IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firewall ?

rdnymllr

Do I need to run a firewall in addition with ASC and S360? If so are there any free ones that people would suggest. I have not been able to turn windows firewall back on since uninstalling Norton thank you Rod

yes i would recommend using a firewall...advanced systemcare or iobit security360 doesn't have one...i recommend either comodo firewall or zonealarm, both are free.

"A firewall is a part of a computer system or network that is designed to block unauthorized access while permitting authorized communications. It is a device or set of devices which is configured to permit or deny computer applications based upon a set of rules and other criteria."

You want a good Firewall then go for Outpost Firewall

Outpost Firewall Free Give's You:

+ Bidirectional firewall

+ Protection that can’t be shut down by hackers

+ Application behavior monitoring

+ Intuitive, resource-friendly operation

+ Activity monitoring capabilities

+ Windows Vista and 64-bit compatibility

Download: http://free.agnitum.com/

Hi RDNY and welcome. As you can see you'll get everyone's favorite and they are all good. I use Online Armor, the free version. It passes the 'leak' test. If you do a search on firewall tests you will find several you can try for free.

Passing 'leak' test is one of the formost tests that a indicate a good firewall.

Windows firewall does not pass the 'leak' test.

Lee

Zone Alarm

Ok my friends!! This is some thing new to me. I know you are all saying old garybear doesn't know any thing about firewalls. It is true I don't know any thing about firewalls. I only had Windows firewall and I did Gibson's leak test and it failed. I down loaded Zone Alarm and now I pass the leak test, but this is all new to me and I need all the help I can get from members about Zone Alarm. It looks like a great program, but I need to know how to set the program up. I will read the help files ,but I would appreciate any and all advice from members that use Zone Alarm. This is new to me, and I need your help using this program.===garybear PS I'm using Zone Alarm with default settings for now. Thanks!!

Passing 'leak' test is one of the foremost tests that a indicate a good firewall.

Windows firewall does not pass the 'leak' test.

Hi friend!!!

ok here it is my setting for zone free version.this will give you a idea>

very simple stuff .and probably all you need to do..

itsmejjj

Thanks friend. I got the idea. Hope you are on the mend!! ===garybear

i forgot to mention that win fire wall is turned of by zone alarm but you can turn it back on.if you want to.control panel ,win fire wall.on or of..

now to make my self clear.any server rights are denied.hence the 2 rows of red X .this is a very good idea you may want to adopt..

now i also like this freebee fire wall it uses win itself!

readers may want to try it.

look at the shot.there is a free version .works well with zone alarm..

or if you the reader want better try comodo fire wall free,probably better?

also free one is available but a little harder to set,and needs you to be wary what you allow.the default setting is fine..if you decide to use it

read up on it ..be very careful what you block. like perhaps a game that you want to run..always answer yes!

make sure you know what it is..that when it asks you , yes or no .before you answer..

its not that friendly for a new user..ok say you decide to give it a try..

back up your c:\drive first..(image) ok trust me do this first!

itsmejjj

i forgot to mention that win fire wall is turned of by zone alarm but you can turn it back on.if you want to.control panel ,win fire wall.on or of..

now i also like this freebee fire wall it uses win itself!

readers may want to try it.

look at the shot.there is a free version .works well with zone alarm..

Hi itsmejjj,

Perhaps, it is better to advice the members that it is not a good practice to have two (2) firewalls ON (activated) at the same time!!!

Cheers.

i agree with you .

if you know what and how to use them .".i keep forgetting"

thank you for this reminder..

as i use 4 at the same time..but only if you know how to combine them.

and get the best out of them.

yes not for a novice.or even a experience user.

its a specialty user only setup..and takes time to tweek .

plus many hours of setting up..

look use one is plenty .whatever one you the reader likes..again i apologize

for the over site.as i am now so used to practicing this..i for get myself..

itsmejjj

tested at gibsons using my own IP and windows 7 fire wall

passes easy so you can use it feel very confidant. that its not that bad a fire wall. thy have improved it.

please note if you decide to use win fire wall i recommend you run the test first

to be sure.

if you happen to fail ok you can tweek it.or a simple solotion get a free fire wall

like say zone alarm or comodo, or pctools.or whatever is your fancy..

Umm use 1 at a time only as suggested by our admin..if you are trying out fire walls..

itsmejjj

Hi jjj (sorry - couldn't resist the joke) :-)

A gibson - (dry martini with a pickled onion)

To alleviate all worry I recommend stronger spirits (preferably a full bottle) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

tested at gibsons using my own IP and windows 7 fire wall

passes easy so you can use it feel very confidant. that its not that bad a fire wall. thy have improved it.

please note if you decide to use win fire wall i recommend you run the test first

to be sure.

if you happen to fail ok you can tweek it.or a simple solotion get a free fire wall

like say zone alarm or comodo, or pctools.or whatever is your fancy..

Umm use 1 at a time only as suggested by our admin..if you are trying out fire walls..

itsmejjj

Archived