IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Opera 10.5

wozofoz

I just updated and wow, it is sooooooooooo fast on the web.

I went back to FireFox to make sure it was not my imagination but no, Opera 10.5 really is soooooooooooo fast.

Startup time: 5 seconds :shock: (this is not a typo)

It's available from the Opera website and it is the official release.

Don't take too long, it's going quick (sorry :roll: :grin: )

All the best, woz of oz

Till start page loaded

My 5 seconds includes loading Google :-D

I just ticked the box and Opera is now my default browser, FireFox better come up with something good soon or it will be just a memory for me.

The other factor is that the last FireFox update left me without some add-ons and although I can 'force' them to work I didn't bother and now I have found I can live without them.

DownThemAll, Flashgot and Add-Block+ are all I use now and at this moment my only attachment to FireFox.

Boy Opera is fast, this reply is already posted and I haven't clicked Submit Reply yet :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

Boy Opera is fast, this reply is already posted and I haven't clicked Submit Reply yet :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

I've only got the Speeddial as start-up page, so it takes no time at all to load up.

I have been using Opera exclusively for the last 9 years, with the exception of the occasional odd website that just insisted on me using IE or FF.

Singing Soprano!

Played around with Opera several times in the last 8 months. Huge improvement in interface. Think I'll give it a long study now. Time from click to open for me about 1.5 secs as well. Funny how some of the Chrome resembles a certain part of the Opera though??!

-Mel

Me too

Yep, that happened to me too.

I did a Secunia on-line scan and it told me that Opera needed to be updated to 10.5 so I checked for updates via Opera and got the same message you did.

I thought this was strange because Secunia is usually very accurate so I went to the Opera website @ http://www.opera.com/

There was 10.5 waiting for download, it's not a Beta, it's the one they offer even if you are installing Opera for the first time.

It is weird that Secunia knows and Opera doesn't :roll:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi, wozofoz,

Yes Secunia did the same for me too, but I let it do the work and download it for me. All sweet now, although Opera did set itself up as my default browser which stuffed things up for a few minutes.

Hi, Dan,

Nothing wrong with that.
No, of course not.

Opera 10.5 still takes about seven seconds to launch from a cold reboot, but only two seconds to launch after that. I'm opening with Google as my Startup page. They don't offer a choice to open on a blank page. Much faster than FF, though.

I need my space

I have a 9" NetBook so the Opera feature I am loving is the ability to use some skins to 'cover' the Title Bar.

Opera Srandard looks ok:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4535&stc=1&d=1268019609

10.5 Clean looks better

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4536&stc=1&d=1268019609

But Medium's Blue Button is my fave skin (at the moment) so I am hoping a new version will be released soon.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4537&stc=1&d=1268019609

I searched around for instructions and looked at the ini files but I can't understand what I need to do to get Medium's to cover the Title Bar.

I did manage to create a Toggle Personal Bar button @ The Opera Custom Button & Command Creator then I stole an icon from Medium's changed it's size and put it in Clean to replace the boring one they had.

That was fun :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived