IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not happy

mysticus22

I had been using a free version of "advanced system care 5" and thought it was ok at cleaning the computer. So I upgraded it to the full paid version which seemed ok for the first few days.

Anyway after the upgrade and using its recommended settings I first lost access to the home network for my XBox followed few days later with no access on the 2 pc's in the studio.

I somehow managed to get the network back and then out of the blue I couldn't access the shared files and folders on the network. All network settings seemed to be ok and should work

Tried a system restore on one of the pc's and I got blocked from doing so. On top of this all previous restore points had disappeared.

On our main studio pc I did manage to to get a system restore done but it didn't really help, instead it I was struggling to access anything like the control panel.

In the end I had to re-install both computers and I'm seriously unhappy with the ASC5 software as before I installed it all was ok. I did narrow the issues down to the point where ASC was installled. On top of this I paid for the upgrade and feel I've been ripped off.

Although I think that ASC5 is not a bad piece of software it's probably more suited to tech savvy persons.

Hi mysticus22, welcome to Iobit Forum!

I had been using a free version of "advanced system care 5" and thought it was ok at cleaning the computer. So I upgraded it to the full paid version which seemed ok for the first few days.

Anyway after the upgrade and using its recommended settings I first lost access to the home network for my XBox followed few days later with no access on the 2 pc's in the studio.

I somehow managed to get the network back and then out of the blue I couldn't access the shared files and folders on the network. All network settings seemed to be ok and should work

Tried a system restore on one of the pc's and I got blocked from doing so. On top of this all previous restore points had disappeared.

On our main studio pc I did manage to to get a system restore done but it didn't really help, instead it I was struggling to access anything like the control panel.

In the end I had to re-install both computers and I'm seriously unhappy with the ASC5 software as before I installed it all was ok. I did narrow the issues down to the point where ASC was installled. On top of this I paid for the upgrade and feel I've been ripped off.

Although I think that ASC5 is not a bad piece of software it's probably more suited to tech savvy persons.

Your troubles are most unfortunate!:sad:

In the future you might also try the Rescue function within ASC to undo the changes it has made!

As the problems arose only after you upgraded to pro, they stem from the functions "unlocked" by your pro license. (ASC free is identical to pro, except the full array of tools are available in pro). If you recall upon upgrading to pro you were prompted to make some choices concerning system optimization settings, registry repair... etc. It is in these settings your problems arise! ASC will only perform functions it has been commanded to by having that setting selected. The settings are available by clicking the "more" button at the top right of the ASC GUI.

Please don't misunderstand default with recommended! A default setting is not necessarily a recommended setting!

I highly advise you to review this thread paying particular attention to settings (especially concerning system optimization, registry fix, and privacy sweep in both quick care and deep care): http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976 (Usage of Iobit Products)

I would also like to point out that in the registry fix function... concerning items listed after a scan... High risk means there is a high risk of damage to your system. If you don't know what a high risk item is, then please uncheck it before doing your repair (or move it to the ignore list so that it isn't picked back up in future scans)! I recommend you use the "scan only" option (so you can view the results before repair), instead of the scan and repair option!

Also overcleaning of your registry by any software is not a good idea... the miniscule possible gain is vastly outweighed by the possible damage!

You may also want to consider whether or not you really want to utilize the "deep clean" function.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I did try the rescue thing and it did something but I couldn't tell what it was. I was quite careful with the initial settings and I know I purposely kept options regarding the network as they were i.e with full access to the network.

One of the things that actually really annoyed me was that when I scanned with the free version it then comes up with the message that with the Pro version I could resolve another few hundred issues. With that coming up everytime you almost feel that you have to buy the pro version. So I did and in the end it caused me more problems and 1 sleepless night.

Hi mysticus22!

I suspect then that the problems arose from the registry repair function then... concerning the high risk items. If you are unsure of an item... place it in the ignore list or at least uncheck it before doing the repair.:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi mysticus

In the settings for Registry fix you probably have Start menu ticked, and in the settings for Junk files clean you may have Menu order cache ticked?

Try a Windows System restore at a date and time before running the ASC "cleaning" operation.

Cheers

solbjerg

I did try the rescue thing and it did something but I couldn't tell what it was. I was quite careful with the initial settings and I know I purposely kept options regarding the network as they were i.e with full access to the network.

One of the things that actually really annoyed me was that when I scanned with the free version it then comes up with the message that with the Pro version I could resolve another few hundred issues. With that coming up everytime you almost feel that you have to buy the pro version. So I did and in the end it caused me more problems and 1 sleepless night.

Hi mysticus22,

Normally speaking, Advanced SystemCare won't affect the network, please kindly help us look into it.:smile:

You said that you did try the rescue thing and it did something but you couldn't tell what it was. Do you mean the ASC rescue can revert the network back to normal?:?:

If yes, please send us the Log folder and Backup folder under the profile folder so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Archived