IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BUG - CPU Usage - Windows 7 (x64)

i don't know whether this is confined to just 64-bit win 7, but since i have updated from windows vista (x64) smart defrag displays "CPU usage" as -1%.

This does not change when the CPU is in use (CPU usage is displayed correctly in task manager) according to windows. this problem means that the auto defrag function is useless as it doesn't know when the computer is idle.

Please fix this asap as i really like smart defrag. 8-)

------------------------

System Information

------------------------

Processor:

Intel Core i7 CPU 930

Memory:

6134MB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM

Hard Drive:

250 GB (int) + 250GB (int) + 1TB (int) + 500GB (ext)

Video Card:

Ati ASUS EAH5870

Operating System:

Windows 7 Pro x64

Motherboard:

ASUS P6X58D Premium

Same thing....

I'm having a similar problem.....

I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64 and my SmartDefrag (Version 1.45) is insanely glitchy. For example, I can open it sometimes, and sometimes I can't. If I manage to get it open, it will freeze and crash. If I open it an it doesn't crash, it is insanely unstable, If I roll over a button, it takes about 30 seconds for that button to appear highlighted, and same goes for clicking. I've even tried running it and compatibility mode! All in all, this program just isn't playing well with Win7 x64. SmartDefrag is a great program and I'd really like to continue using it. Any suggestions?

=======

PC INFO

=======

COMPUTER MODEL: Gateway FX4710 [http://bit.ly/bjb7iR]

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

8.00GB RAM DDR3

1TB Western Digital HD <- INTERNAL

520GB Western Digital HD <- EXTERNAL

Nivida GeForce 9800GT

processor use

Yup,

my AMD 64 Processor 3500+ 2204 MgHz has the same problem but I tend to ignore the Auto defrag stats!

As a word to the wise being right at the front end with win 7 64 bit does have problems with software manufcturer that has not yet caught up.!:roll:

Just imagine not being able to fill in your tax returns on line because the tax servers can't cope with 64 bit at least iobit and asc 3 makes a good job of it!

M

• 1 month later...

I just got SD 1.45 the other day. I am running Win 7 x64 and it still has the same problem, CPU usage stuck at -1%, so the autodegrag runs all the time.

This thread was started Arp 9. Been over 2 months and they still haven't fixed it :(

I have similar problems others have had too. It seams to stop responding to clicks at times. Specially when reopening it after it has been minimized to the icon tray.

Apparently it isin't a easy fix or they whould have done it by now.

Hi Caretaker

Have you all tried a "Clean Install"? (close down all related applications - uninstall - delete program folder - install again)

Cheers

solbjerg

I just got SD 1.45 the other day. I am running Win 7 x64 and it still has the same problem, CPU usage stuck at -1%, so the autodegrag runs all the time.

This thread was started Arp 9. Been over 2 months and they still haven't fixed it :(

I have similar problems others have had too. It seams to stop responding to clicks at times. Specially when reopening it after it has been minimized to the icon tray.

Apparently it isin't a easy fix or they whould have done it by now.

Thanks for the help :)

I uninstalled & used BitRemover, rebooted and reinstalled. No luck...

Still have -1% on cpu usage all the time.

I see the SD icon in the tray. 5 minutes after logging in the icon starts moving. Nothing I do stops it. Even playing World of Warcraft, when I tab out the SD icon is still moving and cpu usage in SD is at -1%.

Here's some system info:

MB: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

CPU: C2D E8400

User Lvl: 25+ years computer tec , 4+ years VBA programming

Hi Caretaker

Which volume are you defragging?

Here is a screenshot of mine - but I only use autodefrag when testing how it works by me.

CPU usage probably reflect that I have IObit forum open.

The spike in disc usage is probably when I took the screenshot.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5511&stc=1&d=1277053137

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the help :)

I uninstalled & used BitRemover, rebooted and reinstalled. No luck...

Still have -1% on cpu usage all the time.

I see the SD icon in the tray. 5 minutes after logging in the icon starts moving. Nothing I do stops it. Even playing World of Warcraft, when I tab out the SD icon is still moving and cpu usage in SD is at -1%.

