IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag and USB drive

Hi meadfoot,

Is your option "Do not display flash drivers and solid-state drivers (Recommended)" in Options section unchecked?

Also, did you choose those volumes in dropdown menu for Auto defrag in Auto Defrag section?

Cheers.

• 2 years later...

Hi meadfoot

I would be interested in knowing how often you have to change your USB sticks due to defragging them and if you have ever lost data due to a stick dying?

Cheers

solbjerg

I thought my USB (NTFS) drive used to be defragged but it only gives options to defrag the 2 hard disks now.

Is there a setting that I've missed or altered?

Rog

Hi Meadfoot.

Hi meadfoot,

Is your option "Do not display flash drivers and solid-state drivers (Recommended)" in Options section unchecked?

Also, did you choose those volumes in dropdown menu for Auto defrag in Auto Defrag section?

Cheers.

If you check the settings as described by enoskype, I believe you will identify your problem. However, please be aware that the USB/Removable Drive must be connected (and switched on), as SD only sees the drive when it is present. In other words, if you select your removable drive in your settings when the removable drive is connected, and then remove the drive, the removable drive will no longer be available in SD's options.

Hi Scannan

wozofoz and enoskype poked some gentle fun at me for answering a post more than 2 years old :-)

I had responded because the thread was reopened by Melvin.

But I am actually glad that we finally got to answer it satisfactorily :-)

Hopefully it will help some others that are browsing the forum for solutions :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Meadfoot.

If you check the settings as described by enoskype, I believe you will identify your problem. However, please be aware that the USB/Removable Drive must be connected (and switched on), as SD only sees the drive when it is present. In other words, if you select your removable drive in your settings when the removable drive is connected, and then remove the drive, the removable drive will no longer be available in SD's options.

Archived