IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Chrome Icons

goldenstar

I have just installed ASC 4, it works very well except for a small but annoying problem. The bookmark icons disappear whenever the computer restarts, this did not happen with ASC version 3. The icons can be retrieved by syncing Chrome. Would anyone know if there is a setting in the latest version that should be changed to rectify this annoyance?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.......but I'm having the same headache.

I have a ton of bookmarks, which means a ton of favicons, and it's very frustrating every time I restart my computer all those favicons look exactly the same...........little white blank squares!

Anyways, rather than start a whole new thread to ask the same question, I'm just going to piggyback on yours and hope some super genius comes by with a solution...................ARE YOU LISTENING SUPER GENIUSES?!?

So, are you saying that ASC asks for Chrome to be disabled, before continuing?

Yes. It says to exit chrome or it will skip the scan.

I deleted my "solution" because the icons disappeared again after I restarted the computer.

They used to disappear when I restarted Chrome and my solution seemed to fix that.

Missing all bookmark icons in google chrome browser

I've tried changing settings and Advanced Systemcare 4 still removes all the icons in google Chrome bookmarks.

This is really annoying because I use the bookmark bar without text so each time ASC runs it leaves me with just blank white placeholders instead of the image so I can't tell what they are.

Is there any setting to stop it from doing this?

Please disable All of the utilities except One, by removing the checkmarks on Care window. Try each one separately to determine which one is causing problem.

Then Do Not Use that utility until dertermining the cause.

That way you can continue to use all the Other great utilities.

Fixed

I disabled Shortcut Fix and unchecked and under settings Care>Registry Fix I removed the check next to Shortcuts. I ran the deep scan and the quick scan then rebooted and all the icons were still there.

Great, I knew you could Do It! :grin:

Did it really take Both changes, or do you not know which it was?

I'm guessing it was only 'Registry Fix' >> Shortcuts ?

It's probably seeing those as invalid Registry entries?

Great, I knew you could Do It! :grin:

Did it really take Both changes, or do you not know which it was?

I'm guessing it was only 'Registry Fix' >> Shortcuts ?

It's probably seeing those as invalid Registry entries?

I only did Settings>Registry Fix>Shortcuts

Did Deep Care

Rebooted

All icons are there.

Thx fagmango!

Dear Customer,

Please un-check the item of "Download History" of Google Chrome under Privacy Sweep window and click "Apply" and "OK".

You should also un-check the item of "Download History" of Google Chrome under Automatic Sweep window and click "Apply" and "OK".

Thanks.

YES!!! :mrgreen:

Thank you Cicely!

..............I'm coming over there to give you a big sloppy wet kiss right now!

..............don't try to hide..............ima gonna give you a kiss.......

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!! :-P

............just kidding.........

.............I'm at your back door................

Archived