IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

9 Trojan Missed by IObit Security 360

Stupid Guy Here

Backdoor.Poison!IK

BHO.Win32.CashOn!IK

Packed.Win32.Krap!IK

Patch.winrar!IK

Trojan.Win9x.FlashKiller!IK

Trojan.Win32.VB

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Delf!IK

Trojan-PWS.Win32.LdPinch!IK

Trojan-PWS.Win32.Sinowal!IK (2)

IObit Security 360 free

Can you please send the sample to the threat submit section? Our tech staff will analyze them. Thanks very much.

Hi Guy

How did you find them? Were they on your machine?

If so then you are also saying that your antivirus didn't find them?

A bit more information as to how you have run your test would be good!

Cheers

solbjerg

Backdoor.Poison!IK

BHO.Win32.CashOn!IK

Packed.Win32.Krap!IK

Patch.winrar!IK

Trojan.Win9x.FlashKiller!IK

Trojan.Win32.VB

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Delf!IK

Trojan-PWS.Win32.LdPinch!IK

Trojan-PWS.Win32.Sinowal!IK (2)

IObit Security 360 free

IK = Ikarus

The ending !IK on the file name suggests it was picked up by the Ikarus scanner which is used in A-Squared (I use the free version)

It does have a bit of a reputation for False Positives but VirusTotal seems to confirm a problem :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi

Hi wozofoz + solbjerg + Tim Xue

To wozofoz

Yes u are correct the trogans are mostly named as A-Squared Paid detected them However i have also used AVG 9.0 Internet security. And Avira free.For check them as well as Virus total.

solbjerg

How did you find them? Anwser I was sent these buy a friend a hacker for my collection.

Were they on your machine? +If so then you are also saying that your antivirus didn't find them?

Anwser Yes they were I infected it while A-Squared was turned off . to see if 360 secuity would find anything.

Anwser I installed a new System form scratch Win Xp home = I them installed A-Squared turn it off. then installed 360 and in fected the computer. scanned it with both programs , A-Squared detected them 360 missed them. I then repeated the test with AVG 9.0 Internet security + and Avira free, One at a time . AVG + Avira free All the files are infected and have been checked by AVG, A-Squared, Avira, And virus total..

To Tim Xue

Can you please send the sample to the threat submit section? Our tech staff will analyze them. Thanks very much.

I will up load these files in a win zip if i cant u may pm me a email address and i will email them to u or who ever wants them ..

I have more tests to do on the files i have recived .. How ever I have checked eack one on virus total all 200 of them and I will be scaning them all with AVG A-Squared + 360 and i will post the files it misses .

The purpose of my tests is not to bash or compare 360 to other programs but to to inform u what 360 misses . so with that knowledge and the infected files u can make 360 better .... and better.....

I appears i need a password to up load the files if someone could pm me it or a email address to send the files to that would be great ...

Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.

Note: This requires cookies!

Hi Guy

Ok, thanks for the information.

I suppose you are aware that IObit 360 is NOT an anti-virus application, and it is recommended that one runs it beside an anti-virus program.

The the more malware it catches - the better is my position :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi wozofoz + solbjerg + Tim Xue

To wozofoz

Yes u are correct the trogans are mostly named as A-Squared Paid detected them However i have also used AVG 9.0 Internet security. And Avira free.For check them as well as Virus total.

solbjerg

How did you find them? Anwser I was sent these buy a friend a hacker for my collection.

Were they on your machine? +If so then you are also saying that your antivirus didn't find them?

Anwser Yes they were I infected it while A-Squared was turned off . to see if 360 secuity would find anything.

Anwser I installed a new System form scratch Win Xp home = I them installed A-Squared turn it off. then installed 360 and in fected the computer. scanned it with both programs , A-Squared detected them 360 missed them. I then repeated the test with AVG 9.0 Internet security + and Avira free, One at a time . AVG + Avira free All the files are infected and have been checked by AVG, A-Squared, Avira, And virus total..

To Tim Xue

I will up load these files in a win zip if i cant u may pm me a email address and i will email them to u or who ever wants them ..

I have more tests to do on the files i have recived .. How ever I have checked eack one on virus total all 200 of them and I will be scaning them all with AVG A-Squared + 360 and i will post the files it misses .

The purpose of my tests is not to bash or compare 360 to other programs but to to inform u what 360 misses . so with that knowledge and the infected files u can make 360 better .... and better.....

I appears i need a password to up load the files if someone could pm me it or a email address to send the files to that would be great ...

Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.

Note: This requires cookies!

Archived