IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0 is Available!!!

enoskype

http://www.iobit.com/tpl/img/icon/asc_64.jpg Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0 is available.

... http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&d=1292462110

from MajorGeeks (asc5-setup-beta.exe (5.0.0.0) size: 23049 KB) (August 15 2011)

Application File: ASC.exe (4379 KB) Application File version: (0.5.0.45)

....."]http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&d=1292462110

from FreeNew.net (asc5-setup-beta.exe (5.0.0.0) size: 23049 KB) (August 15 2011)

Application File: ASC.exe (4379 KB) Application File version: (0.5.0.45)

What's new

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Improved interface, which is simpler and easier to understand and use.

- Enhanced Quick/Deep Care with 12 powerful clean and optimization functions.

- Improved Turbo Boost (Work and game mode)

- New added Active Boost module for system real-time optimization

- Skins are available for Turbo Boost and Toolbox.

- Cloud technology.

Note:

This is a Beta version and we do not recommend general users downloading it, as it may do harm to your system.

Cheers.

Hi ..

When installing a new version of Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0 Mozilla Firefox

stops the installation and warns of malware.

I'm running very lastest firefox, malwarebytes and avast pro.I scannned files before opening and found no malware!!!!!!

Maybe....

What is cloud doing in a sytem optimizer software?:???:

I was wondering about this too but maybe it has something to do with the Cloud that IMF uses and also if you hover your cursor over the word Cloud it says "You are using the latest database and rules from our servers".

Hi ..

When installing a new version of Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0 Mozilla Firefox

stops the installation and warns of malware.

Which version of Firefox are you using?

Did you try to download ASC-5 from more than One website?

(If not, try another website).

ASC5 has a much nicer visual look than ASC4, plus I like the idea of having cloud on this version. I've posted this to the IObit Facebook pages beforehand.

If I load up the beta 5 will it take out my version 4 or override it?

I don't want to deal with the license being lost on version 4.

Does version beta 5 come up as pro or free for the testers?

Thanks for any information.

KOR-

Hi KOR

The short answer is NO - it will install in it's own folder, - some of your setting from version 4 will be the same in 5 but it is better to check the settings before doing anything - like always :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

If I load up the beta 5 will it take out my version 4 or override it?

I don't want to deal with the license being lost on version 4.

Does version beta 5 come up as pro or free for the testers?

Thanks for any information.

KOR-

I went ahead installing, and got a notice that some file was not found or something like that so that it could not install. It gave an option to bypass that missing file but it was not recommended. I did NOT install. I then saw a notice from my security ESET 5RC. The notice:8/16/2011 10:25:45 AM probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus

I submitted the file to ESET and explained it was IObit software and would not contain a virus.

Just wanted to let the techs know that ESET was flagging the beta.

KOR-

Ok, thanks KOR

Probably still old WOT ratings playing a role in some af the antivirus settings. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I went ahead installing, and got a notice that some file was not found or something like that so that it could not install. It gave an option to bypass that missing file but it was not recommended. I did NOT install. I then saw a notice from my security ESET 5RC. The notice:8/16/2011 10:25:45 AM probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus

I submitted the file to ESET and explained it was IObit software and would not contain a virus.

Just wanted to let the techs know that ESET was flagging the beta.

KOR-

Download Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0

Posted by Ramakanth 0 Comment

Iobit has released the first beta of Advanced SystemCare 5 , a PC security, maintenance and optimisation suite. Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0 is now available for download, the new version brings several new features and few improvements in the user interface.

http://cdn.techno360.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Advanced-SystemCare-5.png

The major improvement in the Advanced SystemCare 5 suite is addition of Active Boost which optimises application's RAM and CPU use in real time. According to Iobit Active Boost is a default module that runs in the background and automatically improves PC performance by intelligently managing system resource, constantly detects inactive programs and processes and optimizes CPU as well as RAM.

Also Quick and Deep Care is enhanced while the Turbo Boost can recover more system resources than ever and Advanced SystemCare uses new cloud technology to quickly detect and prevent new malware threats.

http://cdn.techno360.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Advanced-SystemCare-5-Active-boost.png

What’s new in Advanced SystemCare 5 ?

Improved interface, which is simpler and easier to understand and use.

Enhanced Quick/Deep Care with 12 powerful clean and optimization functions.

Improved Turbo Boost (Work and game mode)

New added Active Boost module for system real-time optimization

Skins are available for Turbo Boost and Toolbox.

Cloud technology.

Advanced SystemCare Free is a comprehensive PC care utility that takes an one-click approach to help protect, repair and optimize your computer. Advanced SystemCare 5 (beta 1.0) is a very useful system tweak application and this is the last beta before final release.

Download : Advanced Systemcare 5 Beta 1.0

http://download.freenew.net/beta/asc5-setup-beta.exe

Note : If above direct link doesn't work, download the beta from Iobit's official mirror MajorGeeks.

http://www.techno360.in/advanced-systemcare-5/

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

Advanced SystemCare 5 Beta 1.0

I tested this version in a virtual machine and I`m impressed :grin:

I like the interface, scanning speed is faster and at the toolbox, classic mode is great (you can see al tools)

I noticed that registry defrag need reboot "fix on next reboot"

but after a deep care it said "PC health good, recommendation - quick care"

it`s not enough a deep scan?

Can anyone convince me that Autocare really works ?

Inserting Unicode control character (ZWNJ Zero width non-joiner, PDF Pop directional formatting, etc.)

Hi all,

It is time for now that someone should tell us the functions of right click menu in ActiveBoost in the settings. :shock:

solbjerg?

zwsp (zero width space), Alt+8203 U+200B

zero width non joiner Alt+8204 U+200C

zero width joiner Alt+8205 U+200D

I'll look into the issue!!

In fx. Thai a*sentence*is*often*written*without*any*space*between*the*words

In this example I have placed a zero with non-joiner between the words in the sentence. This use of non-joiners is often important in some languages fx. also Arabic. When saved in this thread it apparently insert a * instead, probably have something to do with the choice of font.

James Joyce used it in Ulysses too in one of the chapters - writing all the words together.

• Typos throughout program that I have been reporting since the first 4 beta
  • Persistent service when no autocare or r/t boost enabled
  • Dangerous tasks still in daily and deep that aren't visible in settings
  • No descriptions in settings still
  • Enables system restore on install with no opt-out
  • Transparent engine's 'optimizations' actually create more cpu threads and overhead in some cases, and break dependencies in most cases.
  • Overall design isn't catered to end-users. Potentially harmful elements out of the box still, in options without descriptions, instead of toolbox where they should be

Autoboost looks like it monitors and kills generic processes and purges RAM..

my 5 report

According to Iobit Active Boost is a default module that runs in the background and automatically improves PC performance by intelligently managing system resource, constantly detects inactive programs and processes and optimizes CPU as well as RAM.

:?:

Can anyone explain, in more detail, what the 'Active-boost' mode Changes?

Is it really just a RAM monitor & cleaner, similar to the Smart-ram utility?

If that is true and there is plenty of physical RAM in your computer,

then there is really No need for 'Active-boost' to be running in background, correct?

(Only needed if computer does Not have enough RAM ?)

Thanks,

Archived