IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Maxthon ?

a rouge program ? no idea it was ..

could you please expand ..seems ok installed and no linking.and doing what

its says. clean cookies..i was not aware its classed as A rouge program..

its running fine. i see you love your cookies...

what are thy rouging? this app? did you get any malaware from it.or virus or spy ware? or made to link? or pay up nags?

i see you ran it..and wonder?

or did you experience something bad from the programmer? who made the small cookie free program?

and can you advice me if this company are rouges ?

before i post my findings.

as its the last thing i would want to post..

by the way i do not advertise any applications .for any reason bar i feel thy may help..and some times we can get it wrong..

i spent 2 days now studying and hunting around for free app that could be useful ..if this is not allowed .ok i understand .

if you say thy are intending to harm i will happily remove them from the forum..

itsmejjj

Do you even know the definitions of a rouge and adware?

I learned about things like this the hard way. That's by having people point out when I was wrong , sometimes making me feel like I was about an inch tall. Until you are willing to take criticism you will never learn anything especially when it comes to things like the difference in a rouge and malware. I suggest you open up a little to criticism.

I was about an inch tall ,yes i feel this now .and a little perplexed..

dont read me wrongly i ask kindly if i posted the wrong thing?

a cookie cleaner? and happy to remove this tread if this is or are harmful to a user of the forum.

i think i know as have read here and pick up a lot from the site.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

any how you feel strongly about it i have removed the apps .and taken your advice..and apologize.

jjj

Dear itsmejjj,

I have asked you not to delete your posts recently http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=44821#post44821. In that thread I have undeleted your posts and closed the thread.

How can I more plainly and openly write that: PLEASE DO NOT MASS DELETE YOUR POSTS. (More than one post, multiple posts.)

Now again, I am undeleting your posts, so please do not delete them or the content of them.

If you find one of them inappropriate then delete ONLY that post. I don't want to close this thread.

Thank you and cheers.

Dear itsmejjj,

Dear itsmejjj,

I have asked you not to delete your posts recently http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=44821#post44821. In that thread I have undeleted your posts and closed the thread.

How can I more plainly and openly write that: PLEASE DO NOT MASS DELETE YOUR POSTS. (More than one post, multiple posts.)

Now again, I am undeleting your posts, so please do not delete them or the content of them.

If you find one of them inappropriate then delete ONLY that post. I don't want to close this thread.

Thank you and cheers.

"Do you even know the definitions of a rouge and adware?"

as i did ex plane my self to the gent.in my way i know best,

i felt a little insulted and to avode conflicts was the reason i did..

the 2nd time this has happened..it seems i was posting rouge ware.

according to the expert Fighter.any how if you feel i did not and put it back ok.must be a not harmful post.after all.

i just wanted to reply and ex plane this was the reason..

any how thanks..

jjj

I didn't say the software was dangerous. I just pointed out the links inside of it are considered to be rouge sites. Too many people click without thinking so I think it is important to note that in case someone seed this topic and decides to try out the cookie cleaner.

You can set your browser to not accept flash cookies. No software required.

• Visit this web page.
  • The Website Storage Settings Panel should be showing. This is not an image. It is the actual Flash Player settings on your computer.
  • Under Visited Websites you will see all of the flash cookies saved on your computer.
  • No Flash Cookies will be saved if you go into Global Storage Settings and disable the option “Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer”.

Detailed instructions with images can be found here. Flash Cookies explained.

OK guys,

Here is my contribution to using Flash Player.

After adjusting the settings on the page evilfantasy points out (actual settings for your PC), make the settings.sol file in your PC read only, until you install the newer version, the settings of flash player will be kept as you had adjusted.

In XP, settings.sol is at:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

In Vista & 7, settings.sol is at:

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

Then the Flash Cookie Cleaner software and flash content will not delete your settings.

You can try that with Flash Cookies Cleaner, a joint program from Mixe and Fred de Vries. Flash Cookies Cleaner 1.0 (same download location for the latest version 1.2)

Fred's opinion about the flash cookies (Local Shared Objects) is HERE also.

Cheers.

