IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD2 beta & windows xp confict in window dragging

Kishi

Hi, I'm winxp sp3 user

Everytime I let SD2 autoload at windows startup, after a few restarts, the box "show windows content while dragging" (windows visual effect) will be unchecked automatically.

I tried turn off load at startup function and everything is fine. This is not happened with SD 1.5 :cry:

:?::?::?:

Software: IObit SmartDefrag v2 Beta 2.0 Free Version

I only installed this IObit software. I just tried to made a clean install, set it load at start up, restart and the "show windows content while dragging" box is unchecked right away :-(

I've experienced this since the last beta version released early last month.

hi Kishi

Doesn't happen by me and I cannot reproduce your result here.

My OS XP sp.3 and application ISD v. 2 beta 2

Are you saying that it is continually happening despite letting Windows choose the settings for the computer?

As enoskype says it sounds more like ASC/System Optimize scan "problem" where the ignore list hasn't been utilized.

Cheers

solbjerg

Software: IObit SmartDefrag v2 Beta 2.0 Free Version

I only installed this IObit software. I just tried to made a clean install, set it load at start up, restart and the "show windows content while dragging" box is unchecked right away :-(

I've experienced this since the last beta version released early last month.

Are you saying that it is continually happening despite letting Windows choose the settings for the computer?

As enoskype says it sounds more like ASC/System Optimize scan "problem" where the ignore list hasn't been utilized.

Cheers

solbjerg

That's right, every time I stick that box, it will be unsticked after 1 or 2 restarts if I set SD2 autoload at windows startup. It will not happen if SD2 doesn't load at startup :neutral:

Another problem is SD2 icon in notification area. While I set it to "Always hide", after restart, sometimes it's set to "Hide when inactive" automatically :shock: I set it again, the problem will occur again continually... I've only experienced this with SD2.

I didn't get these 2 problems with SD 1.5 and I've never used ASC System Optimization.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem in Windows 7

Hi, I'm Windows 7 (SP1) x64 PRO user with SD2 beta 2.0

(first: sorry for my english)

(second: Thanks to Kishi for this post (I though that I had a graphics problem)

I have this dragging problem but....

My checkbox in Windows config is check! but the windows is dragging without content! I have to decheck and check this for windows dragging with content.

I don't have SD2 in Windows startup and I don't have the option of minimize to tray icon. I have had to uninstall this program (I like it but I want the system is OK always) to waiting new beta without this bug or final version.

Thanks all. (Thanks thanks to Kishi)

UPDATE: In my job I have Windows VISTA Business x86 and the problem is the same. SD2 beta 2.0, The checkbox is checked but the windows dragging without content. This PC have SD2 in Windows Startup.

Hi Kishi

Do you mind taking a screenshot of your settings here:

Windows Key+Pause/Break - tab Advanced/performance/settings

By me Windows has chosen all settings as best for the computer.

(by me it is shown in Danish therefore I did not show a screenshot)

Cheers

solbjerg

That's right, every time I stick that box, it will be unsticked after 1 or 2 restarts if I set SD2 autoload at windows startup. It will not happen if SD2 doesn't load at startup :neutral:

Another problem is SD2 icon in notification area. While I set it to "Always hide", after restart, sometimes it's set to "Hide when inactive" automatically :shock: I set it again, the problem will occur again continually... I've only experienced this with SD2.

I didn't get these 2 problems with SD 1.5 and I've never used ASC System Optimization.

Screenshots Dragging problem

Hi Kishi

Do you mind taking a screenshot of your settings here:

Windows Key+Pause/Break - tab Advanced/performance/settings

By me Windows has chosen all settings as best for the computer.

(by me it is shown in Danish therefore I did not show a screenshot)

Cheers

solbjerg

This screenshots are from Windows Vista (Windows 7 x64 home pc is equal). My options are default in both systems. In my home PC SD2 are not active (no tray icon) and the problem is present.

Thanks

Hi forocomic

Ok, seems the settings are like mine. So it wasn't that.

Another idea - are your Themes in services.msc activated?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. have you checked your properties for the screen and clicked on that it has to show the content of the window while dragging?

This screenshots are from Windows Vista (Windows 7 x64 home pc is equal). My options are default in both systems. In my home PC SD2 are not active (no tray icon) and the problem is present.

