IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC has broke my OS.

8Hundred

I updated to ASC 5 just now.

Did a Deep clean like it asked.

I restarted to do the Diskcheck and Registry Defrag.

It completed them fine.

Comp Restarts, Its slow, Programs wont Execute when i click them, including ASC, System restore wont open up.

Only explorer that works is this one (IE).

Explanation please?

Hi 8 Hundred!

Welcome to Iobit Forum!

You are posting from a different computer now while waiting for the other to shut down?

So the machine is up and running... but no commands you give through your windows work properly?

Do you mean Microsoft Internet Explorer... there is no other Explorer that would help you get access to the Internet by that name.

Do you mean that your other internet browsers... (google chrome, mozilla firefox... opera, etc.) they don't work. So the only browser you have left that will work is IE (Explorer) on the machine that you are waiting on? (to shut down)

VERY IMPORTANT! If that machine does manage to shut down and restart... don't make any further changes to it until your Windows is fully loaded.

Let us know when and if that happens!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thanks for the swift reply.

Currently posting from my laptop.

Yes, Microsoft Internet explorer.

I only ever have IE and chrome on my PC's and chrome does not work now, it just asks me to kill the pages it wants to load, IE however works fine, however i dont like using it as it has compatibility issues. (Will try firefox etc).

Waited 13 minutes, PC finally Restarted, but, ASC wont start UNLESS (Just found this out), i right click it in tray>Actions>Toolbox, i tried to do a rescue, it said it had done it instantly which seems ridonkulous to me, however i restarted to see if that would change it.. *Waits 12 minutes*...*Waits a further 4 minutes for OS to fully load up*... Nope, it hasnt changed anything. hehe

It is strange and i imagine ASC has swapped some Registry files somewhere that cause these programs to just not work, in which case its looking like a windows repair, which i would prefer not to do.

Sorry for your troubles 8Hundred!

If you had just upgraded to ASC 5 and ran... I suspect you had a bad install over the top of ASC 4.

Do you want my fast and not so sure recommendations, or my sure but lots of work recommendations?

-Mel

P.S. Still thinking... have to give you someting to think about... HA!

If the sure recommendation involves installing windows again, then no :P

Otherwise its fine. ^.^

Also.. Update.. After trying to load system restore several times through different sources i have currently two system restore loading windows. (lol) with the prompts "Please wait while system restore starts. It might take up to a few minutes"... Oh i love Microsoft accurate measurements of time.

So yes, since this is microsoft, you have plenty of time to think! xD

As I'm not sure what a complete removal of ASC would do to your system right now... I recommend you use the System Restore function of your Windows to just before you upgraded to ASC 5.

As little time has passed... this is a low risk and fast way to insure that the system settings are put back like they were.

After you have performed the restore function... use ccleaner to remove the junk from your system... you can find it here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download the free one will do fine. Run it and make sure notto click any of the Advanced functions... but you can click all the others.

Then a clean install of ASC 5... Follow these gudelines... http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220 and here is another way http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10

After you do the clean install, re-boot and see how long that takes before you do anything else.

-Mel

Hi 8Hundred,

We are sorry to hear that you encounter troubles, please help us look into it.

In the first post, you said you did the Diskcheck and Registry Defrag. But there is not a tool called Diskcheck in the Toolbox, please help us check the specific name of this tool so that we can look into this issue.:grin:

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey guys.

Yeah, sorry Melvin, System Restore is a no-go, i have nothing to restore too.

And as for the check program, i cant remember the name if it wasnt that (Maybe Scandisk? Checkdisk?). the only thing i remember is it was 1 of 2 programs that wanted to restart my OS to fix the errors, it did this in a Command prompt stylee.

And it was after i did a Deep Clean, as i cant get INTO ASC properly, i cant tell you accurately. >.<

Cicely is correct... the old CHK Disk DOS function is gone from ASC5. Boot time Defrag is a component of Iobit SmartDefrag and it displays a DOS window (black and white scolling text)

-Mel

So this does seem like a corruption issue between the old ASC 4 and ASC 5 ?

I am convinced that this is the result of a bad install... but am not sure how to go about fixing it without further damage to the system... let me and the others here think about this for awhile...

The wrong move could lead to a re-load windows situation (re-format)

Give some of the others here some time to see this post and respond... most are asleep right now.

You already have an Iobit Support member looking at this.

Leave the machine booted... no further changes... until others post!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Okay so the problem is not your processor :) Have you unchecked the option to create logs? If not, it may help the support team if you include it in this forum. They will be found in ASC5 > More > Settings > Logs & Backup. Any changes that were made to your system in the deep scan will be included in that.

Archived