• Show
Clear All

many thanks for this ,I am downloading Now ...In a iso image
    and the instructions also
    And very pleased to have it ....
    itsmejjj

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
      FIX for KB925877 stubborn uninstall problem when installing XP sp3!!!

Hello guys,

I had the installation problem for SP3 in one of the laptops which have OSs nearly identical with XP Pro sp2s.

The problem was because of the istalled update KB925877 ["Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) MUI Language Pack for Windows XP"] in one of them.

But I don't understand why this update was in only one of them, since I have updated all of the optional updates in both of them.

The problem does not end there.

1) You can uninstall it if it is in your "Add or Remove Programs" and everything may go OK.

2) If it is not in your "Add or Remove Programs", you can uninstall it from:
      C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB925877$\ folder and run spuninst.exe to remove it. The remove may not work!!!.

3) You may have deleted Windows uninstalls of updates to have more space in the disk. (CCleaner=> Clean=>check checkbox of "Hotfix Uninstallers" of "Advanced" option=>Analyze=>Run Cleaner) (My case.)

4) You may still have it in:
      C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB925877\ folder and run spuninst.exe to remove it. The remove may not work!!!. (Not worked in my case.)

5) Reinstalling and uninstalling KB925877 may not work. (Not worked in my case.)

6) Then comes the last resort.
      Go to the following item in Registry editor:
      My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Hotfix\KB925877
      Export this reg. to where you like, to re-install it if something goes wrong.

At this point, it is advisable to make an Automated System Recovery in XP Pro.
      Read this article (that samr has pointed out above) from Microsoft Help and support and the following articles ( 1 ,2 ,3 ) to do it.
      For XP Home, please read this article:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302700

DELETE KB925877 all together from registry. (Worked in my case.)

7) Install SP3 for XP either from Windows_Update or from Microsoft .

8 ) In my case, the following update did not show in Windows Update in any of the newly installed XP sp3 laptops after installing SP3. (One with problem , one without a problem of SP3 installation.)
      Install, Microsoft Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI) Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) "WindowsXP-KB942766-v6-x86-ENU.exe" from Microsoft .

I hope this is helpful to those who have the same problem that I had.

Cheers.
      ill try :mrgreen:
      Link Removed by wozofoz - Advertising is not allowed - Banning offense
      (You may remove or change this Signature but no advertising)

Comment

Very helpful article for every person, Thank you for this info.

Thanks@ragards

gillian reynolds.

Thanks
        Last edited by solbjerg; Nov. 4th, 2011, 08:39. Reason: links not allowed - banning offense

Comment

@Everybody!

Thank you one and all for 'disecting' this issue! It is much appreciated! I have Windows 7 Home Premium sp1,do all of you think I should install 2 and then 3,or just 3? Thanks in advance.I simply don't know if updates past sp1 will be much of importance... :?

-Cowboy
          What they tell me that just ain't so bothers me!

Comment

Attention dv8cowboy!

Hi cowboy,

ATTENTION: THIS THREAD IS FOR WINDOWS XP and 4 years old. (Even Windows 7 Beta wasn't released for the public at that time. :lol:)

WINDOWS 7 has ONLY Service Pack 1 (sp1) as of today.

(FYI, if an installation of a service pack for Windows OS is concerned, all available ones should be installed in sequence, as there are prerequisited files of older ones in the new ones. [At least for the sake of security, if there exists sp1, sp2, sp3, etc. of a Windows OS, that OS should be updated to the latest one including all service packs.])

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

LOL!...@Enoskype

Thank you for that Eno,I was half asleep and NO coffee before I dove in!! My bad and apologies!

-Cowboy

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
              Hi cowboy,

ATTENTION: THIS THREAD IS FOR WINDOWS XP and 4 years old. (Even Windows 7 Beta wasn't released for the public at that time. :lol:)

WINDOWS 7 has ONLY Service Pack 1 (sp1) as of today.

(FYI, if an installation of a service pack for Windows OS is concerned, all available ones should be installed in sequence, as there are prerequisited files of older ones in the new ones. [At least for the sake of security, if there exists sp1, sp2, sp3, etc. of a Windows OS, that OS should be updated to the latest one including all service packs.])

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8cowboy View Post
                I was half asleep and NO coffee

-Cowboy
                We realize that is normal for our mates 'down-under' in Goulburn. :lol:

Comment

LOL!...@Toppack

It's the Int. Dateline you see...:mrgreen:

-Cowboy

Originally posted by Toppack View Post
                  We realize that is normal for our mates 'down-under' in Goulburn. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X