IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ACS with anti virus messed up my file system

Is it possible that the mouse buttons configuration was accidentally reversed?

Bye ASC

Windows XP

Service Pack 3

April 14, 2009

April 8, 2014

Please elaborate.

There is the posibility of using option @:

ASC=>Toolbox=>System Control=>system Settings=>Input Options=>Mouse Functions=>Swap Mouse Buttons=>Swap left and right mouse buttons checkbox=>Apply=>OK.

Cheers.

When i clicked on the icons on the desktop the Properties of the icons would show up and nothing eles.Kinda felt like my buttons where reversed in some way i used the left mouse button to double click as normally any one would.But when i doubled clicked with left mouse button the Icons and the Properties showed up and nothing eles.This is the best description i can give.Be cause i never seen this happen be for.It was like i was useing the right mouse button to go to the Icons properties but i was only useing the left button to double click to open the item's.

Hi enoskype

Yesterday I took another look and on some other site saw someone say that Windows would have to keep XP around until the year 2020

XP still was on 46% of all computers - Win 7 on 37% by now - the rest of the OS's (16%) were devided among the rest. (apparently the 1% is lost in translation) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Please elaborate.

There is the posibility of using option @:

ASC=>Toolbox=>System Control=>system Settings=>Input Options=>Mouse Functions=>Swap Mouse Buttons=>Swap left and right mouse buttons checkbox=>Apply=>OK.

Cheers.

Hi Xcom

Please could you try going to the control panel and check how your mouse buttons are configured.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Have you by any chance taken a look at the settings for handicapped and by mistake letting some settings stand??

When i clicked on the icons on the desktop the Properties of the icons would show up and nothing eles.Kinda felt like my buttons where reversed in some way i used the left mouse button to double click as normally any one would.But when i doubled clicked with left mouse button the Icons and the Properties showed up and nothing eles.This is the best description i can give.Be cause i never seen this happen be for.It was like i was useing the right mouse button to go to the Icons properties but i was only useing the left button to double click to open the item's.

Hi Xcom

Please could you try going to the control panel and check how your mouse buttons are configured.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Have you by any chance taken a look at the settings for handicapped and by mistake letting some settings stand??

There is nothing wrong with my Setup it all reverted back to normal when i uninstalled ASC WAV.

And my settings are Default.

Hi Xcom

I wonder if Cicely has seen your post yet and have had the IObit technicians reproduce your findings??

It seems very strange that ASC+AV should change your mouse settings - also that it as far as we have heard until now is just for a couple of installations out of probably millions. Very curious!!

I would think that anyone would notice that behaviour :-)

Sorry that I could not be of any assitance.

Cheers

solbjerg

There is nothing wrong with my Setup it all reverted back to normal when i uninstalled ASC WAV.

And my settings are Default.

Hi Xcom46,

Yes. This is the first time we got such feedback.

Please download the test tool from http://wikisend.com/download/509958/GetInfo.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click Save report to Desktop. Send us this report IObit_Debug_Info.txt so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

You can upload this file to wikisend.com and give us the download link.

Pleas also tell us what's the result after you right click a shortcut.

Archived