IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Probably a stupid question...

nhalljr

... but quick to answer.

I'm running the clone finder in ASC6. It shows pairs of files with one of them checked.

Questions:

1) If I click on DELETE, will the checked file be deleted or will the UNchecked file be deleted?

2) Are they deleted to the recycle bin or are they literally removed from the drive?

Thanks,

Nick

Here is your quick answers together with a quick advice!

Hi Nick, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I would not touch to cloned files if I were you.:idea:

If you don't know exactly what you are doing, you can completely ruin your OS and it may even not start.

So your question is not a stupid one.

For the answer to your questions:

1) Deleting will delete the files with checkmarks in the checkboxes.

2) They will not be deleted to the Recycle Bin, but deleted from the drive.

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...

Doesn't it find the exact same clonedfile

Hi, You say to the questionerabout cloned files checked or unchecked NOT TO DELETE ANY AT ALL? Then if it doesn't find the exact same file, why do you have thetool at all???:?: It would make senseto me that you should have the tool find the exact same ones and then be able to delete the ones that are older in able to free up some drive space:neutral:. Do you know atool out there that isable to do that?

warrenhottie

Enoskype has given very good advice and it should be followed. The tool does find the exact same files, but users must realise that a file can be used in more than one place, particularly relating to the system. DLL files in particular can be used in multiple places. Therefore it is vital to check the list of cloned files very very carefully and then only delete the ones which you are absolutely sure are not required.

It is a very useful tool and can help you retrieve space,and reduce clutter, but it must be used with great care and attention.

Hi warrenhottie, welcome to the IObit Forum! :-D

The tool is for the people who knows which cloned files can be deleted and which cloned files shouldn't be deleted.

The tool finds exact cloned files, but some of the cloned files in your PC should be kept in the PC. Some of them are needed for the Windows Operating System to run, so deleting a wrong cloned file could couse havoc in the system causing to malfunction and even completely ruin the OS.

I would advice you too not to delete the cloned files if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

BTW, did you have any progress for WinFix? Any hint which process is causing the glitch (freeze)?

Cheers.

Hi, You say to the questionerabout cloned files checked or unchecked NOT TO DELETE ANY AT ALL? Then if it doesn't find the exact same file, why do you have thetool at all???:?: It would make senseto me that you should have the tool find the exact same ones and then be able to delete the ones that are older in able to free up some drive space:neutral:. Do you know atool out there that isable to do that?

Hi warrenhottie

In addition to enoskype I just want to say that the "The cloned files scanner" ought to be called "Cloned files FINDER"

The reason is that this is precisely what the program does, - what you want to delete is solely up to you!!!

A program that can decide individually which files are necessary for every individual does not exists, and will never be possible to make I think.

i.e. if you make a copy of a file in order to place it in a more convenient place for the purpose of making it easier to to use for yourself in the setup you have made on your computer.

This "cloned file" will be found - and if you then choose to delete it you will nullify the action you just made creating it.

Rather a futile action in my opinion!

So there is no way around thinking about it before deciding.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi warrenhottie, welcome to the IObit Forum! :-D

The tool is for the people who knows which cloned files can be deleted and which cloned files shouldn't be deleted.

The tool finds exact cloned files, but some of the cloned files in your PC should be kept in the PC. Some of them are needed for the Windows Operating System to run, so deleting a wrong cloned file could couse havoc in the system causing to malfunction and even completely ruin the OS.

I would advice you too not to delete the cloned files if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

BTW, did you have any progress for WinFix? Any hint which process is causing the glitch (freeze)?

Cheers.

Hi warrenhottie,

Thank you for your feedback.

According to the explanations about Cloned Files Scanner from the 3 warmhearted administrators, guess you already understood.

Sincerely thanks for the patient and careful explanations from enoskype, Scannan and solbjerg. Users who have confusions about Cloned Files Scanner will greatly appreciate your assistance. :-D

Archived