A security tool advertising or owned by a rouge company? Not good...

well i agree with this statement--but please next time perhaps elaborate what you mean.by rouge..this would of save ill feeling..

now i have tried what you suggested a long time back.

and it failed.the cookies still got on the drive. i guess and i say guess it depends on the system or the way thy are manipulated.or even bypassed some how.

now surely using a app to scan ones system for any and all cookies is not a silly idea..?

as say using a extra app to scan for virus,malaware,and so on .would you agree

to that .we feel different as to what thy do and there purpose.

and we have posted or idea as to what we both think.and that is a opinion

factual or other wize...i personalty hate any and all. you seem not to mind them

as i saw on your capture picture..and the fact you state thy are nothing to worry about..

this is not or should not be a case of wills.but rather optional as to a reader to be able to use .a cleaner.

be it any type of software..

if i posted a application .and it has a link to a rouge company.as you rightly pointed out then i was not aware of it.and that is why we all watch out for each other,and perhaps we can be more tactful,i did click on the links ,and saw nothing evel. i do check out a app and always test it before i post it as safe..

nothing happened.nothing was installed.spoofed.or try to download.

or change any thing ..

and yes i use freds cookie cleaner as well..that he kindly shared with our members to use...

ok thats it as far as this is concern so lets try harder as i have no problem with you personally.

one thing i want to point out to you .i spend many hours testing applications

spend a lot of my time then checking to see if thy can be a malaware.or even a rouging app.or a made forced link type app..

that i shall post about later..

my whole idea is to give readers.members,a option.to be able to block,kill of,any .and by any mean's..that are available..over 27 years using systems has given me the right to know a little on how to and post it..i also own and am in partnership of 5 pc outlets..and repair free many a pc donate to schools,and involved with the children.

also thank you to the ones who posted me a pm ,and for your kind words..

itsmejjj

Are my words getting twisted around somehow?

Since things seem to be going well in private I will stop responding. I don't quite understand why the PM's of support are being sent but I can't stand up for myself when the conversation is in private. Why not join in the conversation in the open? You make it sound like I'm attacking you or trying to discredit you when I'm just stating what I find and that is attacking the software. Not you! If I'm wrong then call me on it. Please! I learn best that way.

P.S. I've never tried to throw out what a great guy I am because I help in the malware removal forum or said I'm a malware fighter so you have to listen to me and that's final.

Ultimately though, I'm over it now. You either get it or not. Same for me...

"I'm just stating what I find and that is attacking the software. Not you!"

thank you for clearing this point..same here .i think its a misunderstanding all around .and cleared up.now.

we both said or apology,in our way.. and i am clad it done with.as its of topic..

itsmejjj

have to apologize very often for your unintended remarks

no not really don't have to any thing...ok

..at least i do if its a misunderstanding. on my part.

by the way it was sorted out by PM.and a happy out come...

so please no need to feed it...

.i post as i see it right or wrong but at least if its wrong am man Enoch to admit it! and apologize! be it many times..

jjj

now lookie here folks what i run across

FLOCK BROWSER...

I kind of like the look of that browser... if a browser is based out of another browser, i.e. Flock is based out of Firefox here, does that mean that it is as safe as Firefox? Do they use the same/similar coding?

• 2 years later...

I have read that Maxthon is loosely based on Microsoft's Internet-Explorer. :shock:

(borrows many things from IE)

Has anyone here compaired it's features to IE-9? :?:

Or is it a change to IE-8 or earlier ?

If it's better than IE-9, I may try it,

but if Not, No Thanks. ;-) :grin:

Since it's going to be Difficult to be Better than IE-9, until IE-10 is released, that is! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually

Actually quite the opposite, and Maxthon is webkit-based. I think you are referring to the Mx 2 version series, not the 3 series. Webkit is the same as Chrome uses. Also I'm pretty sure Flock is Chromium-based, not FF-based. But no, same speed as Chrome on Mx.

Yes, there is a trident engine, but the default is webkit on Mx 3. There are 3 series. Classic (1), 2, and 3 (webkit).

Personally I hate IE and anything trident-based, so trust me, if it were slow and trident-based, I wouldn't be using it.

Just edited my post but seeing how I just accidentally hit the wrong button and lost all my writing, I don't feel like rewriting it. But all in all, summarized, it's best not to base an opinion on one review, which might be by a user using a now-old version of Mx, rather than base it on first-hand experience and/or a myriad of opinions over the web. If you read the mywot report on it or Alternativeto.net, you'll see positive reviews. All everything is based on preference, so there are going to be those who don't like it, just like I don't like IE but some people do. Or how I'm not a big fan of FF, but a lot of people are.

EDIT: Also I know there's a cnet review thing in cnet news on Mx, and it calls Maxthon, quote, "The best browser you've never heard of." And even that was from a while ago when it was posted and there have been countless newer versions coming out since then.

Also IE10 has been released, though only for win8. And I think IE is easily beaten in every area. IE trident engine is....putting it lightly, in my opinion, a hunk of crap.

No offense to those who like IE, sorry.

Archived