IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What's the differences between 'Defrag Computer and 'Smart?

WITHOUT ANSWER?

Smart Defrag Team,

Why anybody answer this topic? It seems this isn't auspicous to the Forum. There are beginners users that need more info. And all us would win knowledge. Unfortunately I have seen this posture several times.

It's good think about.

:roll:

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

What's the differences between 'Defrag Computer' and 'Smart Defrag' in the Manual Defragmention-menu?

I might be wrong, but I understand it this way:

'Smart Defrag' – only most used files are defragmented

'Defrag Computer' – whole disk is getting thoroughly defragmented

I emailed Newton to ask him the differences. Here is his answer:

"in the old versions, SmartDefrag acts as analyzing firstly,and smartly to decide how to defrag.But we find that SmartDefrag doesn't work as we expect,so we cancel this function,now it is defrag ,only defrag the volume user select,and Defrag computer acts as defraging all volumes in user's computer..... "

Thanks for the answer Newton.

samr.

Did he answer on the Optimize feature too?

I've confirmed that it's only present when selecting your harddrives one by one, and soon the 'Defrag' option - as mentioned in my previous post.

Also a second report.. : When you defrag a secondary harddrive - say D: - the only thing reported after a defrag is that "Defrag on C Drive has finished" (or something similiar in the small window displayed), but not anything else (+ nothing else in the list of files defragmented either). This message could (/should) be changed to something like: "Defragmention of your harddrives has finished".

The optimize function can optimize mft Zone,directory files,free space and so on...

optimize mft zone can speed up the fetch of files,the same as directory files.

And optimizing freespace can make the coming probability of fragmented files least in your subsequently file operations.

And i strongly suggest you to use the autodefrag function.

• 2 years later...

Hi raven

Concerning the defrag report

I do not quite understand, do you mean that when you run both C: and D:

that only C: is shown in the report?

By me too - provided that it is under the tab C: that I look, - if I look under tab D: it shows the report from D: by me.

Also if I mark C: in the window and click the report button - It will show me the defrag report for C:

If I mark D: in the window and click the report button - It will show me the report for D:

If it works differently by you please then find out why?

The program is not configured to show two reports in the same window at the same time I guess. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Did he answer on the Optimize feature too?

I've confirmed that it's only present when selecting your harddrives one by one, and soon the 'Defrag' option - as mentioned in my previous post.

Also a second report.. : When you defrag a secondary harddrive - say D: - the only thing reported after a defrag is that "Defrag on C Drive has finished" (or something similiar in the small window displayed), but not anything else (+ nothing else in the list of files defragmented either). This message could (/should) be changed to something like: "Defragmention of your harddrives has finished".

Archived