Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting this morning, I was warned of a Trojan Horse identified with ASC Ultimate 10 by my Avira virus software. I looked into it. The new virus is called: TR/Decep.IObit.EM and it was discovered just a few days ago. The virus name has IObit in it, so, I am wondering if this really is a Trojan Horse in your program??

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_20170321110109.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	16404

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_20170321110403.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	16405

What to do??

Comment

Hi freedomfromfear,

So sorry for the detection made by Avira and our experts are diligently working on this issue. Also we have contacted Avira to remove this detection.

To solve the issue temporarily before get it solved,please refer to detailed steps to add IObit products into exceptions for Avira antivirus:

1. Launch Avira program and turn off Real-time Protection temporarily.
      2. Download ASC from the link and reinstall it: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...emcare_10.html
      3. Click the Settings icon behind Scan system on the main screen. Another window will pop-up.
      4. Go to ‘PC Protection’, click on ‘Exceptions’under ‘Scan’. Here, please add the following items to be omitted by scanner.
      1) Installation folder.
      By default, the program is installed on Disk C: \ as following:
      C:\Program Files\IObit\ (32bit computer)
      C:\Program Files (x86)\ IObit\ (64bit computer)
      Note: If your program is not installed on Disk C:, please right click on the desktop icon of the program and choose Open file location.
      2) %appdata%\IObit
      3) %programdata%\IObit
      4. Click on ‘Real-Time Protection’, and select ‘Exceptions’ under ‘Scan’. Here, please also add the same items as above to be omitted by Real-time Protection.

Thanks for your understanding.
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Thanks, http://forums.iobit.com/member/8413-cicely,

But, firstly, you did not refer to me by my proper name, which is freedomfromfear, not renodos500, and, secondly, you did not attend to my question as to why Avira would name the detections using IObit in the title of the detection. Additionally, this morning, I received numerous new detections for all my IObit products, each with a different name, please look at the attached picture, and, get back to me with your complete answer. Thank you.

Comment

Hi freedomfromfear,

So sorry for my mistake.

The items in your screenshot that marked with yellow exclamation were files for boot-time record and it seems that most files of our program have been detected.

Please take detailed steps in our previous post to add IObit products into exceptions for Avira antivirus as a temporary solution.

Thanks for your understanding.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

No problem, Cicely. My bigger concern is how/why Avira would label all these different detections with a separate name and use IObit in the name, especially if they are not a threat. Can you assume me that these are not real threats? I have already added the whole IObit folder in the exceptions so Avira would stop detecting the IObit suite of programs, but I remain a bit concerned about the detections and surprised that Avira is detecting all of your programs. Please assure me that I am safe with the IObit programs I am using. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by freedomfromfear View Post
              No problem, Cicely. My bigger concern is how/why Avira would label all these different detections with a separate name and use IObit in the name, especially if they are not a threat. Can you assume me that these are not real threats? I have already added the whole IObit folder in the exceptions so Avira would stop detecting the IObit suite of programs, but I remain a bit concerned about the detections and surprised that Avira is detecting all of your programs. Please assure me that I am safe with the IObit programs I am using. Thanks!

Hi freedomfromfear,

Please be assured that our products are absolutely clean. We will continue to contact Avira to solve this issue.

Much appreciated for your patience and time.
              IObit Support Team --

Comment

• I would suggest for IObit to partnership with ESET...they are the best antivirus solution, their antivirus has the lowest pc usage between all antivirus programs and very powerful detecting of threats in real-time according latest antivirus tests and my reviewing....I would like to see ESET detection and antivirus engine in ASCU11 instead Bitdefender

Comment

Originally posted by renodos500 View Post
                  • I would suggest for IObit to partnership with ESET...they are the best antivirus solution, their antivirus has the lowest pc usage between all antivirus programs and very powerful detecting of threats in real-time according latest antivirus tests and my reviewing....I would like to see ESET detection and antivirus engine in ASCU11 instead Bitdefender
                  Hi renodos500,

So sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our program Advanced SystemCare Ultimate with Bitdefender antivirus engine. We have forwarded your concern to our product team and we will surely keep on improving our product to meet your satisfaction.

Thanks and best regards.
                  IObit Support Team --

Comment

Originally posted by freedomfromfear View Post

Hi freedomfromfear,

This false positive made by Avira has been removed in our latest version.

Please try to re-install our program from the link below: http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Sy...=dl&tag=button

Thanks and please let us know the result.
                    IObit Support Team --

Comment

• deep scan and fix deregister oMega Commander
                      must register every time
                      repair it pls

Comment

• Originally posted by Niejaki View Post
                        deep scan and fix deregister oMega Commander
                        must register every time
                        repair it pls

Hi Niejaki,

Please right click on the register entry of oMega Commander in scan result and select Ignore to add it into the Ignore List, and this item will not be scanned out in the future.

Thanks and best regards.
                        Attached Files
                        IObit Support Team --

Comment

• Hello.....
                          In attached file is my concept for developing new program...It had a lot of work to make it..
                          What do you think? I created one program, that provides all solutions for PC except security solutions......new ASC interface, easy of use, etc.....It has 16 pages....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yuJTgKC2bfMk9tZXEwcERKZC1UWlpWbEpqYVRQQVR0X0o4

Can I get a report from product team about this concept...?

Have a nice day...

Comment

• Originally posted by renodos500 View Post
                            Hello.....
                            In attached file is my concept for developing new program...It had a lot of work to make it..
                            What do you think? I created one program, that provides all solutions for PC except security solutions......new ASC interface, easy of use, etc.....It has 16 pages....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yuJTgKC2bfMk9tZXEwcERKZC1UWlpWbEpqYVRQQVR0X0o4

Can I get a report from product team about this concept...?

Have a nice day...

Hi renodos500,

We have forwarded your suggestions for new ASC to our products team for consideration.

Thanks a lot.
                            IObit Support Team --

Comment

• advanced systemcare ultimate 10 best best

Comment

• Hey renodos500,

It`s very nice to see talented and innovative members in community.
                                Great job mate!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X