IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SWTOR doesn't run correctly

Try to max the ingame settings out.

For some reason having them on low makes it run slower, I suspect that it gets more CPU than GPU bound with the settings turned down.

We turned everything to max on a friends i5 2400 + GTX260, and he got double the fps out of it (40-80 @ 1680x1050).

I think your system should be able to kick up to something alike, although, Im not to sure about that ATI card, the 5450 numbering on it sounds low to me, defintly not a good gaming card.

Your running the game at 1920x1080 too, you need something stronger to archive playable fps in SWTOR for that resolution.

You could try diminishing the screen resolution as a test to Violator's suggestion concerning the card and see if the hang lessens. I have been noticing that the minimum requirements that "The Old Republic" lists are not sufficient. (Another Lucas goof!). My nephew is having difficulty with it using a quad-core processor (I forget the speed exactly but it was in excess of 3.2 mhhz) and a newer ATI video card with 4x the cache of the min. requirements! On an 8 Gig RAM machine.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I have found that, while in the character select screen, I set the graphics to high settings then log into the game and reset the graphics to low it clears up alot of issues I was having.

Hopefully they will get the bugs out someday soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being MIA. Still have not been able to play. The graphics card seems to just be insufficient no matter how recent the driver has been updated. I'm looking into a new graphics card.

My power supply says it can only do 460W max for the total system. I have been looking at a graphics card that would require 450W. I'm not sure if there would be sufficient power.

This has turned out to be way more complicated than expected. lol.

Yes, I've found that a Good graphics-card to be more important than a muti-core CPU (more than 2 cores) or a lot of RAM (more than 4.GB).

Since software developed now do not use more than that.

The card needs to have DirectX-11 capability,

but the Motherboard BIOS needs to be able to handle DirectX-11 also.

Archived