IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

State (C:) window is blank

Tomster2

Working with (2) Dell Dimension 2400 XP PRO SP3 with an Intel 82845G Graphics Controller.

2 G RAM

Smart Defrag 2.7

When we open Smart Defrag on either machine we can see the GUI, but if we click analyze or defrag, the window with all the colored blocks remains blank, the the status % completion bar does not showup. Neither does the option to click on the pause or stop buttons,

... so it looks like SmartDefrag is not running...

However...

If we go to task manager, we can see smartdefrag using from 5 to 50 of the CPU.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled... but no change. We get the same behavior on both of these PCs.

Screen resolution is 1024 x 768.

Suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Tomster2

Working with (2) Dell Dimension 2400 XP PRO SP3 with an Intel 82845G Graphics Controller.

2 G RAM

Smart Defrag 2.7

When we open Smart Defrag on either machine we can see the GUI, but if we click analyze or defrag, the window with all the colored blocks remains blank, the the status % completion bar does not showup. Neither does the option to click on the pause or stop buttons,

However...

We have uninstalled and reinstalled... but no change. We get the same behavior on both of these PCs.

Tomster2

Hi Tomster2,

Considering your join date and number of posts... you have been using Iobit softwares for awhile (years) with no problems? Now you are posting about an issue concerning the newest version of SmartDefrag.

Are the machines networked? Was it the same install placed on both machines? What are the machines current OS?

Please state all the Iobit softwares you are running.

Have you deleted all the old setup files and folders from your download location(s) when you re-installed (even if empty)?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I think the Dell 2400 is a Desk-top computer but it sounds like SD Thinks it is running on Batteries,

since SD has shut-down option for battery-powered computers.

Maybe there is some different Dell software-driver that is confusing SD, about the power-source ???

Note - Didn't Dell have a modified version of XP on those computers ?

Machines are on a network. Other machines run SmartDefrag (various versions) without issue.

These machines were moved up to the latest as whatever version they had was not behaving.

Both are XP Pro SP3... and yes, it is an OEM version of XP. How different, or special it is, is hard to say.

I will check the power options... I have seen one Dell desktop in the past that was purchased from Dells refurbished site... and it had OS options normally associated with a laptop... but that is the only one I have seen like that. Will take a closer look at that possibility.

No I did not delete the old folders when we uninstalled. So will do check that as well.

SD is the only IOBIT program on the machines.

Thanks for the ideas. Will advise.

Tomster2

Hi Tomster2.

Thanks for posting back.:grin:

Machines are on a network. Other machines run SmartDefrag (various versions) without issue.

So now I understand that there are more than two machines.

You are running SmartDefrag on many networked machines and are unsure of the versions that are running on all of them. How are they networked and how many machines are there? (yes I remember that you are having problems with only the two... but the answer may lie in the versions and networking of all of them).

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 1 month later...
There are 10 machines total, networked on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

All Smart Defrag installs were done manually on each of the machines.

And at the same time I would imagine... and they are the same version.

I am clueless... wish I could be more helpful.:wink:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 2 months later...

XP has UI issues

2 G RAM

Smart Defrag 2.7

However...

Tomster2

The issue is that XP has an issue with the User Interface. For some reason this will happen to me on my XP Pro machines all the time. I have reported it but apparently there is no way the programmers can "fix" it. However, you can get it to work temporarily if you do the following: click "Settings", select "User Interface", move the "Transparency" slider a little bit, then click "Recommended" and then "OK". Then it will work for you for a while (until you close the app or reboot). I wish I could keep it working all the time. Let me know if this works for you.

Archived