IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for IObit Malware Fighter v2

itobe

Hi SerfT,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will report it to our product team for consideration.

But for the issue about game that you mentioned, please describe it more clearly with details to help us look into it.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more information

Steam is a major game download site. with game registration etc.

the way games are verified And loaded is more complicated then just click desktop icon to run the exe file in the game folder.

I recommended to my friend to use iobit products to keep his system safe on his freshly installed windows premium 64 bit system. So when my friend called me and asked me why his favorite steam game wont load Garys mod!

Research on the internet showed people are uninstalling malware fighter because it is not leting garys mod load. (internet showed a couple other games were having the same problem)

I love this product, it just needs a couple tweaks. I thought you may want to know people are telling other gamers to remove this product so they can play there games.

I have garys mod, and I tested it on my windows 64 bit system. and found when malware fighter is not running I can play garys mod, but when malware fighter is running the game wont run.

what I see when garys mod does not run with iobit malware fighter v2 pro installed is a blue screen saying loading in the lower right corner for about 3-5 seconds, then goes back to my desktop. no pop ups or anything in log files was found.

sorry to say, but when my friend found this to be the case he uninstalled iobit malware fighter. ;(

Hi SerfT,

Thanks for your reply.

For the issue about your games, please rename the Driver folder to a name you like in the installation directory of IObit Malware Fighter. Then reboot your PC. Finally, please check whether the issue is solved or not.

To open the installation directory: right click IObit Malware Fighter icon on desktop and select Open File Location.

Let us know the result.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

Double post but there has been no response to my original post so I will try again here.

I use BD W8 Security (boo) as opposed to ASC Ultimate (applause) on three computers. Two are running W8.1 and one is running W8. I just disabled "autorun" on all three computers using BD W8 Security.

When I used BD W8 Security to disable "autorun" on the W8 computer IMF Pro gave me a popup message asking if I wanted to allow or block a change to my startup programs. I clicked allow.

When I used BD W8 security to disable "autorun" on my two W8.1 computers I did not get a popup from IMF Pro.

If fact come to think of it I don't recall seeing any IMF popup to allow or block on my two W8.1 computers since I upgraded those two computers to W8.1 about a week ago. Now it could be that I have not done anything on those two computers before disabling "autorun" that would have generated a popup if the actions were done on W8. However, that seems unlikely since I have installed a number of programs after IMF 2.0 Pro was running on W8.1.

My IMF Pro "Protect" settings are identical on all three computers, DOG is turned on and Protect is set to the recommended level.

Hi scrd01, Octavian and Buddahfan,

@ all, Thanks for your great suggestions. I will report to our product team for consideration.

@Octavian, could you please describe your suggestions more clearly? Sorry that I can not get you totally. :oops:

Iobit Malware Fighter warns the user via a notification window when a threat is detected, and tell the user to block or allow the running process.

Iobit Malware Fighter should take decisions automatically each time not disturbing the user.

Hi Octavian,

I think, it can only be an option for the user with the note "Use at your own risk", as there were many complaints in the past for that automatic behaviour. False Positives will give a great headacke otherwise. (Specially system files of which we have had bad experience in the past. Some other well known 3rd party malware products had the same disaster too.)

Cheers.

Hi Octavian,

I think, it can only be an option for the user with the note "Use at your own risk", as there were many complaints in the past for that automatic behaviour. False Positives will give a great headacke otherwise. (Specially system files of which we have had bad experience in the past. Some other well known 3rd party malware products had the same disaster too.)

Cheers.

Couldn't have said it better myself.:lol:

Problem with multiple users on W8. When multiple users are logged in IMF Pro only shows on the desktop of the first logged in user. It will not show on the desktop of the second logged in user.

If I go the IObit IMF Pro folder and click the program *.exe file while I am at the desktop of the second logged in user the IMF Pro GUI pops up on the destktop of the first logged in user. If I log out of the first user then IMF Pro will show on the desktop of the second logged in user.

Hi Buddahfan,

Did you try to install IMF again(without uninstalling) as the second user? As some of the system files (e.g. cofig.ini file) of IMF is under :C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

They may also be created for the second user when installed again.

Cheers.

Problem with multiple users on W8. When multiple users are logged in IMF Pro only shows on the desktop of the first logged in user. It will not show on the desktop of the second logged in user.

If I go the IObit IMF Pro folder and click the program *.exe file while I am at the desktop of the second logged in user the IMF Pro GUI pops up on the destktop of the first logged in user. If I log out of the first user then IMF Pro will show on the desktop of the second logged in user.

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for your feedback.

The situation you mentioned is normal, for IObit Malware Fighter does not support multiple users currently. But we will develop and make improvements in the feature.

For the issue that " When I used BD W8 security to disable "autorun" on my two W8.1 computers I did not get a popup from IMF Pro." , please update to our latest IMF 2.2 from http://download.cnet.com/IObit-Malware-Fighter/3000-8022_4-10967594.html to see whether the issue continues.

If you can still get popups on Win8 but not on Win8.1, please send us the pop up that you mentioned on win8.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Buddahfan,

Thanks for your feedback.

The situation you mentioned is normal, for IObit Malware Fighter does not support multiple users currently. But we will develop and make improvements in the feature.

For the issue that " When I used BD W8 security to disable "autorun" on my two W8.1 computers I did not get a popup from IMF Pro." , please update to our latest IMF 2.2 from http://download.cnet.com/IObit-Malware-Fighter/3000-8022_4-10967594.html to see whether the issue continues.

If you can still get popups on Win8 but not on Win8.1, please send us the pop up that you mentioned on win8.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I only login multiple simultaneous multiple users on my W8 computer. It is a sometimes thing. Mostly just to update some Metro apps and check around in the Windows Store to see if W8.1 is showing up yet on that computer. That is another problem alltogether.:-)

So next time I have occassion to have mutliple users logged in on that computer I will try and remember to check.

Hi Buddahfan,

Did you try to install IMF again(without uninstalling) as the second user? As some of the system files (e.g. cofig.ini file) of IMF is under :C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter

They may also be created for the second user when installed again.

Cheers.

Good idea. If I try it I will try and remember to post back about the result. See my post above as to why my original post on this was more informational than a concern to me.

• 3 weeks later...
The database of Iobit Malware Fighter is not updated daily.The database should not just update daily but several times per day.

Hi Octavian,

It is decided by IObit that IMF db will be updated twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays) and can be offline updated twice a week, and ASCU db will be updated several times a day and can be offline updated once a month. See NEWS & OFFERS section.

This certainly is appropriate and there is no need for a more frequent update of db by IMF.

Thank you and cheers.