IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shared Folders

MSU_Bears1

Hello! I am new to this forum, and to the Advanced System Care 5 (free version). I have enabled Work turbo boost on my work machine, and have made some adjustments. What I have found is that any shared network folder that I click in goes into a file not found function. However when I turn off the Turbo Boost, it connects to those folders fine.

Am I doing something incorrect? If I am please let me know how to run Turbo Boost and keep normal functionality. Thanks!

Everything is unchecked

Cicely,

I have actually made sure that that was unchecked, and it is. That is why I am not sure why it is still killing the connection for the shared folders. Everything that I have checked under Work mode is:

System Services- nothing checked

Items in Non-Windows Services- iPod service

Background Applications- a few programs (nothing related to sharing)

So, I am confused...

Hi MSU_Bears

The whole purpose of Turbo Boost is to deactivate the services that are not absolutely neccessary to the activity you tend to perform, so that it will consume less resources and leave more resources for the rest, which ones you deem neccessary is up to you to decide and you will have to make adjustments accordingly.

Therefore my advice in your case given the information you have furnished is to not have the turbo boost activated.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello! I am new to this forum, and to the Advanced System Care 5 (free version). I have enabled Work turbo boost on my work machine, and have made some adjustments. What I have found is that any shared network folder that I click in goes into a file not found function. However when I turn off the Turbo Boost, it connects to those folders fine.

Am I doing something incorrect? If I am please let me know how to run Turbo Boost and keep normal functionality. Thanks!

solbjerg,

Thank you for the recommendation. I do enjoy how the Turbo Boost is working, except for that function. I run lots of Shared folders, and so it sounds like Turbo Boost is not my answer. I like how it was running for all aspects except the shared folder.

It makes sense how it is disabling those functionality, but if there was a way to enable that connection while keeping everything else boosted I would be 100% satisfied.:lol:

I'm having a similar problem in that my scanner will not send documents to shared folders after running deep care. It was working before the deep care was run but now the scanner brings up a network error when trying to send the document to the shared folders.

I'm having a similar problem in that my scanner will not send documents to shared folders after running deep care. It was working before the deep care was run but now the scanner brings up a network error when trying to send the document to the shared folders.

I would suggest trying:

Change the 'System optimization' utility, 'Computer-optimization' Setting,

from 'Basic' to 'Server',

to see if that helps?

Or you could disable that utility or Others,

by removing check-mark.

To determine which utility is causing problem.

Archived