IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

indexing in windows 7 erased after deep care scan

wilco

Hi wilco,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please check System Optimization in Deep Care and scan it, then click Show details, find Optimize WSearch service to increase performance and choose Ignore this problem. Please see the attachments.

Hi wilco,

Please try Rescue function to see how it works.

Open Advanced SystemCare >> click Rescue on the top >> choose one restore point under Rescue Registry Fix (note: please select it according to the date, you should select a point which is before the problem happened) >> click Undo Changes button>> Reboot your computer.

Also please find the Log and Backup folder in the path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5 and send them to us as attachment.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I'm in the process of doing a complete re-indexing (taking 3+ days), so I am not going to do the system restore.

This has made me very leery, though, about using system care in the future. Can you please provide a method to insure that this doesn't happen. It is not acceptable to lose the ability to search.

Hi seattlecubsfan

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide the following information so that we can try to reproduce the issue.

● Is your operating system Win7 32bit or Win7 64bit?

● Is your Advanced SystemCare the latest 5.4.0 version? If not, please try it to see how it works.

● If you already have the latest 5.4.0 version, which module of Advanced SystemCare did you run before the issue occurred?

Thanks for your help.

Hi seattlecubsfan

Have you checked your settings in Privacy cleaning and in Junk file cleaning? Fx. are you cleaning MS search helper extension?

Cheers

solbjerg

I had the same problem. I'm in the process of doing a complete re-indexing (taking 3+ days), so I am not going to do the system restore.

This has made me very leery, though, about using system care in the future. Can you please provide a method to insure that this doesn't happen. It is not acceptable to lose the ability to search.

Hi seattlecubsfan

If you do not have MSOffice you may not have that file.

Do you see any other item there related to seach?

Is the seach service activated in services.msc (written in Run)

When running a cleaning after this service has been activated please check all "Problems" to ascertain that the search isn't chosen to be "deactivated" and place it in the Ignore list if it is, before clicking Clean.

Do you run Turbo Boost?

Cheers

solbjerg

Solbjerg, I'm not sure where I should be looking. I don't see an MS Search option in the settings for Junk Files Clean, Privacy Sweep, or System Optimization.

Hi seattlecubsfan

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10339&stc=1&d=1344969277

Do you for example have "Index Data files" checked?

Could you please tell us your settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Please read Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

I have MS Office. I'm afraid I'm not understanding what you're saying.

Can you please lay out clearly the steps I need to take to make sure this doesn't happen again? I was on the verge of paying for the professional version of System Care, but not if I have to worry about this.

• Windows 7 32 bit
  • Version 5.4.0.257
  • I'm not sure what module I was running previously.

Hi seattlecubsfan,

We didn't reproduce the issue on our side.:-|

Please find the Log and Backup folder in the path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5 and send them to us as attachment.

Thank you.

Hi seattlecubsfan,

We didn't reproduce the issue in our side.:-|....

Welcome to the forum seattlecubsfan :smile:

Just in case, you might want to read this thread at Microsoft Answers

Windows 7 search keeps rebuilding index even though indexing was complete

Windows 7 keeps rebuilding index even though indexing was complete with about 203,000 items. Search was fast and accurate but then the next time the laptop was rebooted, index was rebuilding from scratch again. What triggered off the rebuilding of index automatically?

Then.....

Miraculously, no re-indexing has taken place in the past week since the Index was rebuilt, although my laptop was rebooted at least twice a day. Now on launching, Outlook 2010 is immediately searchable and Indexing Status says ‘Outlook has finished indexing all of your items. 0 items remaining to be indexed’.

It might be a coincidence, but I recently installed Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2510690) before I rebuilt the index

All the best, woz of oz

Archived