IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start Menu 8: suggestions, and progression

LaurenceJ

Hi boe323,

Thanks for your feedback.

What did you do when the memory goes from 12% usage to 21%? Does the issue happen when you load SM 1.5 when you boot up or when you search though SM 1.5?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yes, when it first starts at boot up, it also causes the mouse to lag on the tiles view at startup, as I always boot to the tiles start page first then it automatically switches after 45 sec to 1min, that's how I like it as it gives the tiles time to update there status etc, don't like going straight to desktop, the memory usage does drop slightly after around 5/10mins though.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi boe323 and Skrybe,

@boe323, thanks for your reply.

The issue you mentioned will be solve in Start Menu 8, v2.

@Skrybe, thanks for your feedback. If the issue you mentioned happens again, please feel free to tell us.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Unfortunately, as soon as I enable the image again it does lag out the cursor while it's over Startmenu. Once the image loads (10-15 seconds) the lag disappears and it's gone until next reboot. Happens every time I enable the image and every time I reboot with the image enabled.

Is there any info I can provide that would help identify the cause of the problem? I'm running Win 8.1 patched up to date as at today, 16gb Ram, i7-4770k, Radeon 7970 with 14.6 beta drivers. The image as mentioned earlier is only a 7k JPG thats 320x308 pixels. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

Hi Skrybe,

Can you try to put the concerned jpg file (or a similar sized .jpg file) to the directorty:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Start Menu 8\Resources

and try again and see if there is any difference?

Also, try with a different similar .jpg file such as user.jpg (from C:\Program Files\IObit\Start Menu 8\Resources) at the location you were trying before.

Cheers.

NOTE: Please update OS + Computer Details in your User CP.

Ahhhh! I think I understand what is happening. I think the hard drive the image is normally on is spinning down and power saving. When it's on C drive it's on my SSD and the response is instant. Thanks for that, in future I'll make sure to drop any files into the resource directory.

Might be worth a minor tweak to the app to copy files there.

Hi enoskype and Skrybe,

@enoskype, thanks for your timely and efficient reply. :-D It must be helpful to all users with the issue.

@Skrybe, happy to hear your reply. If you meet any issue in the future, please do not hesitate to post it here. There are many warmhearted users that are pleased to help you. :-D

Hi rourkem,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please describe the issue " Start menu is being blocked by some security software" more clearly with related screenshots so that we can look into it?

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-in-windows-8

It might be false positive, we will communicate with the producer of the security software to get whitelisted.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived