IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

10 Bit Malware Fighter v1.5 can't connect to Internet, when Internet switched on

Had to do a clean install of xp on my computer, now i've got all programs etc on, my 10 bit malware fighter v1.4 free edition wont update definitions, saw through majorgeeks v1.5 free and downloaded this thinking it could correct any missing data. Still when i press update it gives message "can't connect to internet, enter proxy settings", my internet is on by way of wireless connection and have no problems with other downloads. My other computer running same version updates ok through same method. Version 1.4 ran ok before my clean install.

Hi zerky, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Since you are using SS&D, please check your hosts file if it contains any IP address of IObit servers.

Also double chek that your proxy settings are empty.

BTW, the name of the program is IObit Malware Fighter 1.5

(iobit not 10 bit)

Cheers.

Hi enoskype, sorry wrote io as we talk it, iobit installed before ss&d, proxy settings clear, hosts files not blocking iobit. I also save downloads (stubs) of latest versions, as i call them to a memory stick, so i can save download usage & time, and i can then roll back to a previous version if i have probs. These were installed in the same way as my other 2 computers. Tried unhide of folders after usig iobit uninstaller, to delete any leftovers, even after its scan for items, also gone through registry with care to find nothing left, before a re-install. Any More suggestion please.

Had to do a clean install of xp on my computer, now i've got all programs etc on, my 10 bit malware fighter v1.4 free edition wont update definitions, saw through majorgeeks v1.5 free and downloaded this thinking it could correct any missing data. Still when i press update it gives message "can't connect to internet, enter proxy settings", my internet is on by way of wireless connection and have no problems with other downloads. My other computer running same version updates ok through same method. Version 1.4 ran ok before my clean install.

Hi,

Your network connection is not good at that time. Please temporarily disconnect the connection and connect it again. And then click Update to see how it works.

Moreover, you can also download the latest IMF 1.5 from the link:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/IObit_Malware_Fighter_d6088.html

Cheers.

Hi Cicely,

Thanks for input, tried dis/reconnect internet many times, no difference. Also updated to v1.5, also on interface is a link to Manual which is online and this displays a link to Major Geeks to download new versions, also another link on how to do manual updates of latest definitions. Done this, but it doesn't update it fully, i mean by this, on my other 2 computers which both work ok, the file dates are more up to date, so i have copied these, now i'm a happy bunny, bit more time consuming, my wife's giving me earache over time on computers as it is. If my computer fouls up in future i'll have to remember to load Malware Fighter 1st after doing a clean install, to hopefully get a working version.

Cheers

Hi Enoskype,

Yes IE8 & ASC5, used WinFix, also added an exception through firewall, but now i've removed it, then saw link on Malware Fighter Interface to Manual (Please see reply to Cicely.) Just got back to this after sorting it out, after having a rest away from computers, my hair is getting thinner by the day. Glad there are guys like you to help us "computer sassenachs" get through the day. Oh By the way have not got a clue how to do a "Screenshot", though i nearly tossed the whole computer out the window the other day.

Cheers and bye for now.

Howdy Toppack,

From beautiful Yorkshire, England, we normally say it as we see it, when in capital letters IO does look like 10, especially when i'm partially sighted and part daft in head, io or eye oh said too many times gets you drafted into the seven dwarfs.

All the best wishes

Archived