IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster 2

When to release: Beta 1 will come out around Sep 15, 2010. (Sorry, we have to postpone the releasing date of Beta 1 to make everything perfect)

Beta 1.0 Interface:

http://www.iobit.com/images/game_booster/001.png

http://www.iobit.com/images/game_booster/003.png

http://www.iobit.com/images/game_booster/004.png

http://www.iobit.com/images/game_booster/005.png

http://www.iobit.com/images/game_booster/006.png

New/Improved Feature:

- Better optimization for a gaming system

- Detection and downloading for the latest drivers

- Detection and downloading for the latest gaming tools like Steam

- More powerful tweaks for system and games

- Enhanced game defrag

- Enhanced automatic solutions

- Free version available

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;45451']Looks nice~

Great interface =)

And many other features :razz:

But it's gonna be a long wait...

Edit: With all those things added to Game Booster, wouldn't that take up more resources than the resources it's about to free?

Cheers.

I am also concerned about the resources. I always cringe when other users ask for additional functions. The bottom line is this software needs a VERY small footprint when run. Otherwise all the pretty stuff is counter productive.

Don't Worry

No worry about the resources GBv2 will eat. IObit engineers are smart and clever boys/girls :)

The program minimized to system tray, after switching to Game Mode, is a different one, which eats only very very little resource, with the main interface you see. That is, the main program you see here will eat some resource, but when you switch to Game Mode, the main program will kill itself and a very-mini system-tray program will come out waiting for your switching back to Normal Mode.

Hope my explain answer your questions. Thanks.

Hi masterblaster

I agree that the primary function is that it works well according to the objective - if that can be accomplished while also writing smart short codes and at the same time make the interface intuitive and pleasing to the eye - then it will be optimal.

The same goes for all othe architectural accomplishments.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am also concerned about the resources. I always cringe when other users ask for additional functions. The bottom line is this software needs a VERY small footprint when run. Otherwise all the pretty stuff is counter productive.

Hey! first post and first impression , V2

OK, First I'll say Hi, and well, ***** intros, who cares anyway...

I've been around the arena when it comes to offloading processes and using PC performance enhancing techniques accross the board. I don't overclock for a reason. But I have been intimately involved with the gaming industry in various vocations in the course of my life. This moniker may even be recognized this far down the road.... Who knows... not why I'm here. I wanna help!

First off... I have used this app forever in spirit and when they released it. I used ASC from Iobit as well. I am a Fan. Some things I would like to consider before we dive into a GUI overhaul.. albeit a SWEET overhaul... Under the hood needs more manhours. Shall we...

The Advent of Solid State.

Trim or no trim, even now and in the future, until we see the end all, saving grace "TYPE" of SSD come that will negate the fears of longevity and usefulness that still linger about. I worry on this...

Defrag can be a bad thing if you want to run the game files from an SSD regardless. Some systems are using autoupdaters and these are also a detriment to the drive that is out of our control by shear choice of where we game from. But autoupdate makes for more frequent smaller writes versus a incremental patch a developer will release that is a one shot deal until the next patch.

Frequently modded games, where their development teams are constantly releasing tweaks and fixes forcing an erradic upgrade schedule to keep up with servers. This issue hurts.

Games where large compressed files are constantly opened and minute parts are loaded. This "opening' decompression is often a disk write within the titles folder, In RAM or who knows..... if it is within the game folder on the SSD we are just slamming this SSD to no end. ARMA and ARMA II are 2 titles that do this. Oblivion, Fallout 3 are also guilty, PROTOTYPE and any open expanse game, If the game doesn't make good use of your RAM and uses it's own space. MY SSD is surely doomed :-( :-x , Large ID titles that use any QUAKE variant or engine base code. Even EPIC. LOD is the biggest culprit in my titles... The decompression of the files in a temp area is still wear.

Please note I'm saying Can be problem and you see my inclinations above. All cases vary and yours is no different and no less important.

WHY WHY OFM SO much text....

I don't come around often, when I do, there is always a valid reason and I usually give a good read.

Game Booster NEEDS

So I bring this to light only because I want to make sure the options we need are made available and we don't really go to far past the premise of the Game Booster applications existence. If form takes hold to wit function is being sacrificed for... Well, it's an insane path to choose if I were to be asked.

This app helps but something is amiss...

Before cosmetology services... how about making sure processes are actually down by following through with a service check.

