IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comodo Time Machine.

Ted

Hi, All,

Has anyone here used Comodo Time Machine? From what I've read it's a pretty snazzy little tool and supposedly a big improvement on System Restore. Is it really necessary, though if you have a good imaging programme like Macrium Reflect?

• 2 weeks later...

When you install Comodo Time Machine, it makes a modification to your HDD MBR (Master Boot Record) telling your computer to first boot Comodo Time Machine (instead of your Windows OS), which in turn is configured to boot your Windows OS.

so one may want to think about it?

itsmejjj

Please use caution

Hi, All,

Has anyone here used Comodo Time Machine? From what I've read it's a pretty snazzy little tool and supposedly a big improvement on System Restore. Is it really necessary, though if you have a good imaging programme like Macrium Reflect?

Firstly, I use the full Comodo CIS (Comodo Internet Security) suite which includes Firewall, Protection+ (HIPS) and AV so I am certainly not anti-Comodo.

But, I have not tried CTM (Comodo Time Machine) nor will I until I read better reports from users

Please read about CTM before deciding to install it or not.

Here is the link to the Comodo forum discussion @

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ctm-b198.0/

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 weeks later...

well it works very well .if one uses a single disk c:\

also Malcolm reflect on the same system fails..with the time comodo app installed..

next .if you use a Usb drive to run reflect it fails to back up the system. half way into it..ERROR and you have to close the app reflect..

i think its the comodo app that gives you the error..

run it installed by itself is certainly fine.but no usb cable must be inserted.

it hangs at the reboot when restoring with the comodo app.asking for a pass word. with the cable plugged in..now here is the worry you can only use the comodo time app ..as i found no other back up will work..

reason i think.but not sure is the altering of the MBR.

now uninstalling it i do not know .if it will leave the drive as it was before one installed it..i forgot to try it...

ok that is what i found trying this application..

i formatted the 200 gig drive and now testing other soft ware on the pc..

itsmejjj

Archived