IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BUG:Deleting content off desktop

Nydirech

I currently run 3 hard drives. Primary HD( 40Gb) for my OS. 320 for my fam pictures, home movies, ect., and a 2TB game drive that I keep all my gameing software on. I often pin items to my task bar or as many do keep shortcuts on my desktop. Every time ASCPro runs its scans it removes shortcuts and pinned items. Having to go through one HD to grab a program is an annoyance enough. Thankfully I keep my things organized in a fashion that I know, and can easily get to my programs. However this is a REAL annoyance. Please update and correct this problem. It is happening every time ASCpro runs so it isnt just deleting things when I reboot it will remove them when I am in game, watching a show online, browsing the internet, ect.

Hi Nydirech

I recommend that you run Shortcut Fix from your ASC Toolbox, and allow it to repair.

The only reason ASC would remove shortcuts, is if he sees them as corrupt, or inactive.

You could also untick the Shortcut option in Autocare, and if the problem continues, try also unticking the Shortcut option in Registry Fix.

By doing this we may be able to narrow it down to which utility is causing the issue.

Disable the automatic functions. Check your settings of ASC (it is doing what you have enabled it to) I am happy that you are smart about keeping things organized.

I currently run 3 hard drives. Primary HD( 40Gb) for my OS. 320 for my fam pictures, home movies, ect., and a 2TB game drive that I keep all my gameing software on. I often pin items to my task bar or as many do keep shortcuts on my desktop. Every time ASCPro runs its scans it removes shortcuts and pinned items. Having to go through one HD to grab a program is an annoyance enough. Thankfully I keep my things organized in a fashion that I know, and can easily get to my programs. However this is a REAL annoyance. Please update and correct this problem. It is happening every time ASCpro runs so it isnt just deleting things when I reboot it will remove them when I am in game, watching a show online, browsing the internet, ect.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10931&d=1354324338

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived