IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issue with ASC 5 - killed Firefox 12 screens [FIXED]

dwights

After running the full ACS 5.0 deep care (except for the Microsoft vulnerability fix updates) and rebooting the HP Laptop (XP Pro), my Firefox 12 no longer works with ANY web page. Every page shows raw text without any pictures and without any HTML rendering.

I have been running the FREE version of ACS for a long time with updates. Now, after upgrading to the full licensed PRO, bing, bang, junk.

I have done NOTHING else other than reboot the laptop. I ran ACS. Rebooted the laptop. Started up Firefox, and now ALL pages are now junk. I have rebooted again with the same outcome. IE is rendering pages fine (fortunately).

Please help!:sad:

I found a way to get it back

Just to document this process...

I unistalled Firefox 12.0.

I ran ACS 5.0 only on links and registry

I installed version Firefox 10.0 - same issue

I uninstalled Firefox 10.0 and removed the Firefox directory from Program Files.

I re-installed Firefox 12.0 - same issue

I went to tools/options/advanced/network and cleared the web cach

Restarted Firefox and the issue was gone.

:razz:

Thank you.

Archived