IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Passive defense and Explorer cookies

Harrysmiith

Hi Harrysmith

In passive defence you have protection against 218 items in IE cookie protection you click select all then click apply and then you check all other settings too in the same way.

All shown items are what the passive defence defends against (blocks) if selected.

Cheers

solbjerg

If I run deep care - passive defense shows 218 problems. These are all ie cookkies. If I fix and then return later they are all unticked again.

Clearly something else is overriding this but what ? any ideas ?

Thanks solbjerg. my problem is not fixing passive defense but keeping it fixed.

when I fix /apply it stays fine for a few hours - even a day or so and then all of the ie cookies become unfixed.

It must be some other program - like c leaner - that is overriding. Just haven't found out yet

what is unckecking the ie cookie protection.

Hi Harrysmith

Have you checked that you do not have these items in your ignore list.

i.e.placed in the right-side box?

Cheers

solbjerg

No

Passive defense is holding for now. I have identified a number of programs which do NOT cause it to fail. The culprit will eventaully reveal itself.

Thanks

I had a number of cookies on the right hand side. I have now removed them. Before I did this I ran Deep Care passive defense and foun 210 IE cookies not checked . All not checked.

I foolishly hoped that if I paid for the pro version this problem would be solved. Unfortunately not. I keep fixing and it keeps unchecking the ie cookies - sometimes all of them, othertimes 6 remain checked and the rest unchecked.

Hi Harry

If this doesn't work I think a total uninstall followed by a Clean Install should be tried. :-)

Links in my signature on how to do a clean Install.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Cicely

I have turned off all iobit protection ( start up gauard ...etc) turned off windows firewall and fixed the 218 passive defense ie unchecked.

will see what happens next. sometimes they stay fixed for hours, sometimes just minutes.

If I run deep care - passive defense shows 218 problems. These are all ie cookkies. If I fix and then return later they are all unticked again.

Clearly something else is overriding this but what ? any ideas ?

Get into the history of the browser and clear all the cookies. You can also get the cleanclear to delete the unwanted files removed. Think will work fine once this is done.

have now done a clean install. will see what happens.

well it worked for 24 hours and then failed - 218 problems. I think I'll just give up at this point. I don't use IE all that much and cookies are not all that important. Just irritating not being able to find out what is causing this problem. Thanks for all the suggestions.

• 1 month later...

solved

Having spent several months trying to find a solution to this problem it appears to have suddenly ceased. It may be a co-incidence that i Have just re-installed advanced system care and Iobit Malware fighter - both paid for versions but so far no problem. I did install

SpywareBlaster as a test and 200 + cookies kept getting unprotected just as with advanced system care.

Sorry

Sorry Cicely - I wrote too soon. The problem came back - both with Advance System care and with SpywareBlaster 4.4

But at least this time I realize what change I had just made. I had made IE 8 the default. latest theory is that this upsets Firefox 7.0.1 as so for both Advance System care and Spywareblaster it partially disables IE cookie protection. Who says that programs are dumb ?

will leave Firefox as default for a week and then change back to IE and see if the same thing happens.

Me to on asc5

Ive got this on ASC5,

i know id selected all to be checked before when i first ran it

so thought id have a look again and have 218 unchecked again

Roy

solved

i build up my own white list in ff by using the ASK every time option.

every now and again i update and clear allowed/blocked items. The items i removed were the 218 unchecked

Archived