Thanks

Hi forocomic

Ok, seems the settings are like mine. So it wasn't that.

Another idea - are your Themes in services.msc activated?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. have you checked your properties for the screen and clicked on that it has to show the content of the window while dragging?

Hi solbjerg.

If I change theme of windows (7 and vista) the problem is active.

My PC is configured to "view content while dragging" by default. I installed SD2 and one day I see that the windows dragging without content. I see options of performance but this checkbox is checked! If I decheck and check another time, my windows ok. Dragging without problems! But when I restart 2 or 3 times, the problem return, the windows dragging without content but performance option is OK.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Hi forocomic

You say that you have not had ASC installed - but have you tried PC Optimizing in the Tools in IS360?

Because it really sounds like a System Optimize "problem" that hasn't been placed in the ignore list.

Sorry - but I cannot come up with anything better. :-(

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg.

If I change theme of windows (7 and vista) the problem is active.

My PC is configured to "view content while dragging" by default. I installed SD2 and one day I see that the windows dragging without content. I see options of performance but this checkbox is checked! If I decheck and check another time, my windows ok. Dragging without problems! But when I restart 2 or 3 times, the problem return, the windows dragging without content but performance option is OK.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Hi forocomic

You say that you have not had ASC installed - but have you tried PC Optimizing in the Tools in IS360?

Because it really sounds like a System Optimize "problem" that hasn't been placed in the ignore list.

Sorry - but I cannot come up with anything better. :-(

Cheers

solbjerg

My system is optimized perfectly and I don't need ASC, iS360 and other programs. I say that SD2 (only program installed from iobit) brokes my system and I have had to uninstall this.....today (yesterday I uninstall SD2) my system is OK in 3 restarts I don't have any problem...my windows dragging perfectly....I will install another defrag program.

Thanks.

Hi forocomic

Nevertheless it is certainly curious that a defragmenter can change any program settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

My system is optimized perfectly and I don't need ASC, iS360 and other programs. I say that SD2 (only program installed from iobit) brokes my system and I have had to uninstall this.....today (yesterday I uninstall SD2) my system is OK in 3 restarts I don't have any problem...my windows dragging perfectly....I will install another defrag program.

Thanks.

Hi forocomic

Nevertheless it is certainly curious that a defragmenter can change any program settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, very curious but in my windows 7 x64 and vista x86 in job (very different systems) and kishi Windows XP PC have the same problem with SD2 2.0 beta. Chance?

I'm a expert user of Windows/Linux non a standard PC user. I know about optimizing Windows and programs configurations.

PD: SD2 2.0 beta don't change any configuration of any program, it change visual config of windows. The new skin feature in smart defrag is the problem?, i don't know!

Thanks for all.

Hi forocomic,

Chance? Yes, the possibility of all those 3 units/OSs using similar configuration of the adjustments or whatever.

That is interesting, as I can't repeat that glitch in Win 7 Pro x86, Win 7 SP1 Pro x86, and XP sp3 Pro x86.

Also, I have tried them with both skins.

There must be a common denominator in all the PCs/OSs you mention.

I have noticed though that when moving SD2 Beta 2 window, the content of the window is not seen.

Perhaps, the author of SD2 could explain it and the relevancy of it to an adjustment or to a third party software.

Well, it could be a bug inside of SD2 too.

Cheers.

I have noticed though that when moving SD2 Beta 2 window, the content of the window is not seen.

If you are talking about the block-graph window, I can Not duplicate that problem.

(I Moved and changed size of SD window, about 20 times each, while optimizing 3 drives, to test it)

(tested on computer with 8.GB RAM and 1.GB RAM on Graphics-card)

That may be caused by a slow graphics-card or not enough ram to keep the block-graph updated fast enough.

Beta-2 is a very graphics intensive program, compaired to older versions.

Hi forocomic,

Chance? Yes, the possibility of all those 3 units/OSs using similar configuration of the adjustments or whatever.

That is interesting, as I can't repeat that glitch in Win 7 Pro x86, Win 7 SP1 Pro x86, and XP sp3 Pro x86.

Also, I have tried them with both skins.

There must be a common denominator in all the PCs/OSs you mention.

Perhaps, the author of SD2 could explain it and the relevancy of it to an adjustment or to a third party software.

