IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

how fast is your browser?

Mr Bean

1*how fast is your browser?

from the time you click it to the time the page is up?

2 *log here..how long to get the site up ? and viewing.

1 ~less then 1 second.

2 ~1 second and the Site is fully up on my screen

Not bad I don't think That I can get it faster.

Fire Fox just Lags behind Comet Bird a tic faster.

Mr bean

Extensions

I really like Opera and find it to be the fastest for loading and surfing, I also think IE is fast these days.

But that is not the be all and end all of my browser 'experience'

I need my FireFox extensions (add-ons), without them my browsing experience is very slow or zero because I have to find 'work arounds' for things that my FireFox extensions do automatically or in one or two clicks.

When Opera or IE can do all that FireFox with extensions can do I will look at changing but until then I will just stick with good ol' FireFox :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Actually Firefox and Cometbird are the same browser just different names.

yes thy are almost the same and thy are both very good.

use them both and set for different browsing. and today all browsers are fast

compared to 3 years back,

Mr Bean

IE 9 beta is amazingly fast. I can load it up in uner a second. It even tells me which add-ons are slowing me down. My addons and browser take about 0.4 seconds and the page loads depending on my horrid internet speed. (optimum sucks! :roll:)

how good is it say compared to previous versions?

its been a long time since I have used it .not on my systems (striped of)

the last time I used IE was7.

Mr bean

FireFox is the best one for me and is the only one that remembers all my passwords without a hitch. After I click to launch it, I go to the toilet, then have a shower and after that it's almost loaded (slight exageration). Actually it usually takes about twenty seconds to launch for a start, then after that, about five seconds. I can live with that. I use Opera for reading my offline web-pages and it loads almost instantaneously. I've also given up on Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail and gone back to good old trusty Outlook Express, the only one with decent stationery support.

FireFox is the best one for me and is the only one that remembers all my passwords without a hitch. After I click to launch it, I go to the toilet, then have a shower and after that it's almost loaded (slight exageration). Actually it usually takes about twenty seconds to launch for a start, then after that, about five seconds. I can live with that. I use Opera for reading my offline web-pages and it loads almost instantaneously. I've also given up on Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail and gone back to good old trusty Outlook Express, the only one with decent stationery support.

omg lol!! use speedyfirefox it might help

****://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox

how good is it say compared to previous versions?

its been a long time since I have used it .not on my systems (striped of)

the last time I used IE was7.

Mr bean

Lol IE7 looks like a tape drive and IE9 is like a 10k rpm harddrive. Try it out at: http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/info/downloads/Default.html It looks like they based it all off chrome and made it even faster so I love it. Needs more options though :-|

clashrules

hi welcome,Mmm I have no love for Ms any thing tho, that has nothing to do with browsers.

look I have a peek at it. see if thy have improved there security and and by how much.

I have noted over time many say its fast and safer.

thanks for the link

Mr Bean.

Ted:

Xp ,and fire fox ,or for that matter most browsers,that is so slow.

you need to investigate this,some thing or program is slowing this down,Even on my very ancient Now PC Pentium 4 single core 1 gig memory,And get this windows 7, 2 to 3 seconds and its all up! some times faster.the odd time slower,but round 2 seconds.most times.

even booting is not bad.

tell you what,try Linux ?,Just from a CD ,Nothing Else,and see if this will improve! Speed wise

bet it will. Down load " LINUX MINT" . 10 ~ burn it to a DVD .pop it in let it boot and surf a bit .nothing else.

I have red a few of your posts on this problem, and seem to be happy as things are and not like to change .so you may still feel the same even now

Tho Xp is supposed to be a fast OS? my self would not be happy with speeds like you have it.not these days ! 6 years ago well we put up with it .everything was slow.any how,just talking and not telling you what you should do.

how old is that Box of yours? may be it needs replacing?

even today a good secondhand one ,could be the thing to look at,I have 5 of them and cheep.! 2 here in front of me 5 in the Spare bed room,(hobby)

2 I picked up at the Sunday Market.a while back,3 from newspaper adds.and looking at a other one.tomorrow! $150 .Mostly its the PC box I care about

if the rest is crappy ,trow that away.so long as the box is 100% working.

then beef it up .with spare parts.

I always have round the 3 to 400 dollars in my Pc jar that I save up

$20 a fortnight..Tucked in the bedroom.then if I,spot something,hard drives, screens,memory whatever

grab it.

I am investigating a new Mouse and a key board ! Thy have no cables ,supposed to plug in the back of the Pc that would be good.the cables are the odd time a Pane

Mr Bean

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me,Firefox is the best browser we can get. It is everything IE should be,but isn't. Yes Chrome is cool but it's limited. Firefox is the most customizable browser with the best add in's available.I use it as my primary browser and it works flawlessly on 99% of web sites I visit.

< Link removed > by wozofoz

Advertising links are not allowed, Banning offence.

I use OPERA 11.10 and find for my set up it is the fastest. I have also loaded up Comodo Dragon and it also is fast and works really well.

The new Firefox just did not work well for me and I took it out.

I have XP sp3.

KOR-

• 1 month later...
Guest heeba

yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed

http://www.scanmyspeed.com/

and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .

But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier

Archived