IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Valid Errors?

sday

After running ACS Pro to clean my registry, I ran RegistryBooster and received 217 registry errors for all users:

2 Application errors

152 Active x, OLE, com sections

2 system drivers

61 Help Section

There was also 8 User related errors reported in the registry for a combined number of 225 registry issues.

Any ideas as to why ACS would ignor these errors if in fact they are valid and not false errors just to get users to sign up; err actually PAY UP to correct them????

Search

Whenever I come across a situation like this where there are conflicting results I always do a search (Google) of SoftwareName scareware forum to get the opinions of users rather than sites that might have a conflict of interests :wink:

In this case the search would be RegistryBooster scareware forum

All the best, woz of oz

Hi sday

The advice of wozofoz is very good!!

Apart from the mentioned RegistryBooster I just want to say that every registry cleaner has its own parameters and consequently will "clean" the registry differently.

Some cleaners are very aggressive others take a softer approach -

I like the soft approach best - chances for problems from the "cleaning" is smaller with the softer approach.

IObit isn't aggressive - and I myself haven't seen problems from using it on my machine.

(a backup of the registry prior to cleaning is the prudent course in any event)

Cheers

solbjerg

After running ACS Pro to clean my registry, I ran RegistryBooster and received 217 registry errors for all users:

2 Application errors

2 system drivers

61 Help Section

There was also 8 User related errors reported in the registry for a combined number of 225 registry issues.

Any ideas as to why ACS would ignor these errors if in fact they are valid and not false errors just to get users to sign up; err actually PAY UP to correct them????

Hi sday!

If by ACS you mean ASC (Advanced SystemCare) then perhaps you are posting on the right forum. If then you mean you ran ASC pro then you have a paid license.

This thread is relevant and recent as well: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6781

Straightening up cluttered registeries can be messy business and for the sake of the less experienced user.. Iobit has chosen the path of effective safety.

Solbjerg reflects that many users have experienced personal difficulty dealing with the consequences of more aggressive programs...

Peace be to you!!!

-Mel

Hi friend!!

2 Application errors

2 system drivers

61 Help Section

Hi friend!! I use RegSeeker. Recommended by Geeks. Note the warning!!!Registry cleaners are to be used with caution. You can cause yourself a lot of grief and if you don't have a image of your OS backed up, don't even think about using strong cleaners. RegSeeker has never caused me problems ,but I use it with caution,

Clean or manage my registry: (Backup first, registry editing can be dangerous)

RegSeeker

RegCleaner

Registry Distiller

• 2 weeks later...

Well possible because how the soft is written, if you ran Registry First aid platinum, I am sure that you will get 1000 reg to be cleaned!!!! It happened to me after that I cleaned with some reg soft and still Registry First Aid platinum foun 1000 reg keys to be cleaned. You can try the trial version and see what will become.

Archived