IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Where are we going?

make sure you are still around next spring, we are thinking of visting norway and may ask for some tips, also considering a visit to Alesund to see the bears. maybe visit in a cruise tour or drive our camper van to norway.

too early to make plans yet.

You will be much welcome.

Would be nice to meet you.

Take care.

Hi, guys!

It's in Norwegian, but it should understandeble.

How much can you write to a SSDisk:

Todays number:

”35 petabyte med tilfeldige skrivinger ekvivalent til 19,2 TB per dag i fem år” i følge sjefen for bedriftsmarkedet i Hitachi, Dean Amini. De tre andre enhetene skal tåle 9 petabyte.

35 petabyte with random write - equivalent of 19,2 (19,16) Terabyte per day for 5 years according to the marketing boss from Hitachi, Dean Amini.

The three other units can stand 9 petabyte.

Between 4,9 TB - 19,2 TB a day for 5 years.

So, end of discussion, you can use it as a traditional HD, but with the TRIM enabled. Don't defrag.

Cheers.

Thank you!!

Petabyte = 10^15

Terabyte = 10^12

Cheers solbjerg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Viking

I copied your answer to here:

I am. Intel i7 cpu, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB Intel x25 SSD. Win 7 Ultimate

From Bios to login 11 sec.

On the SSD - OS, Visual Studio 2010, SQL server 2008 R2, Office Pro 2010. Complete installation of them all, and still 69 GB free.

BTW, Windows shut down the defragment of the SSD by it self. Only the hard drives can be defragmented.

<!-- / message -->That is certainly very very fast. Mine uses 6 times as much time.

Congratulation - but they are still fairly expensive, right?

Cheers

solbjerg<!-- sig -->

Hi Viking

I copied your answer to here:

I am. Intel i7 cpu, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB Intel x25 SSD. Win 7 Ultimate

From Bios to login 11 sec.

On the SSD - OS, Visual Studio 2010, SQL server 2008 R2, Office Pro 2010. Complete installation of them all, and still 69 GB free.

BTW, Windows shut down the defragment of the SSD by it self. Only the hard drives can be defragmented.

<!-- / message -->That is certainly very very fast. Mine uses 6 times as much time.

Congratulation - but they are still fairly expensive, right?

Cheers

solbjerg<!-- sig -->

You should be able to get one for about 1400 DKR

Hi Toppack

DKK is the international code for Danish Krone, DK for Denmark and K for Krone, (Danish Kingdom) but in Denmark and I think the other Scandinavian countries except perhaps Finland (FIM), DKR is most used - the Norwegian Krone is NKR (NOK) - the Swedish SKR (SEK), - so it comes natural here that the Danish Krone should be DKR.

I suppose that the existence of DM (Deutche Mark - German currency) made it impractical to have D for Denmark too, so they called it DK - sometimes we see it in downloads as da - Germany as de

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Danish krone

dansk krone (Danish)

ISO 4217 Code DKK

Subunit

1/100 øre

Symbol kr

Plural kroner

øre øre

Coins 50 øre, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 kroner

Banknotes 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 kroner

The krone (sign: kr; code: DKK) is the currency of the Kingdom of Denmark.

The krone is pegged to the euro via the European Union's exchange rate mechanism.

The plural of krone is kroner.

The krone is divided into 100 øre, the singular form being the same as the plural.

The ISO 4217 code is DKK;

the domestic abbreviation is "kr."

Occasionally, the variants DKR or Dkr are seen, but these are not official. The currency is sometimes informally referred to as the "Danish crown" in English (since krone literally means crown in the Danish language).

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. As a curiosum øre also means ear, but unlike the coin it gets an r attached in plural - ører→ears (the hearing kind) :-)

Okay, if a KR is a Krone, What is a KK?

I know I've seen DKK used for Krone somewhere, or did I Dream that? :lol:

Thanks for the Info,

Edit: Here's a currency-converter link where it's labled DKK:

http://coinmill.com/DKK_EUR.html

Archived