IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Toolbox: Copy of design and functionality ? [NO, it is not!!!]

roger_m

You are completely wrong! There is a very big difference to having similar features in a product to actually stealing a competitors design.

If you continue to do so, that's up to you, but it reflects very badly on your company. One would of though after the issues with Malwarebyte's that you would be doing all you could to improve your tarnished reputation...

You are the fighters like enoskype said. I know the reason why you always say bad words with us, it's the issue with Malwarebytes, right? We admit there is something wrong we have internal, but we fixed it as soon as possible.

But this time, it's all your prejudice to us. I have read your post, you mentioned that the Disk Explorer and Disk Doctor in IObit Toolbox are similar with TuneUp's tool, right?

Let me tell you the truth, in early 2007, we had Disk Explorer and Registry Defrag tool in our Advanced SystemCare. The interface and design was like that, you can check it yourself. So we keep this style and continue develop more tools. The second reason is that we started to use DevExpress GUI component to improve our product. TuneUp also used the same 3rd component to build their product. The theme of the component is the same, "Office 2007 Style", just because it looks beautiful and professional.

Copy the design? No! We had these tools in early 2007, but you don't learn the history. Many vendors learn some good design from others, I admit we learned something from TuneUp, but they learned something from us as well. We have been in the system utilities market for over 5 years, our product is now the most popular system utilites product in the internet, if we just copy from others, how can we make it?

Indeed, we are a new face in security market, but in system utilities market, many other company learn and copy from us.

By the way, do you know the "Turbo Mode" feature in TuneUp 2010?

We have developed Game Booster last year, and made a Turbo Boost in our Advanecd SystemCare last year. It's the first product that can turn off Windows service and background applications temporary to save system resource and improve computer performance.

Then TuneUP learned this feature from us. In Q1 of this year, when the new version of TuneUp released(Tuneup 2010), there was the silimar feature, but you can never find it before TuneUp 2010.

That's another side of the story you don't know and you don't see.

You cannot see anything with the prejudice.

I know the reason why you always say bad words with us, it's the issue with Malwarebytes, right?

No that is not reason at all. It is quite simply because you are ripping off TuneUp's design. That's all.

But this time, it's all your prejudice to us.

Sorry, but you are also wrong here. I have absolutely no prejudice.

I have read your post, you mentioned that the Disk Explorer and Disk Doctor in IObit Toolbox are similar with TuneUp's tool, right?

...we started to use DevExpress GUI component to improve our product. TuneUp also used the same 3rd component to build their product. The theme of the component is the same, "Office 2007 Style", just because it looks beautiful and professional.

Copy the design? No! We had these tools in early 2007, but you don't learn the history.

Well there is no point trying to defend yourself here. Aside for the user interfaces, the actual wording used is very similar to that use in TuneUp Utilities.

Quite simply the only way this could be is if you copied it from TuneUp. Try and deny it if you will, but surely anyone with an open mind can see that this is true. In fact, a better position to take would be to admit you made a mistake and immediately work a new beta which does not copy from TuneUp.

Also, I actually do know a lot of the history of IObit I have used many versions of your products during the last five years.

I admit we learned something from TuneUp, but they learned something from us as well.

Maybe so. However TuneUp have not copied the user interface of any of your products.

We have been in the system utilities market for over 5 years, our product is now the most popular system utilites product in the internet

With that in mind, why do you feel the need to copy from others?

We have developed Game Booster last year, and made a Turbo Boost in our Advanecd SystemCare last year. It's the first product that can turn off Windows service and background applications temporary to save system resource and improve computer performance.

Then TuneUP learned this feature from us. In Q1 of this year, when the new version of TuneUp released(Tuneup 2010), there was the silimar feature, but you can never find it before TuneUp 2010.

I do know that. I know a lot about most system utility suites.

But to stay on topic, the problem with IObit Toolbox, is not that it has some similar utilities to TuneUp - I see no problem with that. The problem which you are trying to avoid here is that you copied their user interface and wording.

You cannot see anything with the prejudice

I have absolutely no prejudice at all. If the tables were turned and it was TuneUp copying your user interfact then I would feel exactly the same about TuneUp as I do about IObit right now.

Furthermore I think your Toolbox program has a lot of potential, I really do. I just wish you would use your own design. If you did that I would have no problem with it at all :smile:

Hi Tim

Yes - that was a fine idea. An easy way to close down temporarily some unnecessary services. Very helpful to a lot of people.

The question about who "invented" what can be interesting.

The forerunner of the fork was probably a skewer - probably "invented" by several widely dispersed groups of apes and monkeys.

A fair number of our ancestors then probably "invented" the four-pronged fork and a number of designers have then designed a goodly number of those. (basicly very similar in appearence and function)

A group of monkeys in Japan developed a method to separate grain from sand by scooping it up and throwing it into water - the grain floated and the sand sank - Voila!! Perhaps a monkey Einstein or Leonardo da Vinci or perhaps just by accident by some ordinary monkey. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

By the way, do you know the "Turbo Mode" feature in TuneUp 2010?

You cannot see anything with the prejudice.

well now i think i get your beef...i have to admit its all most a clone!

the interface.i just compared the 2 applications.opening them up. well take a look for your self's ,and you can see the comparison..if you were using ether one at the same time you cant be that sure what one you are using ?bar the opening..

i now see this point made..and sorry i misunderstood what you were pointing at..and why the persistent posts made..and i do own you my sincere apology

i was seeing red at the word steeling..now looking hard at the program am seeing the duplicate.almost

and cant argue that point..

not looking at this post were this was started.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1706627

but always the but.the internals are different.and perhaps the interface could be changed to stop this ..?? revamped,reprogrammed to make it different? and this would fix this..should be easy for the team to do ?

and please i am not picking sides here .but see whats being stated. and looking at this its not to good to see the almost same menus.

it certainly needs to be made to look different.wording,color,headings and so on..and get away from the other apps looks.

itsmejjj

Furthermore I think your Toolbox program has a lot of potential, I really do. I just wish you would use your own design. If you did that I would have no problem with it at all :smile:

I think it is time to close this thread, as everyting is said and answered.

Plenty of opportunity is given for statements and questions, and they are answered by IObit.

No more nagging about this subject.

Cheers.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!

Archived