IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

won't clean recycle bin

patric627

having trouble with acs 5 free edition

running it on my xp machine (also on a vista, and no problems there)

will not clean recycle bin in any way at all.

have the recycle bin box checked in settings>junk files cleaner in both quick care and deep care...

have the recycle bin box checked in toolbox>privacy sweeper>options

in all cases, running quick care, deep care, or directly scanning/cleaning thru toolbox, the recycle bin is untouched. furthermore, when doing the scans, despite the presence of items in recycle bin, both care scans report "no problem" when cleaning. i.e. it does't even see the recycle bin has stuff in it.

even worse, when right clicking on recycle bin itself, and even going so far as to use the shredder function, the program says it's permanently erasing the contents, and says it's completed, yet it leaves it all in there, untouched.

kind of makes one wonder if the program is really doing everything else it says it is when it can't clean the most basic/easily accessible/commonly emptied location!

tried uninstalling/re-installing. no change.

anyone else having this problem? is it a known bug?

any help is much appreciated.

Hi patric

Have you tried to toggle the recycle bin setting?

The reinstalling - was that a clean install?

Cheers

solbjerg

having trouble with acs 5 free edition

running it on my xp machine (also on a vista, and no problems there)

will not clean recycle bin in any way at all.

have the recycle bin box checked in settings>junk files cleaner in both quick care and deep care...

have the recycle bin box checked in toolbox>privacy sweeper>options

in all cases, running quick care, deep care, or directly scanning/cleaning thru toolbox, the recycle bin is untouched. furthermore, when doing the scans, despite the presence of items in recycle bin, both care scans report "no problem" when cleaning. i.e. it does't even see the recycle bin has stuff in it.

even worse, when right clicking on recycle bin itself, and even going so far as to use the shredder function, the program says it's permanently erasing the contents, and says it's completed, yet it leaves it all in there, untouched.

kind of makes one wonder if the program is really doing everything else it says it is when it can't clean the most basic/easily accessible/commonly emptied location!

tried uninstalling/re-installing. no change.

anyone else having this problem? is it a known bug?

any help is much appreciated.

You can try repairing Recycle bin following the procedure below for XP.

• Restart your computer.
  • At the Windows startup screen, press the F8 key.
  • Several options will appear on your screen.
  • Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
  • Your screen should now show a command prompt, or C:\
  • If you see something else, you may be in the Windows directory.
  • Type the command CD\ and press Enter.
  • This should bring you to C:\
  • Type attrib --s --h recycler and press Enter.
  • This command tells Windows to give you access to the protected file.
  • Type the command del recycler and press Enter.
  • This entry will delete your corrupt Recycle Bin.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Windows will detect the missing Recycle Bin and create a new one.

Cheers.

thx for suggestions

hi everyone,

@melvin...yes, the standard windows empty works as it should, as usual. thx for the link to new version, i may download it if it is the free version update. i have been using asc 5.0 free.

@solbjerg... the reinstall was "clean" in the sense that i uninstalled asc5 then redownloaded the installation file. however, i didn't use an uninstall program (like revo uninstaller, or like asc5 also provides) to remove all registry leftover items. if the other suggestions don't work i might try that. also, i'm not familiar with the toggle that you mentioned.

to toggle fx. a switch/setting is to turn it of and on a couple of times.

(we see settings "hang" sometimes)

The most important thing about a Clean Install is to uninstall and then delete the leftover program folder - or at least it's contents - before installing again.

Cheers solbjerg

@enoskype... thx for that, i will def try that first and see if that does the trick..

me thinks this product sucks

tried updating to new v 5.1, still didn't fix the recycle bin problem.

might not try the other fixes however, since i just happened to manually check my history in chrome on my vista machine after asc clean junk/privacy sweep.

history still there.

translation. this product sucks. it simply doesn't do what it says.

now, i know it cleans some things, and maybe other people have had great experiences, but all i can say is that in my case, on two operating systems, the files remained.

product sux.

EDIT by Mel - Pertaining to Solbjergs post below... if you want to learn about how to manage your settings...usage of iobit products is here: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976

Or perhaps you might click the link in his signature:shock:!!!

Hi patric

The cleaning performed by the program is depending on the settings YOU choose.

Please read Usage of IObit Products to learn how to use the program!

Cheers

solbjerg

tried updating to new v 5.1, still didn't fix the recycle bin problem.

might not try the other fixes however, since i just happened to manually check my history in chrome on my vista machine after asc clean junk/privacy sweep.

history still there.

translation. this product sucks. it simply doesn't do what it says.

now, i know it cleans some things, and maybe other people have had great experiences, but all i can say is that in my case, on two operating systems, the files remained.

product sux.

Clean Uninstall & Install

@solbjerg... the reinstall was "clean" in the sense that i uninstalled asc5 then redownloaded the installation file. however, i didn't use an uninstall program (like revo uninstaller, or like asc5 also provides) to remove all registry leftover items.....

Clean Uninstall & Install

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

This information and more is in the thread FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first

All the best, woz of oz

Archived