IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Search Engine Disabled

alanlupinetti

After upgrading to Pro got the error message windows search engine disabled from Microsoft Outlook (not a problem with free version). Also search programs and files (on menu bar) no longer works for my files. Contacted the 877 number (in India no help) asked the simple question help me turn back on the search engine never addresssed the issue. Proceeded to tell me that there was a need to spend $170 for them to fix (it has worked great from the day I bought it). Very dissappointed

Hi alanlupinetti!

Welcome to Iobit forum!

Use the Rescue function of ASC pro located at the top right of the main ASC GUI to restore your system to just before you encountered the problem. Then use the ignore list to make sure ASC does not repeat the disabling of your search functions again.

See attached screenshots!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Excellent Idea Buddahfan has in the next post!! Turbo Boost may have disabled your search function to speed up your machine!!

Welcome to Iobit forum!

Use the Rescue function of ASC pro located at the top right of the main ASC GUI to restore your system to just before you encountered the problem. Then use the ignore list to make sure ASC does not repeat the disabling of your search functions again.

See attached screenshots!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Excellent Idea Buddahfan has in the next post!! Turbo Boost may have disabled your search function to speed up your machine!!

That fixed the problem with outlook. The other problem still exists. The search programs and files no longer finds my files, any thoughts?

Hi alanlupinetti,

We are sorry to hear that you you encounter troubles with Advanced systemCare. Please kindly help us look into this issue.

1) Please describe what operations you have done before the issue occurred.

2) Please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Thanks in advance!

Hi alanlupinetti,

We are sorry to hear that you you encounter troubles with Advanced systemCare. Please kindly help us look into this issue.

1) Please describe what operations you have done before the issue occurred.

2) Please send the Log folder and Backup folder to us so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Thanks in advance!

Ran the program today and the search issue has cleared up.

That fixed the problem with outlook. The other problem still exists. The search programs and files no longer finds my files, any thoughts?

You can check to see if Windows Indexing is running. It may have been turned off.

I don't use it. I would rather be a bit organized and rely on my memory than the computer's memory. I have a lot more unused memory available:mrgreen::mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Hi darrenfoster, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

After Scan of Deep Care, click on Show details link of System Optimization on the left and, right-click on the relevant item (search indexing : Optimize WSearch service to increase performance) in the opened Details:System Optimization window, and choose Ignore this problem.

Close the window and click Repair button in ASC5 Deep Care.

Also, please check the other optimization items there and do the same thing if you don't want ASC5 to optimize those too.

Cheers.

no link

Many thanks, enoSkype - very clear and helpful. However, when I ran Deep Scan I found no 'show details' link for System Optimization. I'll try again after the computer has been in use for a while (I had just scanned previous to your message).

http://mainefolks.com/system_opt.jpg

Ok darrenfoster, you should have done it after you have used Rescue to revert to Windows original.

I believe it is already turned off by previous Repair when scaned by ASC5 as shown in your screenshot.

Please examine the Details of all other sections too after a Scan when done after rescuing to Windows default. You may encounter other changes or optimizations that you don't want to be changed by ASC5.

Cheers.

Hi darrenfoster,

As enoskype said, please use the rescue function of ASC to let the Windows Search works normally again.:-)

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

Then click on "Show details" and find the service in the red box of the attached picture, then right click it to select the item "Ignore this problem". (Please see the attached picture snap1.jpg);-)

Archived