Here's some system info:

MB: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

CPU: C2D E8400

User Lvl: 25+ years computer tec , 4+ years VBA programming

i don't know whether this is confined to just 64-bit win 7, but since i have updated from windows vista (x64) smart defrag displays "CPU usage" as -1%.

This does not change when the CPU is in use (CPU usage is displayed correctly in task manager) according to windows. this problem means that the auto defrag function is useless as it doesn't know when the computer is idle.

Please fix this asap as i really like smart defrag. 8-)

------------------------

System Information

------------------------

Processor:

Intel Core i7 CPU 930

Memory:

6134MB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM

Hard Drive:

250 GB (int) + 250GB (int) + 1TB (int) + 500GB (ext)

Video Card:

Ati ASUS EAH5870

Operating System:

Windows 7 Pro x64

Motherboard:

ASUS P6X58D Premium

Hello,

For your concern, we'd like to tell you that it is a bug of Smart Defrag regarding the OS win7 64 bit. However, our guys are working very hard on it and we hope this bug will be issued asap.

We appreciate your support of IObit.

Welcome to 64bit OS

Many software applications are buggy running 64bit.Disk Cleaner and Short-cut features in ASC exhibit problems in respect to stability.The bar graphs jump back and forth like tennis balls at Wimbledon.I often ask myself why I chose 64bit Ultimate,and then shut it down and go to 32bit Pro,or my trusty XP!!

Many software applications are buggy running 64bit.Disk Cleaner and Short-cut features in ASC exhibit problems in respect to stability.The bar graphs jump back and forth like tennis balls at Wimbledon.I often ask myself why I chose 64bit Ultimate,and then shut it down and go to 32bit Pro,or my trusty XP!!

because 64 bit is far better (thats why you chose it) and xp is terribly unstable compared to vista or 7. iobit just need to put in some extra work or people are gonna stop using their software.

Far Better

How so? You can't prove it by me.I've read ALL the hype and specs.True 64bit software is a rarity at best.Don't believe me?,look into your Program Files-then look into your x86 Program Files where you find all the 32bit software trying to pretend it can run efficiently on your 64bit OS.Now,how about a 64bit Browser?-Oh yeah,IE-I'd rather undergo root canal.And even so,Adobe can't get off it's a$$ and produce 64bit Flash,so where you going with that? My 32bit 7 Pro runs smoother than my 64bit Ultimate,which by the way,has far superior hardware in terms of processor and ram! As for XP being unstable-you're joking right? I've got an old Dell running 32bit XP Home SP2 with not a single M$ update,that's right,not a one,and it out performs both 7 comps in sheer speed and reliability.Twenty-two seconds from the push of the power button to a loaded browser-top that :shock: So,I guess the only good thing(that I can see) about 64bit,is that when they finally produce software made for it,I'll be ready.If it takes much longer,I'm going to say to hell with it,and buy a Mac or try my hand at Linux

How so? You can't prove it by me.I've read ALL the hype and specs.True 64bit software is a rarity at best.Don't believe me?,look into your Program Files-then look into your x86 Program Files where you find all the 32bit software trying to pretend it can run efficiently on your 64bit OS.Now,how about a 64bit Browser?-Oh yeah,IE-I'd rather undergo root canal.And even so,Adobe can't get off it's a$$ and produce 64bit Flash,so where you going with that? My 32bit 7 Pro runs smoother than my 64bit Ultimate,which by the way,has far superior hardware in terms of processor and ram! As for XP being unstable-you're joking right? I've got an old Dell running 32bit XP Home SP2 with not a single M$ update,that's right,not a one,and it out performs both 7 comps in sheer speed and reliability.Twenty-two seconds from the push of the power button to a loaded browser-top that :shock: So,I guess the only good thing(that I can see) about 64bit,is that when they finally produce software made for it,I'll be ready.If it takes much longer,I'm going to say to hell with it,and buy a Mac or try my hand at Linux

actually most of my major programs are (maya, 3ds max, xsi, photoshop, comodo antivirus, 7zip, teamspeak 3) the only thinks that arnt for me are firefox, thunderbird and most games, but most programs dont need to be 64 bit (for example office suites) but i use allot of intensive programs like 3d modeling and compression and 64 bit far out performs 32 for me.

Archived