IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

The Donkey!!

garybear

Hi sunny!!

well,well.well I would not have expected the thread to go three pages. Oh well hope the donkey gets well soon.

Hi good friend!! Me thinks they are all bored!!!

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt204/ndnbob/donkey.gifPS maybe I should start some more trouble, and give them some thing to do.LOL

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb257/xr_sex/shrek.jpg

Hi Ted

I feel I ought to round this off with the information you found.

Ted found out that the reason his Alt+ a number didn't work on his machine was that he had "sticky keys" activated. He deactivated the function and the procedure described worked as it should.

As far as I know you should be able to do it with sticky keys activated too,

- hit the Alt key twice (it will then respond as if you are holding it down - and then hit the numbers on the numberboard.

Then you probably have to hit the Alt key again to get out of that mode.

That ought to work too! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Ted

No, actually what you are doing here is ascii-ing :-) (American Standard Code for Information Interchange)

Keep the ALT key down while hitting 1 on the numberpad ☺

Keep the ALT key down while hitting the numbers 0177 in succession ±

Alt+10 should give you ◙ white ring on black background

Alt+19 ‼

I think they must have changed the behaviour in Notepad and Wordpad,

- earlier it was the other way round as far as I remember, but why they should have removed that functionality in Wordpad nonplusses me. (Wrong - did remember wrongly- sorry!)

It is only these that don't work in Wordpad:

Alt + the numbers from 1 to 31 without the 0 in front generates:

☺ ☻ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ • ◘ ○ ◙ ♂ ♀ ♪ ♫ ☼ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ¶ § ▬ ↨ ↑ ↓ → ← ∟ ↔ ▲ ▼

The ones with a zero in front does!!!

With your Alt+10 it looks like you have hit Alt+1 released Alt - pressed again and hit 0 - Alt+0 doesn't give any character - so just keep the Alt key down until you have completed the number on the numberpad.

I just finished a shed for my lady 2 weeks ago

2,4 m x 3,6 m = 8,64 m² with a mean height of 2,1 m this comes to 18,144 m³ ☺

The hexadecimal numbers are most easily utilized in Word or Wordpad (ah - this is what I remembered I think) but doesn't work in Notepad.

try writing b0 (b zero) in word or wordpad place the cursor right behind it and hit the keys Alt+x it will then convert the hex number to character ° (degree sign)

B0 in hex is 11(b)x16 (second placement)+0 (zero) i.e. zero one's and 11 sixteen's = 176

FF would be 15 one's and 15 sixteen's = 255

F00 = 256

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg,

As far as I know you should be able to do it with sticky keys activated too,

- hit the Alt key twice (it will then respond as if you are holding it down - and then hit the numbers on the numberboard.

You're right. It works just as you say. However, I'll leave my "Sticky Keys" disabled for the moment.

Hi, solbjerg,

You can activate sticky keys by hitting Shift five times

Cheers

Thanks for that, although I am trying to keep my mind on the job in hand and leave my finger on the Shift key until I've pressed the following letter. That way I don't have to go back over my typing and retype the uppercase letters.

:-) no worries mate :-)

Hi, solbjerg,

Thanks for that, although I am trying to keep my mind on the job in hand and leave my finger on the Shift key until I've pressed the following letter. That way I don't have to go back over my typing and retype the uppercase letters.

Archived