IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC4 - A fatal application

Morten

I really had hopeful expectations when I finally decided to buy this app., considering all the fine reviews!

Until now however, I've had only troubles:

1. OS taking tremendous long time to boot up - more time than ever, even though executing "Start up Manager"!

2. Several programs ruined - among this a scanner that wont scan anymore, etc.! Can't even reinstall the software!

3. A ruined Firefox browser caused by the so called "Internet Booster"!

The ruined programs are properly caused by the Deep Scan Registry Cleaner. The destroyed programs are bad needed but not often used, so the "Rescue" opportunity has been too late to execute in practice!

One is warned by Iobit not to "..excessively clean your registry" but to "right click to view additional options". But who would expect an average user to go through 231 "invalid" registries in order to determinate whether each and every "invalid" register is relevant or not!

Until I bought ASC4, I used CCleaner with great success - I now find myself forced to implement an old system backup from before I installed ASC4..!

The only actual success I've had from Iobit is from their free Game Booster - anything else has been a complete disaster!

Hi Morten,

We are sorry for the trouble, please kindly provide more details about the problems so that we can further look into it.

1.Please let us know what programs has been ruined and please send us the Log and Backup folder to us.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v4

2.About the issue of FireFox, pelase find and send us the prefs.js, user.js, Custom_prefs.bk, user.bk though the way below.

Please press Win+R >>copy and paste" %appdata%\Mozilla" in the bar>>Open "Firefox">>Open "Profiles">>Find and open the folder with extension ".default"

Hi Morten,

We are sorry for the trouble, please kindly provide more details about the problems so that we can further look into it.

1.Please let us know what programs has been ruined and please send us the Log and Backup folder to us.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v4

2.About the issue of FireFox, pelase find and send us the prefs.js, user.js, Custom_prefs.bk, user.bk though the way below.

Please press Win+R >>copy and paste" %appdata%\Mozilla" in the bar>>Open "Firefox">>Open "Profiles">>Find and open the folder with extension ".default"

Hi Cicely

Thanks for your serious concern and your precise guidance above. I'll mail you the requested information with attachments as soon as possible.

As I'm not particularly keen about implementing an old harddisk image if not strictly necessary, I should hope that you would be able to clear out this mess.

Morten

Similar experiences

I lost acces to my printer/scanner as well but didn't consider ASC 4 Pro as the cause; also have experienced positive results with CCleaner....I use ASC4 Pro on three computers and have issues with all of them with the deep care function not completely removing registry errors that the registry cleaner under toolbox identifies. Other options such as privacy sweep and junk files often have similar results. Check it out a see if you experience the same thing by running the toolbox registry cleaner immediately after the deep care selection.

about the printer/scanner issue

Hi everyone,

Turbo Boost works by temporarily closing the unnecessary processes and services on your computer so that more physical memory and resources can be allocated to your work. Hence, it is necessary for you to configure your Turbo Boost before running it to keep the processes and services you need.

To configure your Turbo Boost:

Click "Turbo Boost" icon>> Click "configure turbo boost" >> uncheck items "disable printer support" and "Disable Scanner and DC support">> Click "next" to finish the settings of your own turbo boost.

Let us know the results after configuring the turbo boost.

Feel free to let us know if there is any further question.

Thank you for supporting IObit!

Sorry folks, but I chose instead to restore a 2 month old image backup of my harddisk, that is before I installed ASC.

- Things went more and more bad - programs starting up extremely slowly or not starting up at all, etc.

Now everything is back to normal again! :smile:

I think I'll go ahead with GameBooster but leave out ASC - at least for a while until things has become more mature..

Settings are the same

It depends on which 'Settings' you have activated in the different utilities.

Always check the Settings before running Any utility.

Try it yourself more than once, tech support confirmed validity; said it was "a timing issue"!

Try it yourself more than once, tech support confirmed validity; said it was "a timing issue"!

"Timing Issue" ??? :shock:

Did you determine which utility is Causing the problem ?

If so, how is there a Timing problem with it?

I have run ASC-5 'Registry fix and Defrag', with all options actvated, and No problems, on 4 W-7 64bit computers so far.

So, it must not be those utilities.

I don't think I ever tried the Deep-clean option in Registry-fix when I was using ASC-4 though.

I was Afraid to, until ASC-5 was released. :wink: :lol:

registry cleaners only show what MAY be the problem, you should check all entries and only delete those that apply to programs you have uninstalled, it is only a guide to save you the task of regedit and its millions of contents, try disabling deep scan and go from there

Archived