IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC5 is deleting my system restore pts in Windows 7. Please Help.

layhoma

I have made sure that all settings were properly checked in my windows 7 including given sufficient disc space ....etc.

I suspect my newly purchased ASC5 is somehow deleting all my system restore pts periodically and shut down my "Volume Shadow Copy" settings which is required to be "ON" mode to create system restore pt on my appointed schedule.

Here is the deal, my paid ASC5 version is constantly monitoring and cleaning files in real time. I suspect this cleaning process wipe out all my created system pts so when I have 5 created pts today they could be gone in a week. Not everyday but eventually they disappear. Furthurmore, my "Volume Shadow Copy" setting is turned off constantly by itself so that my windows stop creating pts.:cry:

Does anyone have this problem ? Could there be a setting in my ASC5 I could tweak to prevent it from wiping out my restore pts or could this be a glitch that can't be prevented?

Thanks in advance!:!:

Hi layhoma

When starting to use ASC you should not immediately turn on the automatic cleaning - run the program manually a couple of times before you do that.

While you run it manually check EVERY "Problem" the scan finds prior to cleaning them and if there are some "problems" place those you do not want "cleaned" in the Ignore list. (fx. in your case the Volume shadow copy)

After you have used this procedure once or twice you can utilize the automatic cleaning.

All this is described in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the Windows System Restore Points is by default set to as a maximum to utilize 12% of you disc, when this level is reached every new restore point will delete the oldest restore point.

I have made sure that all settings were properly checked in my windows 7 including given sufficient disc space ....etc.

I suspect my newly purchased ASC5 is somehow deleting all my system restore pts periodically and shut down my "Volume Shadow Copy" settings which is required to be "ON" mode to create system restore pt on my appointed schedule.

Here is the deal, my paid ASC5 version is constantly monitoring and cleaning files in real time. I suspect this cleaning process wipe out all my created system pts so when I have 5 created pts today they could be gone in a week. Not everyday but eventually they disappear. Furthurmore, my "Volume Shadow Copy" setting is turned off constantly by itself so that my windows stop creating pts.:cry:

Does anyone have this problem ? Could there be a setting in my ASC5 I could tweak to prevent it from wiping out my restore pts or could this be a glitch that can't be prevented?

Hi , I have ASC 5.1.0.196 (latest version) PRO and my restore points are there always , i manualy delete them with ccleaner when there is many of them

I use deep care every 3 days and quick every day ( if you have pro you can enable automatic care )

Make sure you r using latest version

Cheers 8-)

A Good Cleaning Method with ASC...

Right/click on the ASC icon and click "Open" ASC, float you pointer over the Quick Scan icon and make sure Auto Care and Auto Clean are turned Off, first of all.

Using that view (OPEN) as your gauge you'll know when it's time for cleaning (and what kind, Quick or Deep) from the View on that page.

When doing your quick cleaning, you're allowed to pick and choose what actions are taken before every cleaning cycle by viewing Details and engaging the particular item that page. I get around excessive cleaning by Viewing my Toolbox options and using my Registry and Privacy Sweeper mostly, rather than Quick Cleaner, which can be a bit much at times (something I found out after getting fewer and fewer "be careful of too much cleaning" notices and finally none at all).

This is my 4th year with ASC and I know it quite well (on a basic level) so excuse me if I'm sounding too elementary for some of you guys. But I'm primarily writing this for people like myself, folks with basic computer skills and are not ashamed to admit it.

I hope this can help you AND others.

Peace...

Hi musicseawater! Welcome to Iobit Forums!

Toppack is absolutely right! You most certainly are opening yourself up for spammers! I see you have used the same name elsewhere!:shock:

I don't have permissions to change your username... If you should perhaps want to remove the @......... perhaps Enoskype, Solbjerg, or Woz of Oz are permitted as they are admins and I am only a mod. If you want it to be altered please post back here with the request!:grin:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi musicseawater!

I thought I was sending this TO admin, I guess I'm making quite the fool of myself here, huh?

Maybe I'll just quit while I'm only this far behind....

Sorry I don't understand!:-| Sending what?

You are not making a fool of yourself here!:wink:

I simply queried if you would like to have your user name changed by having the @......... removed so your address would not be harvested by spammers!

Toppack is absolutely right! You most certainly are opening yourself up for spammers! I see you have used the same name elsewhere!:shock:

The only reason I know this is that its part of my duties here to stop spammers. I often check out new members to make sure they are not known spammers. I verified that you were not a known spammer and in the process happened to discover the identical user name elsewhere. I meant no offense or insult!:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived