IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Optimization (What's Being Tweaked?)

Bad213Boy

Why did you stop showing what values were being changed? I can tell you that most advance users are not going to use your program if they don't know exactly what is being changed. I don't know who's decision it was to do this, but it was the dumbest idea ever.

All those other tweaking tools out there get the boot because i don't know what changes they are making. There are tons of tools out there that claim to be system optimizing, but how do I know that?

Proof is what people want. They want to know the truth in what is being optimized. The older versions of ASC told you exactly what was being tweaked and why. This was a bad decision. I wont be using ASC Optimization until I know exactly what is being changed on my computer.

I had the same worries, so I learned what most of them do by running the individual programs, in the ASC folder, using File-manager to run them.

That way nothing gets changed until you click the Go button.

The ones I'm Not sure about, after checking all the settings, I Don't run.

You can do that? Huh, I'll have to try that. But ya man. You really need to include that in the final version. That's big. I did it once and noticed ALL but 2 of my Start Menu Headings were disabled. As soon as I saw that I immediately restored it because I was worried about what else it changed.

Those really are not performance tweaks man. Especially on Windows 7 with Aero running. Disabling Start Menu titles should not be used as a tweak.

If you really want to know how to tweak settings, check these tools:

Auslogics BoostSpeed

EnhanceMySe7en

Windows 7 Manager

Simple Performance Boost

Sunrise Seven

These tools are essential to Windows 7 Power Users because they allow us to turn settings on or off. They also tell exactly what its doing and what it can do.

Another great little tool I found and that really hard to find now days is TweakIE9. There's a setting that annoying notification after downloading where it asks you whether you want to run it or not.

"Notifiy me when a download has completed"

Remember in older IE's you could click on that download window and check the box to close after download has completed, well 99% of all tools miss this tweak. And it is extremely annoying when using IE now.

I've been a computer guru since I was 6 yrs old. I don't write programs but I do surf the net for all kinds of utilities and tools to make browsing easier.

I can tell you that ASC is a little bit better than CCleaner in fixing the registry, which is really the only reason why I use ASC. I can't tell you how many tools out there try to do too much and delete too much. Your program is really perfect in that area. I've never had an issue running it.

But the other stuff, not too strong. The whole maleware thing is really stupid IMO. 99% of all people already have anti-virus programs or will be recommended free solutions like Malwarebytes or SuperAnitSpyware. If you are not going to invest 100% in an anti-virus stuff, you're really wasting your time. Time that could be used in making ASC better. I mean seriously? The Maleware tool is really bad. You guys don't update enough for it to be effective enough. You need instant updates like Antivirus programs have. All the major players players in that have daily updates. If it just checks Tracking Cookies, then why not just say that instead of something misleading as Malware Removal?

The Quick Care and Deep Care Options like Registry Fix, Privacy Sweep, and Junk Files Clean should all be under one heading, not separate. I find it annoying that I have to set the settings all over again for another sub-category when it can just be the same. Maybe even have something the check mark asking to keep the same as Quick Clean or Deep Clean.

The short-cut fixer is BAD. I don't use it because I've found that some programs that I didn't use for a long time didn't work when I needed them. It's happened to quite a few. Now I haven't used it since ASC 4, so maybe you've fixed it since then, but think about it. Most people have probably had bad effects for using that and probably wont take the chance of using it again. It's a what if thing that most people would rather choose to not fix. I use that "if it aint broke, dont fix it mentality".

I remember back in the day I recommended that you guys work on internet tweaks. I suggested you take a look at TCP Optimizer from SpeedGuide. I thought in your older versions you included some actual internet tweaks, not just tweaks for Firefox like you have now. I know you'll find most people saying that Windows 7 is already tweak to max effeciency, but that's really not true. There are some things that can be tweaked. I urge you guys look at TCP Optimzier.

One thing you finally brought back that I've always loved was the Auto Shutdown. I was so bummed when you guys removed it. Kuddos on that.

Archived