IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PolicePro picked up by Iobit Malware Fighter

Hi edat362007,

Sorry for the inconvenience, it's a false positive, we will fix it in next update.;-)

It was no inconvenience at all Cicely. It gave me a great opportunity to see what a good product IObit offers and work with some great people. :smile: Thank you for your response and look forward to keeping IObit with me.

Hi Edat!

@edat362007,

When found by IMF, you can put mms.cfg into Ignore List by right clicking on it until IObit corrects the false positive status of it. When done, you can delete it from the Ignore List.

@Mel,

I think we should let Superdave decide what to do with C:\sh4ldr folder/file.

Cheers.

Enoskype is correct! It was inappropriate for me to advise you in this way as I am not fully trained like Superdave!

If you have not already deleted the file, please wait for Dave's advisement!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Enoskype

@edat362007,

When found by IMF, you can put mms.cfg into Ignore List by right clicking on it until IObit corrects the false positive status of it. When done, you can delete it from the Ignore List.

@Mel,

I think we should let Superdave decide what to do with C:\sh4ldr folder/file.

Cheers.

The Ignore List was what I was thinking for the time being. Thank you sir. My bad, again Mel for not asking exactly what I was thinking.

Enoskype is correct! It was inappropriate for me to advise you in this way as I am not fully trained like Superdave!

If you have not already deleted the file, please wait for Dave's advisement!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

That bad boy is gone like a leaf blowing in the wind. I'm sure SuperDave will concur with deleting it since he only asked it about it that one time. Worst case is that I'll have to use the Undelete tool in ASC 5. I just thought I would ask about it. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. ;-)

John

Please do not delete that C:\sh4ldr folder. It contains a MBR file.

Now we can do some cleanup.

To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/digistar/Combofix_uninstall_image.jpg

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.

* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.

* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Looking over your log it seems you don't have any evidence of a third party firewall.

Firewalls protect against hackers and malicious intruders. You need to download a free firewall from one of these reliable vendors.

Remember only install ONE firewall

1) Comodo Personal Firewall (Uncheck during installation "Install Comodo SafeSurf..", Make Comodo my default search provider" and "Make Comodo Search my homepage" and uncheck any HopSurf and/or Ask.com options if you choose this one)

2) Online Armor

3) Agnitum Outpost

4) PC Tools Firewall Plus

If you are using the built-in Windows XP firewall, it is not recommended as it does not block outgoing connections. This means that any malware on your computer is free to "phone home" for more instructions. Simply put, Windows XP contains a mediocre firewall. This firewall is NO replacement for a dedicated software solution. Remember to use only one firewall at the same time.

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.

* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.

Safe Surfing!

Archived