IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Start Manager problem

Cogito

I tried to delete a Pinnacle updater in my Auto Start.

Next time I checked, I found two Pinnacle updaters so I deleted them.

Every time I delete this updater, they get more and more.

Now they are more then 800.

I have tried to install a new copy of ASC - no success.

Please give me a method to solve this problem.

Hi Cogito

When installing a new copy of ASC, I think :-) it should be done as an absolutely clean install - concept explained in my signature links

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried to delete a Pinnacle updater in my Auto Start.

Next time I checked, I found two Pinnacle updaters so I deleted them.

Every time I delete this updater, they get more and more.

Now they are more then 800.

I have tried to install a new copy of ASC - no success.

Please give me a method to solve this problem.

I made a System reset back to 11/9 2010.

I undeleted ASC and some other programs with an updated Revo Uninstaller (all steps) and deleted the IObit folder and some other folders.

I made a clean reinstallation of ASC.

There were 2 Pinnacle WebUpdate posts left in the Auto Start.

It is impossible to remove them.

My HP Pavilion dv4000 (XP Pro) was scanned yesterday with AVG and SpyBot.

Clean uninstall/install

It is strange that the entries appear in Advanced System Care but not in IObit Toolbox.

When you did a Clean Install did you do the same procedure as laid out in This Post

• Did you use BitRemover which is recommended in that post

• Did you check all the User folders in the Documents and Settings section.

These will possibly be: Administrator, All Users, Default User, Owner, Your User Name and there might be more or less

• Did you check in Program files

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for all answers!

Though I have made three uninstalls and clean installs and one system reset, the Autostart manager fails.

When I delete one Pinnacle WebUpdater post, it ends up with another identical post.

The problem seems to be located to ASC as I ca'nt see it in other programs.

I give up here and will use another Autostart manager until I believe that ASC is safe.

• 2 weeks later...

RE: Autostart program

Hey cogito -

I had the same situation with the autostart program in ASC - this one program just kept multiplying on the list until it also reached around 800 count - clean install didn't work but I did fix the issue - have you ever heard of a company called sysinternals ? Anyway they are well regarded and have the best auto start program called autoruns . It's very detailed and when I used it I was amazed at how much junk was listed in my start up registry folder. I mean this garbage had made it through countless security program and cleaning program scans - I still can't figure it out. Anyway after using that program I haven't had any problems whatsoever. Here's the link for Autoruns if you want to check it out.

Good luck !

-tagen

JUST NOTICED the link wasn't working correctly - here's the address:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Be careful

AutoRuns is very good for seeing everything that happens at startup but it can be confusing for the 'average user' It is a very powerful tool and should be used with caution.

Advanced System Care and most other startup managers purposely do not show the full list of items because under 'normal' conditions the hidden items need to be in startup, if the user were to disable the wrong item all sorts of problems could result.

Please be very careful when using AutoRuns and make sure you know if the item is necessary or not before making any changes.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived