IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

USB Drive constant activity

Daemonmonkey

Hello

After I installed ASC v6 my USB drive, a Samsung G3 Station, is constantly being accessed by the Monitor task.

As the drive has a sleep function to save energy and possibly the drive itself, I would need a way to disable the Monitor program from constantly seeking the USB drive.

Could you please help me with this?

@Toppack

@Scannan

I've found out that the utility "Monitor.Exe" which resides in the ASC folder, is the culprit. Killing that process stops the excessive accessing of the drive.

Starting the process manually doesn't come up with any options to enable/disable monitoring of drives.

I don't know where I can go to change it's behavior, as I've gone through all settings and there is no "Disable".

Hi Daemonmonkey

The "disabling" of monitor.exe is accomplished by unticking the option to run the performance monitor in the settings.

(p.s. I would take a look at the details of the settings for monitor.exe first though, in case you wish to use it at a later time)

Cheers

solbjerg

@Toppack

@Scannan

I've found out that the utility "Monitor.Exe" which resides in the ASC folder, is the culprit. Killing that process stops the excessive accessing of the drive.

Starting the process manually doesn't come up with any options to enable/disable monitoring of drives.

I don't know where I can go to change it's behavior, as I've gone through all settings and there is no "Disable".

Daemonmonkey

Thank you for the feedback, as I was not sure whether it was the ASC monitor or the system monitor.

Try the following which may solve your problem.

Go to Performance Monitor GUI

Double click on the Disk area (see attached printscreen 1)

This will open the Performance screen . On this screen click on Properties icon (see attached printscreen 2)

This will open the System Monitor Properties screen. Select Data (see attached printscreen 3). Here you should be able to remove your USB drive from the list.

Let us know if this works.

Archived