IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

X-Setup Pro

wozofoz

Has anyone tried X-Setup Pro @ http://www.x-setup.net/

Any opinions, reviews, warnings etc would be much appreciated :smile:

Note: No mention of Win 7

From MajorGeeks:

Requires: Win9x/NT/200x/XP/Vista

X-Setup Pro is not yet another Windows Hacker; it is the ultimate tool for black belt system tuning and tweaking, running on Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, ME, XP and 2003 Server.

They have shut down so it is now free and the serial number is supplied but there will be no support

For X-Setup Pro software information and download go to MajorGeeks

@ http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4083.html

X-Setup Pro Serial Number: XSA092-11TA9R-8K12YT

All the best, woz of oz

I have been using X-Setup for a very long time and the last free version 6.5 Final 1 was still in my XP Pro untill I have installed this version couple of days ago.

One of the most detailed system and registry tweakers ever made. Worked fine with Vista, but I didn't try it on Win7 yet.

It makes me sad that the company is now dissolved. What a pity. :-(

I would advise it to the enthusiastic users to know the Windows OS inside better.

Just becareful not to over do it!!!:???:

Cheers.

Hi there, enoskype,

I downloaded and installed it, but get the 404 Not Found Error when trying to access the forum. Have they closed that down too?

Also, after having a browse through it I have found a swag of HHCTRL ID 1904 errors in Event Viewer. From what I've read they appear to be caused by an early MS update. What do you do about those entries if you're getting them, just ignore them?

I didn't try it on Win7 well i have tried it..this is the best thing at least one of the best recommended, if you know what you are changing..for any one ,download it .ans its now free .get it while one can..for tweaking a system thy do not come much better than this..thank you for the heads up as thy say..

itsmejjj

w7 trial

Im gonna give it a bash on 7

intel dual core e5300

Iobit360 1.41

ASC pro 3.60

Malwarebytes

Blue screen view

CPUID

Regscanner

Mozilla Firefox 3.63

Avast 5 45 05 (home free)

Belkin N wifi 8053

Adobe v10

MS Silverlight (currrent)

Nvidea GForce 7100

Im lucky dont use lots of other programs so very little to restore (hopefully not)

Event logs cleared AND away we go

oops home premium

Hi, scrd01

6 years worth of data must be using up a lot of space???
You're right, I think I'll adopt your practice.

Just wondering if Event Viewer's filter could be set up to exclude the swag of HHCTRL information entries every time I use the X-Setup Pro's Help file.

xpro help files

went in and viewed help files checked event viewer didnt get any HHCTRL entries know how to temporarily filter the logs ie ignore information entries

its keeping that setting permanant that gets me

Archived