One example... I run slingbox and in this rig, the windows application sling player 2.0

Gamebooster finds and shuts down the process it has loaded. but the SlingAgentService. is still running and that in turn restarts the process.

This of course was the carrot I needed to look into it further. and I found many things restart. Some background services actually when crippled from Game Booster, launch other stuff to resolve their system again. Relaunching themselves and all their needed processes by using things still running in the OS to do so. Leaving their crap behind, still running.

Vista, In my experience, being still used widely, has a problem with this applications approach. I follow up with a task manager perusal usually and find that the "processes" that Game booster shuts down to make the rig snappy, Get restarted because this app isn't intuitive enough to SHUT DOWN THE SERVICES ATTACHED... That app invariably checks to see if what they need to run is actually running and will restart it through their cooperative use of OTHER processes and services that this Game Booster does not address. Returning to normal mode in Game booster most times starts new instances of processes and then you have several versions of several processes, connected to duplicate user interfaces, re-relaunching and Windows is choking and responding by telling you that the software is already running

I still routinely can and must stop an additional 6 to 18 items after Game Booster initiates and then minimizes. Some items running processes were supposed to be already shut down by Game Booster but they are not... In order to knock the running amount down to 30 to 40 respectively based on my load I have to enter the Task Manager after Game Booster.

Windows Explorer

Some games don't need to run it, but STEAM does. and IGN/Gamespy's COMRADE app does too. However explorer.exe does not shut down through my actions in Game Booster even though It displays it as a viable shutdown

Game booster itself needs Explorer to run.. so it restarts instantly.... Shoot yourself in the foot much?

To shut down explorer.exe I must follow up in Task Manager.

ARMA Series and a few other titles that have no operating system dependencies for gui nuggets also seem to benefit from a real explorer shutdown. For layman, some apps use Windows bits to display their parts. Edges of windows, buttons, dialogue box elements etc. I am not talking themes or AERO I am talking their app calls for explorers old basic grey blocky windows stuff. So explorer does not shut down or is restarted....

I am able to shut down explorer succesfully in Task Manager and we all know.. knocking back processes and thinning the OS herd of crazy uneeded apps... WOW it's like making your Rig into a "THAT GAME TITLE " RIG or like a console almost... the only thing running is that game! and a few underlying processes and ZING our gaming ROCKS!!!!. So I feel this working... but it's not working right.

Keep the function the foremost. Keep the SSD ideas in your heads and make sure DEFRAG is a very complete feature set to ensure we can manage the new intermingled drive type arrays. A more comprehensive and robust management of windows back end services so the processes your app shut down, do not just start back up in a few moments.

V2 GUI is really... well. Honestly, You can put lipstick on a pig.... But it's still a pig.

I want to see you put wings on it because I love my pig and I want it to fly.... :lol:

PEACE and thanks for letting me yank your chain a bit. Keep up the Good Work.. It does "LOOK" awesome!

Game Booster II

New Interface:

http://www.iobit.com/images/gb2.jpg

New/Improved Feature:

- Enhanced game defrag

- Free version available

When to release: Beta 1 will come out around Aug 2010, and the final version will be ready around Oct :)

I started with your your first free prog about 10-12yrs ago...it worked just fine, you've come a long way since then. I liked ASC & 360 so much that I paid for them, just because your efforts are outstanding, "Is not a servant worthy of his hire", Bible! I've passed your progs onto at least 150 people and urged them to but because you deserve to be paid. I like your biz model, give it away free to many people and a percentage will pay. I have 360 Pro too. Oh yea, I run a quad core with 2 hot graphic cards so speed is no issue, runs any game w/all sliders maxed...but I use the game booster just because I like your stuff. Oh yes, I am very eager for GB II, like I say...I will demo it for my friend's PCs. If IOBIT was a fox, I'd kiss her! Thanks!

New Interface:

http://www.iobit.com/images/gb2.jpg

New/Improved Feature:

- Enhanced game defrag

- Free version available

When to release: Beta 1 will come out around Aug 2010, and the final version will be ready around Oct :)

great, now i have to wait and be jelous for about six months untill it comes out. why did you have to tell us so far in advance? i want it so badly but cant do anything about it. :(

I hope this won't conflict with stupid online game application like GameGuard and Hackshield.

Because some kind of this program detect it as game hacking tool it's falsely detection. :-x

Not this one. This program doesn't hack or speed up anything. It just stops unnecessary processes so your comp runs faster.

Archived