IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD Version-2, Changes & Improvements ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have the SD server 2010 installed now, bu when I had it tested, it was exactly the same as SD1.5. The language files are the same analysis wise too.

Cheers.

Okay thanks,

I was curious if we were really Comparing 'Apples to Apples'. :wink:

(Not an Older to Newer Version)

I updated my old version and now i can't schedule anything. Before I could schedule when i wanted it to run. What gives? I don't want an update that does nothing but goes back in time.

Which Version are you Now using?

(Server-2010, v1.5, 2-beta1.2, etc.)

The different versions have different Paths to the 'Schedule Setup' config page.

(the version number is at top of SD main window)

If you have found the 'Schedule setup' and you feel it's configured properly, but it won't activate, then attaching screen-shots of the configuration and time/date pages will help us determine if something else needs changing in your config.

Hi lady,

I assume that you have updated to the last version.

I have scheduled the latest release Smart Defrag 2 Beta1.2 to defrag my system drive C: 5 minitus ago and it started exactly at the time that I have scheduled.

Am I missing something, or perhaps there is something wrong with your scheduling it through:

Click Settings on the main GUI=>Settings window opens=>click Defrag on the left pane=>click Scheduled Defrag on the left pane=>go to Scheduled Defrag on the right pane=>slide Status: from OFF to ON=>choose a defrag Action: under Method =>choose a drive under Volume=>click Configure button under Schedule=>Task Schedule window opens=>choose your preferences=>click OK button=>click Apply button=click OK button

That's it, it will start to defrag at the time you have chosen.

Cheers.

Hint:

In 2-beta the step that is not very obvious is mouse-clicking on 'Scheduled defrag' on left side of Settings page, to activate the Schedule config page.

(It's my opinion that the selections on left side of Settings page should have been 'buttons', instead of a path-tree layout, which would have made the page selections more obvious)

• 5 weeks later...

lokk at attatchemnets on post dated 1/16/2011

Hi DisabledNotDead

In what sequence did you run the defrags? Did you run them just after each other? Did you have anything else running while defragging?

It would be good if you clarify if you are talking files or fragments in all instances.

As I understand what you are saying you had 197 files in the first defrag - how many fragments?

26 files in the second defrag + 726 fragments

and you then recall 138 ?? what? files or fragments in the third defrag, Right?

Fragments most probably! Those fragments could come from some few files.

How much free space do you have on the defragged drive? In percentage please!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Disabled

The first picture shows some fragmented files and the other part of it shows the number of fragments in those files.

The second picture shows how many fragments in each file.

Additionally you have not informed us about which settings you use - for example do you use the deep scan in the scan that yields 726?

Cheers

solbjerg

SD server 197 files/dir are fragmented (ran ANALize first, 101.8/288.7 free/total space, not deFRAGmented) FIRST ATTATCHEMNT

SD 2 b1.1 726 FRAGMENTS on STATUS PAGE (FIRST ATTATCHMENT) and only 26 FRAGMENTS on REPORT PAGE (SECOND ATTATCHMENT) RAN ANALize ONLY 101.8/288.7 free/total space, not deFRAGmented

SD 1.5 RAN THIRD ANALize ONLY posted 138 i do NOT recall if it was FILES or Fragments but in does not come close to 197 FILES 26 FRAGMENTS or 726 FRAGMENTS.

AGAIN I ONLY RAN EACH as ANALize and in this order SD Server Trial, SD 2 b1.1 and then SD 1.5 with 101.8/288.7 free/total or >35%free I ran NOTHING ELSE during the tests

Hi DisabledNotDead

Well if you only ran Analyze in all instances, there seems to be some difference in the parameters - or possibly version 2 beta 1.1 has a glitch.

You could try to see if the newest version yields the same result :-)

If so we should make IObit aware of the possible glitch in the beta product. Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

SD server 197 files/dir are fragmented (ran ANALize first, 101.8/288.7 free/total space, not deFRAGmented) FIRST ATTATCHEMNT

SD 2 b1.1 726 FRAGMENTS on STATUS PAGE (FIRST ATTATCHMENT) and only 26 FRAGMENTS on REPORT PAGE (SECOND ATTATCHMENT) RAN ANALize ONLY 101.8/288.7 free/total space, not deFRAGmented

SD 1.5 RAN THIRD ANALize ONLY posted 138 i do NOT recall if it was FILES or Fragments but in does not come close to 197 FILES 26 FRAGMENTS or 726 FRAGMENTS.

AGAIN I ONLY RAN EACH as ANALize and in this order SD Server Trial, SD 2 b1.1 and then SD 1.5 with 101.8/288.7 free/total or >35%free I ran NOTHING ELSE during the tests

Hi again DisabledNotDead

I tried your method with SD2 beta 2. and SD 1.50

SD2 told me that it had 850 fragments - counting the files they came from came to 255 files and yielded a percentage of 0,17%

While counting the files I noticed that many were temporary Internet files, which to me suggests that it would be a good thing to run a clean up check in ASC prior to defragmenting. :-)

I then ran the analyze in SD 1.50 and it reported 255 files and a defragmentation level of 0.17%, so generally it seems they come up with the same result - it is just that they are reported differently - one reports the number of fragments and the other the number of files in my opinion.

Can be a bit confusing - and counting the files by hand in the report from SD2 is a bit cumbersome :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I tried again a couple of hours later after a cleanup by ASC

SD2 said 778 fragments and 0.19% fragmentation

SD1.50 said 80 files fragmented and 0.19% fragmentation.

The number of fragments have gone down, but curiously the percentage has gone a bit up. To explain that I suppose it relates to the possibility that the number of the total files and directories has gone down as well after the ASC cleanup?

I didn't check that at the time.

I had not used the computer very much in the time between tests - was stoking up wood and starting my central heating furnace :-)

Hi DisabledNotDead

Well if you only ran Analyze in all instances, there seems to be some difference in the parameters - or possibly version 2 beta 1.1 has a glitch.

You could try to see if the newest version yields the same result :-)

If so we should make IObit aware of the possible glitch in the beta product. Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived