IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.7 is available! (UPDATED 1228) (UPDATED again 1230)

enoskype

http://www.iobit.com/tpl/images/company/icons/imf_64.png IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.7 is available for download! (UPDATED! 1228) (UPDATED again! 1230)

.. .http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&d=1292462110

from MajorGeeks (imf-setup.exe size: 18798 KB, setup file version 1.7.0.0) (Updated imf-setup.exe size: 18194 KB, setup file version 1.7.0.1) December 28, 2012 (Updated imf-setup.exe size: 18798 KB, setup file version 1.7.0.0) December 30, 2012

Application File: IMF.exe (4370KB) application file version: 1.7.0.0

Changelog:

+ Improved Installer (Removed the Toolbar option) (Dec. 28, 2012) (Toolbar option added again) (Dec. 30, 2012)

+ Improved Real-time Protection Function

+ Updated Database

+ Updated Language Files

+ Fixed General bugs

NOTE: (Toolbar installation option is removed from the setup file. Dec. 28, 2012) Toolbar option is included again Dec. 30. 2012.

This program is advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run. These may include a toolbar (Spigot), changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs. Please watch the installation carefully to opt out by declining the toolbar agreement if you don't wish to install it.

Cheers.

http://wikisend.com/download/272710/imf-setup1.7-1228.exe File ID: 272710

IMF 1.7 setup file is DOWNDATED to previous 1.7.0.0! (1230)

What is going on IObit? :shock:

Setup file in the first post download link is again version 1.7.0.0

Toolbar option is put into again to setup file. Main executable is same as previous one.

Cheers.

Enoskype

I fully understand your frustration. I have been biting my lip and forcing myself not to comment, but at this point I really feel it is necessary for Iobit to get their act together regarding their updates and version numbers.

I cannot in good conscience understand why they struggle so much with uploading the correct updated versions of their software. If I am being unfair, and the problem is with their partners such as MajorGeeks, then they must manage their partners better and insist on better service.

They also need to look at their version/update numbering system, as it is a nightmare to keep track of versions at the moment.

It is hard to understand how a company can produce such great products, and then completely fail when it comes to providing the product to the end user, which is the whole purpose of the excercise in the first place.

Come on Iobit, some management is required to improve this weakness.

I don't even know why IObit products require the use of an installer file for minor program updates. It should be done through the GUI. Right now updates only update the definitions and not the program.

No reason paid users should have to suffer through using a GUI for a small program update and have to go through the GUI in mortal fear that they will click on a box and wind up installing some software they don't want.

I can understand putting all those options in the installer though I have never liked it. However to subject paid users to have to go through this is baloney.

Hi samueljeshua,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but are you saying that there is a problem with the wording on the GUI of IMF in Spanish?

Please write in details if you think there is a problem in IMF software.

Cheers.

I say the definition version is 1230

http://como-descargar-gratis.com/imagenes/captura-2.jpg

As much as I update says I have the latest version and does not change the definition version

Hi Samuel,

The definitions version of today is 1196 and it is correctly shown on the GUI of IMF. It was last updated on December 28, 2012. You can find all the updated definitions versions in News & Offers section of the forum. Definitions version is updated twice weekly and posted as an offline database update in the afore mentioned section.

#1230 is the date December 30, 2012 when new version of IMF setup file is updated.

Cheers.

Hi Samuel,

The definitions version of today is 1196 and it is correctly shown on the GUI of IMF. It was last updated on December 28, 2012. You can find all the updated definitions versions in News & Offers section of the forum. Definitions version is updated twice weekly and posted as an offline database update in the afore mentioned section.

#1230 is the date December 30, 2012 when new version of IMF setup file is updated.

Cheers.

I have installed the 1230 version that lose nungun majorgeeks and good side I see: "1230"

but hey, it's okay

thanks

Enoskye and all,

The first download link on the Majorgeek site installs ver 1.5 of IMF. The second installs 1.6. Where do I get ver 1.7?

Ok, here is an update. MG has on it's website 'Download locations

where you select the link -

Download@Majorgeeks

Download@Majorgeeks

Internode (Australia)

If you click on the 'Download locations' link (not the two download@majorgeeks links) you get ver 1.7 - I just did it. If you select the first 'download@majorgeeks' link you get ver 1.5. The next link is ver 1.6.

I didn't try the Internode link.

This all can be very confusing for IMF customers on this site. Please pay attention when you click on the links to make sure you are downloading the correct version. You won't be able to tell until the file downloads and the install extraction takes place.

Leeman

Archived