IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu 8: suggestions, and progression

LaurenceJ

Sorry Laurence, I have forgotten to attach, but now it is attached.

The rest is my way of using StartMenu8, so ignore what I said as I was using SmartMenu8 together with Clssic Shell.

When I close Classic Shell it behaves as you say.

Cheers.

EDIT :

NOTE: Disregard the image attached in my previous post, "Pin to Start" is not part of StartMenu8.

I think we can short the words of left click to open the start menu option since now the option isn't correct as left click to open it

1."auto click the start button when hover"

2.Hover to click the start button

3.Auto showing the start menu

4.Disable Left click to open start menu

Which one you think is well?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note to say that I have edited (revised and expanded) my first post; so for any interested it is still found here. :shock:

Also the thread and post's title has been changed to more closely reflect the nature of the thread: suggestions for StartMenu8's improvement and its progression throughout all of its present and upcoming releases.

regards,

Laurence

Hi FrancWest,

Good catch.

Hopefully your findings will be passed on to the IObit's software developers. If you wish, you can also report this bug/error in IObit's online feedback.

FrancWest, I am curious: under StartMenu8's Settings | Menu when you enable Downloads to show as either a link or menu, does it show? It does nothing here.

regards,

Laurence

Disappearing Start Button. . .

I am reporting the case of the disappearing Start Button. :shock:

Bug: When I open Windows Explorer, or Notepad, or whatever, and hover the mouse pointer over its representative icon on the taskbar, then move the mouse pointer onto the miniature window being displayed of that open/running program, Start Menu 8's start button disappears from the taskbar. It becomes visible again once I move the mouse pointer off of that miniature window.

I am running Start Menu 8 v1.0.2.30.

regards,

Laurence

2 additions

1) multi screen support

-simply having the program replicated on a dual monitor setup

2) jump lists

-have the same ability to view jump lists for recent or pinned documents, spreadsheets, etc on Microsoft Office Shortcuts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here is a tip i found in a library book, to get program menu back without extra 3rd party software.

1. Right click empty section of the taskbar

2. Click toolbars

3. click new toolbar

4. Click empty section of the address bar

5. Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

6. Press enter

7. Click “select folder” button lower screen

8. Click toolbar arrows to open in the taskbar.

• 1 month later...

To Cicely, IObit Support, and Start Menu 8's developers,

Start Menu 8 through its releases has continued to improve, and "show its stuff"! Congrats and thank you.

And now I am hoping that numbers 4a and 8 found in this post may also yet be resolved.

Faith can be ill-placed or well-placed, and you know, in this instance I am of the mind that it is more than fair to say that it is well-placed; and now even past experience supports it, in that numbers 4a and 8 may yet be resolved as well.

Go IObit go. :-)

And once again, thank you.

regards,

Laurence

• 1 month later...

Hi bdl,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have reported your concerns to our product team for consideration.

Besides, you can adjust the size of the pictures in start menu by changing the DPI on your PC, if you want bigger pictures.:wink:

Thanks for your feedbacks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I am reporting the case of the disappearing Start Button. :shock:

Bug: When I open Windows Explorer, or Notepad, or whatever, and hover the mouse pointer over its representative icon on the taskbar, then move the mouse pointer onto the miniature window being displayed of that open/running program, Start Menu 8's start button disappears from the taskbar. It becomes visible again once I move the mouse pointer off of that miniature window.

I am running Start Menu 8 v1.0.2.30.

I can confirm this using v1.1.0.45.

When pointing at a button of a running program on the task bar, after a second the windows become transparent. Then the Start Menu 8 button disappears from the task bar.

Not a big problem, just cosmetic.

• 1 month later...

On Shut Down Start Menu 8 does not close automatically

I have experienced the following bug with Start Menu 8 both on a Windows 8 64-bit Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Notebook and a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Sony Vaio SV-S1312S9E Notebook.

When pressing shutdown from the StartMenu button, most times the application will NOT automatically close, displaying a message "This application prevents the computer Shutdown", prompting for a FORCED shutdown.

Alternatively if I press CANCEL and return to desktop, the application has "hung" so the only way to shutdown is thru the TaskMenu of Alt-Ctrl-Del.

I haven't seen anybody else experiencing this, so I would appreciate any suggestions as indeed I hate the disappearance of the TaskBar from Windows 8 and this application is really cool!

I'm running latest version 1.1.0

I have experienced the following bug with Start Menu 8 both on a Windows 8 64-bit Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Notebook and a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Sony Vaio SV-S1312S9E Notebook.

When pressing shutdown from the StartMenu button, most times the application will NOT automatically close, displaying a message "This application prevents the computer Shutdown", prompting for a FORCED shutdown.

Alternatively if I press CANCEL and return to desktop, the application has "hung" so the only way to shutdown is thru the TaskMenu of Alt-Ctrl-Del.

I haven't seen anybody else experiencing this, so I would appreciate any suggestions as indeed I hate the disappearance of the TaskBar from Windows 8 and this application is really cool!

I'm running latest version 1.1.0

Hi dampast,

We have replied your post in http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=15744

Please refer to there for a possible solution. :wink:

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to let you guys know of a bug. Windows 8.1 Enterprise has it's own start menu button that gets over written by the start menu 8's start menu making for a very messy start menu.

Hi kiroyakuza,

Thank you for your reply.

For the situation you mentioned, do you have any good ideas? Welcome your suggestions to our products and service.:wink:

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Suggestions

Hi kiroyakuza,

Thank you for your reply.

For the situation you mentioned, do you have any good ideas? Welcome your suggestions to our products and service.:wink:

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

I think that you should develop a setting that still allows users to use the Windows 8.1 Enterprise metro start menu button to bring up the iobit start menu or at least get rid of it so that users can still put the iobit start menu 8 buttons without them being interrupted by the Win 8.1 Enterprise metro start menu button. :idea:

Hi kiroyakuza,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I have forwarded it to our manager for consideration. Hope there will be a solution to it soon.

And if you have any other feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to post it here. We are more than happy to hear from our kind users.:mrgreen:

Cheers

Hi ojcuts,

Thanks for your feedback.

What are the items that you clicked when there is no response? Please send us the related screenshots to show more details.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please check and make sure that you have the latest Start Menu 8 1.2.1 and you can download it from http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/start_menu_8.html

Looking forward to hearing from you.

New 8.1 support

Hi kiroyakuza,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I have forwarded it to our manager for consideration. Hope there will be a solution to it soon.

And if you have any other feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to post it here. We are more than happy to hear from our kind users.:mrgreen:

Cheers

I got the new start menu 8 v1.2.1 with Windows 8.1 Enterprise support. It works very well, but if I could make one suggestion:idea:: I like the start menu button that comes with windows 8.1 Enterprise. Could your developers make support for the original button, but still have the iobit start menu 8 work with all it's full functionality in the next release?:mrgreen:

Archived