Well, it could be a bug inside of SD2 too.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

I say that is a chance that 3 person have this problem when they have SD2 beta installed.

This is a one possibility (another software conflict). But the problem is when I install SD2. I don't have SD2 now (2 days) and my system go well. It's possible that the bug is from third software.

Thanks.

(sorry for my english)

If you are talking about the block-graph window, I can Not duplicate that problem.

(I Moved and changed size of SD window, about 20 times each, while optimizing 3 drives, to test it)

(tested on computer with 8.GB RAM and 1.GB RAM on Graphics-card)

That may be caused by a slow graphics-card or not enough ram to keep the block-graph updated fast enough.

Beta-2 is a very graphics intensive program, compaired to older versions.

Hi Toppack's

My system have 4 Gb RAM and I have a Nvidia 8800 GTS with 6,9 score in Windows 7. This bug is for another thing sure or SD2 is a very very very graphics intensice program! ;-)

Thanks

Hi guys,

FYI, I confirm now that there is a glitch concerning SD2 Beta2 with the dragging of windows with content showing.

Unfortunately I have not yet pinpointed the time and condition it occurs, as it is randomly happening. But, when everything works allright (showing content of the windows including SD2 itself), exiting and re-running SD2 causes SD2's own main GUI window not to show the contents when dragging.

Changing the options in Performance Options to back and forth to" Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" or "Adjust for best appearance corrects it again.

In my opinion, it is nothing to do with the graphics card/driver, intensity of the graphics in SD2, and amount of RAM.

This is all valid for Windows 7 SP1 Pro (x86).

Cheers.

Hi guys,

FYI, I confirm now that there is a glitch concerning SD2 Beta2 with the dragging of windows with content showing.

Unfortunately I have not yet pinpointed the time and condition it occurs, as it is randomly happening. But, when everything works allright (showing content of the windows including SD2 itself), exiting and re-running SD2 causes SD2's own main GUI window not to show the contents when dragging.

Changing the options in Performance Options to back and forth to" Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" or "Adjust for best appearance corrects it again.

In my opinion, it is nothing to do with the graphics card/driver, intensity of the graphics in SD2, and amount of RAM.

This is all valid for Windows 7 SP1 Pro (x86).

Cheers.

Thanks Enoskype.

I have the program in my job with Windows Vista Business x86 and I am use the program and I click in a option in General Settings that before I don't checked:

"Enable tooltips in system tray"

And I am using SD2 today, restart PC, shutdown PC and my windows are OK....for now.... hehe (if it is the solution, I don't repair cpus and config pcs in all my life :razz: )

Can you click this option and see if your windows dragging well?

Thanks

I have the same problem in Windows 7 x64. I do not have Smart Defrag 2 starting with Windows but every time I start it manually, "display window contents while dragging" turns itself off for Smart Defrag and also some other applications (seems to be random). However, it's still ticked in the Performance Options dialogue!

Very strange, I hope it's fixed in the next version.

I have the program in my job with Windows Vista Business x86 and I am use the program and I click in a option in General Settings that before I don't checked:

"Enable tooltips in system tray"

And I am using SD2 today, restart PC, shutdown PC and my windows are OK....for now.... hehe (if it is the solution, I don't repair cpus and config pcs in all my life :razz: )

Can you click this option and see if your windows dragging well?

Thanks

Checked that and it's not working for me :sad:

Sometimes "windows dragging" goes off right after I change Auto Defrag from No -> Yes

I thought i was going crazy as i have tested numerous stuff and didn't fix the windows dragging stuff!

But then i was using a new laptop and remembered to test every step i made and then i have discovered that SmartDefrag 2 Beta 2.0 is the one to blame for this annoying issue!

Since i have access to lots of different computers with different settings i can state that SmartDefrag 2 Beta 2.0 is making this!

It doesn't matter if i install it or if i just copy the folder and run it on a new computer, this happens all the time!

I was always using Windows 7 Ultimate or Home Premium, both x32 or x64 and this happens all the time! The annoying stuff is that even if i run SmartDefrag from a folder copied from other computer, defragment the drives and then delete the folder, every time i restart the PC the Windows dragging definition is lost although it's checked!

I even tried running sfc /scannow from the command line, founded errors, fixed them, restarted Windows and the issue remains even without SmartDefrag on the system!

Please help as this is really really annoying!

Archived