IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Conflict with Diskeeper 2011 [SOLVED by ASC 5.2]

Lyon275

hi i'm having problem with ASC 5 and Diskeeper 2011

Seems like Asc is deleting important files related to diskeeper to stop working

when i run asc (disk cleaner) diskeeeper wont workk i need to reinstall it again :cry:

Its not related to registry cleaner i checked it ( none of the registry items found are related to diskeeper 2011) it is something else but i dont know what ?

Any help is appriciated ....

Hi Lyon

Have you checked if Diskeeper is mentioned in Privacy sweep settings or in Junk file settings.

What are your settings regarding defragmentation in ASC settings?

Do you have Diskeeper in your services.msc?

Cheers

solbjerg

hi i'm having problem with ASC 5 and Diskeeper 2011

Seems like Asc is deleting important files related to diskeeper to stop working

when i run asc (deep care) diskeeeper wont workk i need to reinstall it again :cry:

Its not related to registry cleaner i checked it ( none of the registry items found are related to diskeeper 2011) it is something else but i dont know what ?

Any help is appriciated ....

Hi Lyon

Have you checked if Diskeeper is mentioned in Privacy sweep settings or in Junk file settings.

What are your settings regarding defragmentation in ASC settings?

Do you have Diskeeper in your services.msc?

Cheers

solbjerg

I dont use ASC 5 defragmentation...always skip it

Service is running ( i reinstalled again :sad:)

I will check priwacy sweep and junk file clean right now....

E.D.I.T. - I checked it and it seems "Disk cleaner" is deleting important files ( i used this from toolbox) in deep care junk file clean was "no problem" and i ran deep care and diskeeper is working fine

so "Disk cleaner is cleaning some files i dont know which all are in temp folder called isa121.tmp ,sc1.bin.tmp and more more more files like this just a bit different name ... and when i was using it most of the files couldn't be deleted only deleted 12 of hundred and more ....

Probleem is not solved but i will avoid using that in the future to have less problems ...

It seems some of this temp files are required for diskeeper to run propperly

But once again it found No problems in deep care ( this only happens when i use disk cleaner from toolbox)

All the best and Cheers :roll:

Hi Lyon

In the Disk cleaner - in the toolbox it is advisable to use the fail/safe setting. Furthermore you can configure what to check for and what to add or ignore in the settings there.

Cheers

solbjerg

I dont use ASC 5 defragmentation...always skip it

Service is running ( i reinstalled again :sad:)

I will check priwacy sweep and junk file clean right now....

E.D.I.T. - I checked it and it seems "Disk cleaner" is deleting important files ( i used this from toolbox) in deep care junk file clean was "no problem" and i ran deep care and diskeeper is working fine

so "Disk cleaner is cleaning some files i dont know which all are in temp folder called isa121.tmp ,sc1.bin.tmp and more more more files like this just a bit different name ... and when i was using it most of the files couldn't be deleted only deleted 12 of hundred and more ....

Probleem is not solved but i will avoid using that in the future to have less problems ...

It seems some of this temp files are required for diskeeper to run propperly

But once again it found No problems in deep care ( this only happens when i use disk cleaner from toolbox)

All the best and Cheers :roll:

Hi Lyon275,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles, please kindly help us look into this issue.

Please provide us the full name and version of Diskeeper 2011, if possible, please send us the download link of this program.

We will do the test and try to reproduce the issue on our end.

Thanks in advance!:-P

Hi Lyon275,

Sorry to hear that you encounter troubles, please kindly help us look into this issue.

Please provide us the full name and version of Diskeeper 2011, if possible, please send us the download link of this program.

We will do the test and try to reproduce the issue on our end.

Thanks in advance!:-P

Here you go :http://www.condusiv.com/trialware/

Its diskeeper 2011 Pro Premier .....

8-)

Hi Lyon275,

We have gone to the website, but we found that there are two kinds of Diskeeper. One is Business Trialware, one is Home Use Trialware.

Please help us check which one do you use.:roll:

Thanks in advance!;-)

Hi Lyon275,

We have gone to the website, but we found that there are two kinds of Diskeeper. One is Business Trialware, one is Home Use Trialware.

Please help us check which one do you use.:roll:

Thanks in advance!;-)

Here you go :lol: http://www.condusiv.com/home-use/diskeeper/pro-premier/download/

Just click on download ;-)

All the best , and Cheers :mrgreen:

I have Diskeeper too, but no such problem.

Do you have any other program beside ASC, maybe registry cleaner

Are you using the lastest build of ASC.

I ran disk cleaner, and this is what I found:

It cleans EsmLog.log under

C:\Users\All Users\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper

Nothing else from DK

My Junk files settings

http://shrani.si/t/2j/M0/9gARIa9/1/asc-junk.jpg

I have Diskeeper too, but no such problem.

Do you have any other program beside ASC, maybe registry cleaner

Are you using the lastest build of ASC.

I ran disk cleaner, and this is what I found:

It cleans EsmLog.log under

C:\Users\All Users\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper

Nothing else from DK

My Junk files settings

http://shrani.si/t/2j/M0/9gARIa9/1/asc-junk.jpg

I'm using Ccleaner along with ASC 5 PRO

I dont have problem now ,cuz i dont use Disk Cleaner anymore...

Dont know whats happening when using it manualy (it finds alot of items 100+ and it is able to delete only abou 20-30 other stuff fails to delete ....)

I'm using 5.1.0.196 ( once again i have this problem only when i run it from toolbox-> then disk cleaner)

I have no problem in deep care

All the best , and cheers :lol:

hi HowardB

I would try finding it under "Problems" while running a manual cleaning/scan and place it in the Ignore List!

Cheers

solbjerg

If there is a way to exclude the file, C:\Users\All Users\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\EsmLog.log from Disk Cleaner, then everything will work as expected.

I'm using Ccleaner along with ASC 5 PRO

I dont have problem now ,cuz i dont use Disk Cleaner anymore...

Dont know whats happening when using it manualy (it finds alot of items 100+ and it is able to delete only abou 20-30 other stuff fails to delete ....)

I'm using 5.1.0.196 ( once again i have this problem only when i run it from toolbox-> then disk cleaner)

I have no problem in deep care

All the best , and cheers :lol:

Hi Lyon275,

The disk cleaner tool in the toolbox is not the same cleaner that's inside ASC. The toolbox was originally designed to encompass tools for professionals to use and (I think) possibly open another market for Iobit. The toolbox was made available on a free basis to all users and development as a standalone software for professionals was abandoned. It then became incorporated into ASC. There are very powerful tools in the toolbox that must be used with caution!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Lyon275,

The disk cleaner tool in the toolbox is not the same cleaner that's inside ASC. The toolbox was originally designed to encompass tools for professionals to use and (I think) possibly open another market for Iobit. The toolbox was made available on a free basis to all users and development as a standalone software for professionals was abandoned. It then became incorporated into ASC. There are very powerful tools in the toolbox that must be used with caution!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thnx :smile:

I thought it's the same lol

I feel so dumb right about now :lol:

This is solved in 5.2

All the best and Cheers

Archived