IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

It wont start defraggging.

Benr96

I have smart defrag 2 and whenever i open it and click defrag it says beside the drive that its analyzing for about a second then says stopping and the idle.

I have win 7 , hp mini , no windows open while doing it.

Hi Ben

Reason is probably that you are trying to run it on batteries.

Please read Usage of IObit Products

Cheers

solbjerg

I have smart defrag 2 and whenever i open it and click defrag it says beside the drive that its analyzing for about a second then says stopping and the idle.

I have win 7 , hp mini , no windows open while doing it.

• 1 month later...

My Smart Defrag 2 program will not start if my computer is using battery mode. I can see this because the icon is not visible in my notification tray. Does anyone else have this problem? If so is there a solution that allows the Smart Defrag program to start up with windows consistently?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kilgin

It's a setting

Welcome to the forum Kilgin :smile:

This is not a 'problem' this is an Option

Go to: SmartDefrag > Options > Stop defrag while using battery (Recommended)

If it is ticked, SmartDefrag will not work while on battery power. I advise leaving it ticked.

I would guess that defragging will use more battery power, but more importantly, you don't want to run out of battery power and have your Notebook shut down while a defrag is happening.

For helpfull information and tips please see Usage of IObit Products

All the best, woz of oz

This has got to be one of the most common problems encountered.

Why is there Not a warning Message displayed at the time of SD shut-down,

to let users know what is happening.

A simple message would prevent a great deal of Frustration and Mistrust of SD.

Hi Toppack

Isn't there on laptops a warning in the tray area that the power is getting low? Perhaps easy to overlook, so maybe Smart Defrag could monitor it too? (Still have to configure the setting though) :-)

:-) I wonder though if people who doesn't read manuals or checking settings will bother reading pop-ups :-) (Could not resist, sorry!)

I would suggest plugging in the cable at all times where it is possible and don't run a defrag either automaticly, scheduled or manually while on battery.

That way the only risk will be a power failure (cable break, overload or in extreme cases a meltdown)

Cheers

solbjerg

This has got to be one of the most common problems encountered.

Why is there Not a warning Message displayed at the time of SD shut-down,

to let users know what is happening.

A simple message would prevent a great deal of Frustration and Mistrust of SD.

When anyone Installs and tries to run New software and it Just Quits, without a message letting them know what is happening, it's only natural for them to first blame the new software and think there is a problem with it.

A message letting them know why it is not working and what they need to do would fix that.

Archived