IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Strange issues after installing ASC 4

Angelworks

I admit - I don't use this tool, but I have an end user who has installed ASC 4 onto his work computer - this is the second time he has done this.

The first time it essentially made it so that every single application required Administrator elevation - even after uninstalling ASC 4 the problems persisted until we *re-imaged* the whole machine.

This time - we're probably going to re-image the PC again, but I thought I'd ask in the support forums... Any way to get this machine back to normal? We've uninstalled ASC 4, their group/username is in local Administrators, but he gets errors like this: "This process requires elevation" when trying to run "systempropertiesremote.exe".

This is Windows 7 Enterprise on a Dell Optiplex 780 - nothing fancy about the install or the image itself. Most users here where I work don't have local admin privileges, but he is a developer and requires it.

Does this user log-in as a Domain-user, not a normal user?

Windows will not allow many system-level utility programs to make system changes,

if user is a Domain-user and requires an Admin log-in to run the programs.

That is a feature of Windows that allows only Authorized users, on the network, to make changes to that computer.

Strictly in my opinion: ASC should only do cleaning in daily and deep care. 99% of support cases on this forum are the results of things like class and library registry keys being altered because of poor cross-referencing, and things like MBR corruption through transparent use of system utilities..these are all enabled out of the box..more seasoned solutions learned not to do this, and as a result are some of the most regarded utilities in reviews and retail..

This is likely the result of 'uac optimizations' in the registry...

Strictly in my opinion: ASC should only do cleaning in daily and deep care. 99% of support cases on this forum are the results of things like class and library registry keys being altered because of poor cross-referencing, and things like MBR corruption through transparent use of system utilities..these are all enabled out of the box..more seasoned solutions learned not to do this, and as a result are some of the most regarded utilities in reviews and retail..

This is likely the result of 'uac optimizations' in the registry...

I thought the UAC was just a User-Notification process,

that allowed the user to set the level of the amount the system could be changed, by other software, before letting the user know, with a warning message.

Does UAC do more than that?

Hi Angelworks,

Please try the rescue of ASC.

Open ASC 4>> click the button "Rescue" button>>choose one restore point (note: please select it according to the date, please select a point which is before the problem occured)>>click "undo"button

Please let us know whether it works, then please send the Log folder and Back up folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v4\

Archived