IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

StartMenu8 prevents text input in Firefox

skyjumpr

I'm running Win 8 Pro with Firefox (first ver 16 and now 17).

From time to time, with StartMenu8 running, I'm unable to type any text into any text field in Firefox. I've enabled/disabled all add-ins in Firefox with no effect. As soon as I exit StartMenu8 I'm able to once again type/enter text in Firefox. I can restart StartMenu8 and I'm still able to type, at least till the problem arises again.

So far only Firefox seems to be affected. When this happens I can type in other apps (notepad, IE, Ultraedit), haven't tried all apps yet.

Hi skyjumpr

Welcome. I think that it would be best if you sent this information directly to Iobit at support@iobit.com.

Some other users may post suggestions sokeep a check on the thread, but as this is a very new utility, I think that Iobit would like to be made aware of the problem and would also probably have a solution for you.

You can reference this Forum thread in your email.

Hi skyjumpr,

We need more information to look into this issue.

1. Please let us know the OS of your computer in detail.

2. Please let us know the version of Startup Menu you have now.

Thanks in advance.

OS - Windows 8 Pro (6.2.9200) 64 bit

StartMenu8 - ver 1.0.0.0 File Version 0.2.0.398

Hi skyjumpr,

Would you please make a screenshot of the Extensions page and Plugins page of Firefox and send it to us for further check?

To go to Extensions / Plugins page , please open Firefox -> click Firefox on the top left of the browser -> select Add-ons -> select Extensions / Plugins.

Guide for taking screenshot:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Hi skyjumpr,

Would you please make a screenshot of the Extensions page and Plugins page of Firefox and send it to us for further check?

To go to Extensions / Plugins page , please open Firefox -> click Firefox on the top left of the browser -> select Add-ons -> select Extensions / Plugins.

Guide for taking screenshot:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

I've emailed a screen print to support@iobit.com and referenced this thread and your request to send the screen print.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Skyjumpr,

To look into the issue, please kindly tell us the precise version and the language of your Firefox. It should be better if you can supply the link to download the Firefox as yours, then we can do a text.

Besides,please kindly send us a screenshot when you try to input test in Firefox.

Archived