IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update fails [FIXED]

downandout

Hi downandout

What are your update settings?

(have you for example ticked both the recommended automatic update option AND the option to check for updates at every start of the program? - if that is possible? - which it isn't , I just checked :-))

If you have chosen the automatic (recommended) setting there should be no pressing need to check for updates manually.

The popup may just mean that no update currently is available - in which case the popup ought to have said "You currently have the latest update - try again later :-)

If you feel it is reacting strangely (apart from the wording of the popup) you could try to perform a "Clean Install" (description of that concept can be found through a link in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

Whenever I open ACS it wants to download a database update but always fails:

http://i.imgur.com/hOl9N.png

What's up with that?

Hi downandout

Turbo Boost is closing down some services in order to save resources, please check if one of those services has to do with the updating (if you are in need of more resources to run fx. a game you can use the Turbo Boost - otherwise I would normally not do it.)

If you do it anyway you should configure what services the turbo boost should close.

If you write services.msc in Run and click ok or enter the services window will open.

The easiest way to check may be to just deactivate the turbo boost and see if that helps (restart the program after the deactivation)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Turbo boost can also be turned on in work mode - you should configure both modes

Yes, I'm using TurboBoost

Hi downandout

Have you gone through your settings? fx. what "junk" files is selected to be cleaned - what privacy files is selected to be cleaned - what optimisation have you chosen (daily use?)

If one hasn't encountered the problem before one has to try different things.

Did you try my suggested "Clean Install"?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. How about a chkdsk /f or chkdsk /r ?? :-)

I turned off Turbo Boost, update still fails to download. Any more ideas? :?

Problem solved. I'm using HostsMan to manage my hosts file and the IOBit update URL was blocked in there. Seems like IOBit isn't trusted with some people (same story in WOT ...)

So thanks for all your help guys.

Very Interesting, do you have to manually enter trusted URLs into 'HostsMan',

for them to be accepted?

I was thinking about using HostsMan on our Server,

is the reason I'm asking.

I'm worried that HostsMan may not be compatible with Windows-8 though?

(I'm not even sure if it will work with W-7 64bit)???

Hi Toppack,

On the contrary, you have to delete (or suspend-filter) the black listed URLs (IPs) in the Hosts file which is modified by HostsMan.

There are special servers that from time to time you update the new lists from them.

I have used it for long time, good program, works for W7, but in time the hosts file gets so big that it slows down the browsing.

Was in Beta phase for v 4.0, I don't know if it is finalized.

Cheers.

Hi Toppack,

On the contrary, you have to delete (or suspend-filter) the black listed URLs (IPs) in the Hosts file which is modified by HostsMan.

There are special servers that from time to time you update the new lists from them.

I have used it for long time, good program, works for W7, but in time the hosts file gets so big that it slows down the browsing.

Was in Beta phase for v 4.0, I don't know if it is finalized.

Cheers.

Ouch! :shock: Sounds like that program needs some Upgrading:!:

Hopefully they will for W-8. :-D

Very Interesting, do you have to manually enter trusted URLs into 'HostsMan',

for them to be accepted?

I was thinking about using HostsMan on our Server,

is the reason I'm asking.

I'm worried that HostsMan may not be compatible with Windows-8 though?

(I'm not even sure if it will work with W-7 64bit)???

I'm on Win 7 x64 and HostsMan works for me. HostsMan uses a couple of sources and you can manually delete entries and add URLs to a white list (exclusion list). Don't know about Windows 8 but the final release is still a couple of months away - maybe by then it'll be supported.

I'm on Win 7 x64 and HostsMan works for me. HostsMan uses a couple of sources and you can manually delete entries and add URLs to a white list (exclusion list).

Oh Okay, Sounds Good to me.

I would have been surprized if it did not have Manual entry capability.

Thanks,

Enoskype,

Do you have an older version or something ???

Hi Toppack,

I don't have it on my PCs anymore, but perhaps I couldn't explain it plainly, so it is valid what downandout says and I had tried to mean it.

Other than making the hosts file bigger and slowing down the browsing in long run, it is a good application and easy to use.

Cheers.

Hi Toppack,

I don't have it on my PCs anymore, but perhaps I couldn't explain it plainly, so it is valid what downandout says and I had tried to mean it.

Other than making the hosts file bigger and slowing down the browsing in long run, it is a good application and easy to use.

Cheers.

Okay, Thanks :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived